malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Hi Malez is difficulty porting your great recovery to galaxy s

Thanks

I dont have such a device but if you have have one + a galaxy s boot.img dump maybe i coudl try (i you are ready to tests because I would work as "blind")

Guest erik501
I dont have such a device but if you have have one + a galaxy s boot.img dump maybe i coudl try (i you are ready to tests because I would work as "blind")

My english is very bad,I do not know how to extract the original recovery from the galaxy's

My english is very bad,I do not know how to extract the original recovery from the galaxy's

I would need an original galaxy recovery or even a boot.img from any custom rom available for galaxy-s. I had a look at Paul-s Galaxy-S custom rom but it contains no boot image.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zeroicbyte

I'm trying to flash your recovery with Linux Ubuntu 10.04 without success.

If I give the command 'adb devices' it prints my device. Then I writes 'adb reboot bootloader' and the phone enters in bootload. But when I use 'fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery malezRecovery_0.5.4.img' this appears: "fastboot: command couldn't be found". So I try 'sudo ./fastboot flash recovery malezRecovery_0.5.4.img' and get the message "<waiting for device>" which is endless.

How am I suppose to solve this issue?

Can someone give me a .rules file made for Acer Liquid, perhaps I got the wrong code every time I've tried to create a new 70-android.rules

I've also put the fastboot file in sdk/tools and changed the .bashrc

Any ideas? I'm new to Linux and I do my best to learn this kind of things.

I'm trying to flash your recovery with Linux Ubuntu 10.04 without success.

If I give the command 'adb devices' it prints my device. Then I writes 'adb reboot bootloader' and the phone enters in bootload. But when I use 'fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery malezRecovery_0.5.4.img' this appears: "fastboot: command couldn't be found". So I try 'sudo ./fastboot flash recovery malezRecovery_0.5.4.img' and get the message "<waiting for device>" which is endless.

How am I suppose to solve this issue?

Can someone give me a .rules file made for Acer Liquid, perhaps I got the wrong code every time I've tried to create a new 70-android.rules

I've also put the fastboot file in sdk/tools and changed the .bashrc

Any ideas? I'm new to Linux and I do my best to learn this kind of things.

sudo ./fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery malezRecovery_0.5.4.img

you have to provide the vendor id (acer) to fastboot if you want it to find you device.

My last night developpments on recovery :

• Support of compressed backup (take more time and more space while preocessing but result is about 40%less than standard backups)
  • Busybox updated to 1.18.0 (so you can update install it or upgrade your installation to this one
  • Cache partition is now restored
  • Added latest Superuser for eclair/froyo (unable to integrate donut one, uses too much space
  • Ability to replace a backup instead of creating a new one
  • Maybe other things I have forgotten, it was late

Now I will add support for some more hidden internal commands.

Hi Malez I installed your recovery menu on my new Liquid E Ferrari edition... before I read that it shouldn't work on it !

Luckily the recovery does work and it saved me as the rooting process seemed to have bricked the device :P (I couldn't boot pass the Acer logo) Thanks to your recovert I was able to install LCR 1.8 and my Liquid Ferrari now works !

The only regret I have is that I'm currently unable to go back to stock... (if anybody has an idea).

Thanks and great work !

Hi Malez I installed your recovery menu on my new Liquid E Ferrari edition... before I read that it shouldn't work on it !

Luckily the recovery does work and it saved me as the rooting process seemed to have bricked the device :P (I couldn't boot pass the Acer logo) Thanks to your recovert I was able to install LCR 1.8 and my Liquid Ferrari now works !

The only regret I have is that I'm currently unable to go back to stock... (if anybody has an idea).

Thanks and great work !

As you have a ferrari, i will give you the bin (brick other phones than ferrari) but promise me to install recovery and do a nandroid backup first (before any modification) and give it to me.

Edited by malez

OK no problem I'll do it.

I already have your recovery installed, unless this bin file removes it I won't have to install it again ?

I guess I'll have to wipe everything before applying the bin file ?

Thanks a lot !!!

Hi, Malez.

Will current Malez Recovery work with newly leaked 2.2 BIN?

Thanks!

For the moment 0.5.4 works for flashing update, but not for root / apps2sd. If you have a look at you backups (made on new bin) you will see data and system have switched. No problem if you backup/restore on the same bin.

I have managed to fix all these issues tonight for 0.6

Guest vikings123
For the moment 0.5.4 works for flashing update, but not for root / apps2sd. If you have a look at you backups (made on new bin) you will see data and system have switched. No problem if you backup/restore on the same bin.

Thanks, Malez. Look forward to your new release....

:P

malez, sorry for posting this here, but I've been wondering with something around app2sd that I can't get a solution in any place!

When the ext2 partition is mounted in /system/sd at boot time it keeps forever there, and when we turn usb mass storage in linux the same partition appears on the computer side, witch is a huge problem, the same partition beeing read and writed in two places at the same time. I gotta be honest, I'm too lazy to test other roms (currently on 2.1 stock update) to see if the problem was solved, but like I didn't find a solution anywhere, I don't think there is an easy way to fix this without modifying vold, right?? This will get useless soon because almost any phone in the market will have (in some way) froyo, but until there isn't at least official 2.2 for our liquids I would like not to have my sd card damaged.

Edited by henr

Malez,

On 2.2, I was able to use apps2sd, after flashing su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip, but it made endless loop on restart. OK, I should assume if apps2sd (on extended of the sd) should work, the apps that will be transported should be on the phone and not on sd's main partition that was moved by froyo.

thanks

Guest matlegro

i'm try to go Nandroid Backup but not work, i've malezRecovery 0.5.4, on new leak of Froyo 0.007.00!

This is error:

Error: Run nandroid-mobile.sh via console ! (enough space left on sd?)

excuse me for my bad english!!

Edited by matlegro

malez, sorry for posting this here, but I've been wondering with something around app2sd that I can't get a solution in any place!

When the ext2 partition is mounted in /system/sd at boot time it keeps forever there, and when we turn usb mass storage in linux the same partition appears on the computer side, witch is a huge problem, the same partition beeing read and writed in two places at the same time. I gotta be honest, I'm too lazy to test other roms (currently on 2.1 stock update) to see if the problem was solved, but like I didn't find a solution anywhere, I don't think there is an easy way to fix this without modifying vold, right?? This will get useless soon because almost any phone in the market will have (in some way) froyo, but until there isn't at least official 2.2 for our liquids I would like not to have my sd card damaged.

You won't have your sdcard damage, as look as you do not mount parition on your computer. On nearly all linux distrib, it is done if accesing, so don"t worry about this.

Edited by malez

i'm try to go Nandroid Backup but not work, i've malezRecovery 0.5.4, on new leak of Froyo 0.007.00!

This is error:

Error: Run nandroid-mobile.sh via console ! (enough space left on sd?)

excuse me for my bad english!!

That is a know bug due to froyo leak changes.

Recovery 0.6 will fix all issues you encountered with froyo leak (root,apps2sd, nandroid), will stay compatible with other bins, and add new features.

I just have to test one feature to compare effcience and i will release.

You won't have your sdcard damage, as look as you do not mount parition on your computer. On nearly all linux distrib, it is done if accesing, so don"t worry about this.

Last night I was trying to compile fuse-ext2 to modify it as wrapper arround the ext2 partition and don't allow writing on the sdcard when mass storage is enabled, but I got to many errors while compiling that I quit trying. Not to mention that I would need to tweek so bad the Makefile to compile the dependencies and binaries statically. Maybe in some other time, when I have more time I'll give it another try. But as I said, with froyo comming to every phone this won't be needed anymore, so its in my very low priority..

Regards

BTW: ubuntu mounts automatically, so, its a big problem...

Edited by henr

Guest sette7nani
That is a know bug due to froyo leak changes.

Recovery 0.6 will fix all issues you encountered with froyo leak (root,apps2sd, nandroid), will stay compatible with other bins, and add new features.

I just have to test one feature to compare effcience and i will release.

any news?

great!

thank you man, for all your work !

:P

I will try to release recovery tonight, LCR E 1.8.2 with Lcr Settings app (give it a try it worth it) will be released in 2/3 days

Any donation is welcome to support me :)

Edited by malez