TG01 slowdown

Guest bagiabanmaybay

Guest bagiabanmaybay

Hi all,

I have been crazy with my TG01 lately, the phone is suddenly slowdown, soft reset did not help. It turned normal after hard reset but messed up again after half day or a day. After master clear, i only installed SPB shell 3.5.3. I'm using unlock orange TG01.

Don't know if anyone experienced this problem and overcame it before. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Hi all,

I have been crazy with my TG01 lately, the phone is suddenly slowdown, soft reset did not help. It turned normal after hard reset but messed up again after half day or a day. After master clear, i only installed SPB shell 3.5.3. I'm using unlock orange TG01.

Don't know if anyone experienced this problem and overcame it before. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

mine has started doing a similar thing occasionally. device.exe seems to use 99% of cpu (straight after soft reset) and drawing to the screen is painfully slow. i found uninstalling opera10.3 almost always solves the problem, I cant live without opera so normally reinstall it & uninstall if it starts to slowdown again.

Guest grahame30
mine has started doing a similar thing occasionally. device.exe seems to use 99% of cpu (straight after soft reset) and drawing to the screen is painfully slow. i found uninstalling opera10.3 almost always solves the problem, I cant live without opera so normally reinstall it & uninstall if it starts to slowdown again.

AR CRAP !!! i have just this second download the same shell BUGGER ! i wish i had seen your post before as i was uming and aring should i download it .

oh well to late now .

i will get back if i have the same prob .

how long after you downloaded the shell did it all go pear shaped ?

i keep my downloads to a min as i keep seeing pepole say the same thing they downloaded loads of files/ apps and boom tg just cant take it .

also how much did you pay for your shell

regards

g

Guest bagiabanmaybay
AR CRAP !!! i have just this second download the same shell BUGGER ! i wish i had seen your post before as i was uming and aring should i download it .

oh well to late now .

i keep my downloads to a min as i keep seeing pepole say the same thing they downloaded loads of files/ apps and boom tg just cant take it .

regards

g

Sorry if i did not understand u well

I have used SPB for ages (since Dec) and did not report any problem, the problem just came from no where for a week now.

Guest columbo

I have had similar problems in the past. You have to reset it many times and eventually it should start at normal speed.

I tried several things to solve it, but the only thing that seems to have got rid of the problem is using JWMD Icon Changer from the xda-developers site. I used it to tidy up my start menu into folders and changed some of the ugly icons with icons from iconspedia.com. I can't say for certain whether this is what solved the problem, but ever since I started doing that, the slowdowns have gone away. I haven't synced with my PC since my last hard reset, so that might be a factor, but that didn't make a difference in the past.

Try it. Let me know if it makes a difference for you.

Other things that might help include using memmaid or SK Tools to keep your notifications queue free of duplicates, and I have read that someone found that having startup items run in a certain order seemed to help, but try the Start Menu thing first. Don't forget to report back if it helps or if it doesn't.

Guest xdalover
I have had similar problems in the past. You have to reset it many times and eventually it should start at normal speed.

I tried several things to solve it, but the only thing that seems to have got rid of the problem is using JWMD Icon Changer from the xda-developers site. I used it to tidy up my start menu into folders and changed some of the ugly icons with icons from iconspedia.com. I can't say for certain whether this is what solved the problem, but ever since I started doing that, the slowdowns have gone away. I haven't synced with my PC since my last hard reset, so that might be a factor, but that didn't make a difference in the past.

Try it. Let me know if it makes a difference for you.

Other things that might help include using memmaid or SK Tools to keep your notifications queue free of duplicates, and I have read that someone found that having startup items run in a certain order seemed to help, but try the Start Menu thing first. Don't forget to report back if it helps or if it doesn't.

Try using the hardware RESET button (under the battery cover) instead of softreset by software. It's just a theory, but I've found that the reset made in this way seems to be deeper than the other one

Try and share results!

Best Regards

Guest bagiabanmaybay

Thanks all for your reply,

I also noticed device.exe ate up 90% CPU, though I have no idea what the file is doing.

Haven't tried hardware reset but will do next time

Uninstalling SPB shell does solve the problem, have almost o day working fine, so it may be due to the SPB thing which is kinda weirld.

I'm using useless Toshiba UI and really love SPB.

I also have error with the file named GWES.exe which also i have no idea what that is.

Do you guys have the same problem or mine was faulty.

Cheers

Guest adzman808
Thanks all for your reply,

I also noticed device.exe ate up 90% CPU, though I have no idea what the file is doing.

Haven't tried hardware reset but will do next time

Uninstalling SPB shell does solve the problem, have almost o day working fine, so it may be due to the SPB thing which is kinda weirld.

I'm using useless Toshiba UI and really love SPB.

I also have error with the file named GWES.exe which also i have no idea what that is.

Do you guys have the same problem or mine was faulty.

Cheers

hiya,

gwes.exe is the app with controls your power off/on

see here for more info

http://www.modaco.com/content/toshiba-tg01...r-off-software/

Guest grahame30
Sorry if i did not understand u well

I have used SPB for ages (since Dec) and did not report any problem, the problem just came from no where for a week now.

well i have had this shell running since around 4.30am and it,s now 5.30pm ish so a good 13 hours with no problems of crashing or hanging / freezeing.

i really really like this app it,s very smooth and i showed a work colleague who is a iphone user and to say he was gelous would be an understeatment lol.

as per the norm i hammer the phone each day at work and will get home with around 10 %to 20 % of the battery but today i got home with 40% remaining on the battery .

i am 100% sure i have spent more time on it today than normal as it is nice and new and like a big kid at christmas with his new present. is this right ? i am also running battclock and can see that the cpu/ect all is low is it possible that running this 3.5.3 shell is saving much needed battery juice ?

any ideas ?

g

Guest mkultr4

oh well to late now .

regards

g

Hello G,

if you purchased SPB from their own site use the 30 day no quibbles money back. They do refund if your not happy.

thanks,

mkultr4

Guest grahame30
Hello G,

if you purchased SPB from their own site use the 30 day no quibbles money back. They do refund if your not happy.

thanks,

mkultr4

yes i spoted that thanks for pointing that out it,s allways a bonus when you can get your hard earned cash back if it all goes wrong but lets hope it does not :(

regards g

i dont have spb shell installed on mine, i'm fairly sure the problem occurs after opera 10.3 crashes

tried running cleanram whilst the tg01 is on it's go-slow but this doesnt seem to make any difference.

often when it's going slow, soft resetting with the power button does wierd stuff (if i press the button again quickly the today screen comes back up for a few seconds)

EDIT: have just soft-reset using the button on the back of the phone and it's running at normal speed again now :(

this is something that has only started happening in the last few weeks, i've had the device for maybe 6 months now. very wierd.

Edited by bingm

Guest grahame30
i dont have spb shell installed on mine, i'm fairly sure the problem occurs after opera 10.3 crashes

tried running cleanram whilst the tg01 is on it's go-slow but this doesnt seem to make any difference.

often when it's going slow, soft resetting with the power button does wierd stuff (if i press the button again quickly the today screen comes back up for a few seconds)

EDIT: have just soft-reset using the button on the back of the phone and it's running at normal speed again now :(

this is something that has only started happening in the last few weeks, i've had the device for maybe 6 months now. very wierd.

it,s really odd ?

Guest bagiabanmaybay

Tried installing SPB mobile shell and soft reset, the phone was slow down again, tried hardware reset but it did not work

Unintalled SPB, soft reset, the phone was back to normal ==> this must be SPB. Weird thing is i have used SPB with my phone for 3 4 months now and it was ok.

Any1 has any idea what's going on.

I have simmilar problems sometimes. But do not judge to early the spb shell. If you restart you phone for more times it will run once again normal as it was. So it has not realy has something to do with SPB...

I have simmilar problems sometimes. But do not judge to early the spb shell. If you restart you phone for more times it will run once again normal as it was. So it has not realy has something to do with SPB...

yeh i dont think this is limited to SPB mobile shell, i've found that both opera and dorothy browser have given me similar symptoms (i think all 3 of these apps use hardware acceleration so perhaps it's related to that?)

I don`t know how I solved it, but I did have similar problem in the past, I recommend never change any setting in the registry and Format the memory card using the desktop PC instead of phone. I hope this helps.

Guest grahame30
well i have had this shell running since around 4.30am and it,s now 5.30pm ish so a good 13 hours with no problems of crashing or hanging / freezeing.

i really really like this app it,s very smooth and i showed a work colleague who is a iphone user and to say he was gelous would be an understeatment lol.

as per the norm i hammer the phone each day at work and will get home with around 10 %to 20 % of the battery but today i got home with 40% remaining on the battery .

i am 100% sure i have spent more time on it today than normal as it is nice and new and like a big kid at christmas with his new present. is this right ? i am also running battclock and can see that the cpu/ect all is low is it possible that running this 3.5.3 shell is saving much needed battery juice ?

any ideas ?

g

secound day running spb shell 3.5.3 and all is ok i am monotoring the cpu/rom and most important the battery and yet agine power consumption is low agine !

cant understand whats happening im so convinced it,s this new shell what else could it be ?

secound day running spb shell 3.5.3 and all is ok i am monotoring the cpu/rom and most important the battery and yet agine power consumption is low agine !

cant understand whats happening im so convinced it,s this new shell what else could it be ?

i've got the slowbug and i dont even have spb shell installed.

i've just reset teh bloody thing 3 times using the reset button on the back. this didnt help so i pulled the battery and it's back to full speed now :(

Edited by bingm

Guest bagiabanmaybay

I got it once more today, but after three times hardware resetting, the slowdown disappeared.

So the only solution now is to do hardware reset until the phone is back to normal ^^.

Guest columbo

Did you try my suggestions?

Also, have a look on the Omnia II forums. Some people there have had similar problems.

I forgot to mention that as well as organizing my start menu into folders, I used MemMaid to arrange the start up programs, making sure that the AutoKeyLock.lnk is last and poutlook.lnk is first. I had read that somewhere and have tried it. Like Ì said, I don't know what specific thing helped, but after having had the problem on this phone for a long time, I have now had NO slowdowns for over a month.

I also formatted my memory card using my PC, so it's possible that might have helped as well. I did try that before and it didn't help, so I didn't think it was worth mentioning, but as someone else did it and it seemed to help them, it's worth trying it.

If you want to try the start menu idea. I used Resco File explorer to move the icons in my Start Menu folder into folders for different categories (accessories, media, internet, office, navigation and system tools) which keeps the first page of the start menu relatively small. I also do it for my convenience as it helps me navigate the phone easier.

If none of this works get back to me. There must be something I've done to make the problem go away because it doesn't happen to me anymore. It could be something really simple that I've forgotten about.

Hope this helps.

Guest paroariax

I tried moving items in the Start menu once and it gave me a warning that some programs might not work if I continue. I'm wondering why does it say this, and is it just talking bullhooks?

Guest bagiabanmaybay
Did you try my suggestions?

Also, have a look on the Omnia II forums. Some people there have had similar problems.

I forgot to mention that as well as organizing my start menu into folders, I used MemMaid to arrange the start up programs, making sure that the AutoKeyLock.lnk is last and poutlook.lnk is first. I had read that somewhere and have tried it. Like Ì said, I don't know what specific thing helped, but after having had the problem on this phone for a long time, I have now had NO slowdowns for over a month.

I also formatted my memory card using my PC, so it's possible that might have helped as well. I did try that before and it didn't help, so I didn't think it was worth mentioning, but as someone else did it and it seemed to help them, it's worth trying it.

If you want to try the start menu idea. I used Resco File explorer to move the icons in my Start Menu folder into folders for different categories (accessories, media, internet, office, navigation and system tools) which keeps the first page of the start menu relatively small. I also do it for my convenience as it helps me navigate the phone easier.

If none of this works get back to me. There must be something I've done to make the problem go away because it doesn't happen to me anymore. It could be something really simple that I've forgotten about.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate,

U r really enthusiastic,

No I did not try your method, but fortunately my phone is back to normal now, no more random slowdown and crap, i have been running SPB smoothly for couple of days. Still have no idea why it goes away and how it turned up.

Cheers

Guest adzman808
I tried moving items in the Start menu once and it gave me a warning that some programs might not work if I continue. I'm wondering why does it say this, and is it just talking bullhooks?

IMHO 98% b.allocks & 2% suck it & see & be prepared to move it back again if you have a problem...

i think you'll be fine

the warning amounts too its possible if you put this shortcut or app elsewhere windows might not be able to find & run the application to which this file is looking for

but i doubt it....

& like i say, windows may not find it, but you will & if you move it back it'll start working again!

Guest grahame30

oh well to late now .

regards

g

it,s all gone pear shaped with my tg01 turned it on this morning and tried to send a text but nothing then tried to send an email and same agine nothing i had soft reset it 4 times but nothing . i have now uninstalled the spb mobile shell 3.5.3 and now it,s really gone tit,s up the hole thing is frozen .

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the day before this happened the tg started to get a bit sluggish so now the hard reset will start dam