Android BeebPlayer

Guest Remington Steale

Guest Nitro Fan
Yep, I don't see that this will really affect anyone. The iPhone app still works, and obviously that phone can't support flash at all.

The BBC took the decision years back to put a huge backdoor in their security systems for the iPhone with h264 video, and we can all still exploit it.

I expect Adobe's flash security will be cracked pretty soon if it's actually affecting a significant number of people. They've shown they can't write secure software in the first place, so it's unlikely they're able to write an infallible encryption system.

I am a brand new N1 owner but I cannot find beebplayer in the market?

any ideas please

Guest Lordsmiff

It's been removed in the last week or so as the dev has ceased development on it due to the impending release of flash and froyo which means android will be able to use the standard flash iplayer site...

Still, I won't hold my breath for the hero update or remove beebplayer in the meantime..

Smiffy.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest paulsmith

As I've just wiped my hero with the new fancy 2.1 - I cannot find beebplayer.

Does anyone know why its been removed?

I can understand development stopping because of 2.2 and flash. But why remove it? Old version was still useful

Guest Carl_Brummy
As I've just wiped my hero with the new fancy 2.1 - I cannot find beebplayer.

Does anyone know why its been removed?

I can understand development stopping because of 2.2 and flash. But why remove it? Old version was still useful

AFAIK the old version, simply stopped working for Radio and Video and now has been desupported/removed from the market.

Guest 2brains

BBC have added android compatible radio streams on their own site now, with the caveat that the phone will stay full on the full time, if you try to turn the screen off the stream stops :)

No alternative for the video as far as I know, but it was just the radio I was interested in myself so haven't looked into it