satnav/maps/tomtom/gps whats out there for tg01

Guest grahame30

Guest grahame30

hi all

has anyone got or used a good sat nav / tomtom / gps service that is free ? also i am looking for a app were the uk map is allready on or can be downloaded and so i can use my onboard gps ect .

i use google maps/latitude and really like it but it,s a bit slow logging into latitude/maps .

thanks guys

grahame30

Guest grahame30
Actually there are a lot of them out there...

What do you mean by free? Take a look on ppc:arez...

free as in no licence i can just download the hole maps file so no need to keep on line as google does to keep it updated as you move . somthing along the lines of tom tom ect .

thanks g

Guest bib*oops
free as in no licence i can just download the hole maps file so no need to keep on line as google does to keep it updated as you move . somthing along the lines of tom tom ect .

thanks g

Like tomtom, igo8, garmin?

Guest bib*oops

Yes, i am actually using garminxt(simple, but pretty good, depending of maps you got, with off-road capabilities), iGo8.3.2.(more complicated, various plugins/options/capabilities with landscaping, 3d buildings, not very updated for east-EU:missing roads, crossroads/junctions, etc) and automapa (a relative new, from a polish developper, nice software, promissing for future, if better support, also some 3d buildings, also not very good maps for east-EU, still testing=new aquisition), working fine on tg01.

Btw I was always impressed about gps capabilities of our (nasty sometimes) tosh-es.

Edited by bib*oops

Guest leeston2379

Thought i should point out non of the mentioned apps are "free", they all required activaton from the manufacturer. Warez versons are available but discussing them here is against the rules.

hi all

has anyone got or used a good sat nav / tomtom / gps service that is free ? also i am looking for a app were the uk map is allready on or can be downloaded and so i can use my onboard gps ect.

CoPilot 8 is excellent - grab it from http://www.alk.eu.com/

The UK Maps edition costs just £26.99 and works very well indeed - the TG01 even makes it onto the official compatibility list :(

Guest paroariax

You can download Google Maps tiles to display on your mobile in MGMaps. See here for more information on doing that. I don't know if you can get MGMaps to interact with the Internal GPS or not.

Related question: Can the Internal GPS be used on Orange(UK) PAYG without consuming data? My understanding was that GPS transceivers don't need to use the mobile phone network, but the woman in the Orange shop who sold me the phone said it did, so I'm not sure.

Edited by paroariax

Guest bib*oops
You can download Google Maps tiles to display on your mobile in MGMaps. See here for more information on doing that. I don't know if you can get MGMaps to interact with the Internal GPS or not.

Related question: Can the Internal GPS be used on Orange(UK) PAYG without consuming data? My understanding was that GPS transceivers don't need to use the mobile phone network, but the woman in the Orange shop who sold me the phone said it did, so I'm not sure.

Don't buy all sh*t from orange: if you have a real nav/softw like tomtom,garmin,igo you will be fine navigating with your good gps capabilities tg01 & you don't need a mobile phone network consuming data(NOTE: DON'T TURN OFF YOUR PHONE, BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE TROUBLES WITH YOUR GPS SIGNAL or USE gpsgate 2.6).

Guest paroariax

lol. She was probably thinking of Orange Maps, which I think is a satnav of sorts that does require a constant data connection. Its a shame the TG01 doesn't come with any other GPS apps installe, not even a simple util to tell you your position in lat/long.

Guest rob evans

Hi im new to TG01, anyway as it was only £149 from Orange shops on offer, i decided to buy one, i have installed Copilot live 8 and as the price of £26.99(currently on offer @alk.com), it works very well, a similar product is from tom tom but @£80+ it was a no no.

The map data covers UK and ireland.

Check alk.eu.com :(

Edited by rob evans

Guest grahame30
Hi im new to TG01, anyway as it was only £149 from Orange shops on offer, i decided to buy one, i have installed Copilot live 8 and as the price of £26.99(currently on offer @alk.com), it works very well, a similar product is from tom tom but @£80+ it was a no no.

The map data covers UK and ireland.

Check alk.eu.com :(

THANKS to all of you who yet agine come through for me with support and ideas regarding the gps/maps issue

i am so glad i joined this forrum .

all the best grahame30