Unknown User: Root Can anyone help?

Guest Celanor

Guest Celanor

I've been having an issue with using root on my HTC Hero (Sprint), the exact problem is in the title and the screenshot below. The issues began after

using the method described in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593952 to work around an issue I had installing Busybox.

I have since tried using both the 1.29 and 1.56 RUU's to reflash the phone but neither will work, it gets to the point of waiting for the bootloader and exits at 90 seconds, the phone does nothing. I have tried rebotting the phone manually into fastboot by shutting it down and turning it on holding hte power and volume up keys, but that doesn't work. I've also tried rebooting with ADB from the recovery console while it's waiting for the bootloader, I can't reboot from ADB in normal mode.

I've also tried using the rom.zip from the RUU 1.56 files, but AmonRa won't flash it, and a factory reset by any and all available methods does not work. I did make a nandroid backup after I screwed everything up so I have access to all of my applications and data still when I reflash that image, but I can't find a stock image to flash at all.

I have pulled the contents of /system to my desktop via ADB, so perhaps there is a way to edit files there and then push them back over, if push to /system will work for me, but I don't know what file I would edit.

Can anyone help?

ADBScrSht.png

***EDIT***

If anyone could provide a clean Nandroid backup that I could use to restore, I would greatly appreciate it!

Edited by Celanor