i8000 Camera FIX: "Picture_DATE_TIME".JPG

Guest manosandrea

Thanks a lot Sorg ,

The fix really works perfectly !!!

If i'm not asking for too much, is it possible the date to be DDMMYY ??????

Thanks again !!!!!!!!

Edited by manosandrea

Guest Vostradamus
Thanks a lot Sorg ,

The fix really works perfectly !!!

If i'm not asking for too much, is it possible the date to be DDMMYY ??????

Thanks again !!!!!!!!

Just curious: why would you want that? If you name them like that they won't be in the right chronological order when sorted by filename... would be quite non-standard :P

(don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious)

Guest eduuuuu

Sorg... This definitely deserves some contribution for this incredible help and fix.

It´s simple things like this one that makes our jobs and entertaining features when using the camera so much easier.

Please, kindly post a link for Donation, if that´s ok.

Thank you again.

Guest eduuuuu

I hope I´m not being a prick, Vostradamus has point... no sense with that date order... It would be too unorganized dude

It´s always nice to hear suggestions though.

Guest sorg

DDMMYY while better for reading is a bad for sorting as it was told above. That's why i even didn't look for this option.

That's why i didn't make something like 2010-May-05. Problem with sorting will kill all advantages.

P.S.: I don't need for donations. At least now. I have a job :P

Also, i believe donations will just destroy hobby.

Guest sakku
DDMMYY while better for reading is a bad for sorting as it was told above. That's why i even didn't look for this option.

That's why i didn't make something like 2010-May-05. Problem with sorting will kill all advantages.

thanks sorg, for your kindly heart not to accept any donations.. u're so excellent creating camera.exe more valuable for now..

does the latest update fix the location folder to save the camera file to DCIM\100SSCAM ?

Guest manosandrea

Just responding to you and to other guys above, that's the only reason --- beter for reading---.

You allways have to keep in mind the correct order.

Ex. 100504 means 4 mai 2010, but it could mean 10 mai 2004 ! ( of course if one forgets the correct order).

But if it can't be done, it can't be done !!

No problem , have only been curious, it was just a suggestion !!!!!!

Anyway, the Fix works perfectly !!!

Thanks again !!!

Guest sorg
does the latest update fix the location folder to save the camera file to DCIM\100SSCAM ?

This is not a bug. I've made it intentionaly. So, nothing to fix here. All samsung apps can find pics in i8000CAM folder (including camera preview). As for 100SSCAM it's not a fixed folder. After 100 pics, there will be 101SSCAM and then 102SSCAM... Somebody already have those folders and new pics will mess with old.

Edited by sorg

Guest Ceed19

Im using on my I920, the gps function does nto seem to work. Does it work for anyone else on the i920?

By work I mean a correct GPS position. I am trying to use it and it always shows zeros or other things and not my correct position. sometimes it shows this location in Virginia which is far from me. It says its on, it gets a signal, but the coordinates it saves are always zeros or randomly incorrect

Guest Real_life

Hello there

I found out that the B7610 has the same anoying problem....

But it doesn't have a topic about this issue on there

So i tried the solutions posted there because they are almost the same

The problem is that the app works fine, it even has two new resolution modes that B7610 doesn't have.

But when i click on the shooting button to focus or shot, nothing happens...

It work for starting the camera app, but doesn't work to shot pictures.

Is there a way to fix this?

keep up the great job

Edited by Real_life

Guest fubo
just wanted to throw out there it does not work on JD6.

It works for me. WM 6.5.5.23568+JD6+Camera from Sorg.

Only issue I have to solve is that if I click on an image in File Explorer, it tries to open it, but does not.

Guest xkill3rprox

Hey sorg,

can i request that the 2nd camera mod file name is the same as the 1st camera mod?

I prefer that though, cause i'm not sure what the SNC means.

Anyways good job(:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jmi003
Works for me though.

No luck for me either with GPS and the i920 with the latest ROM update... :( But nice work in progress!!! :(

Guest HugoB

Hello Sorg.

many thanks on your work. Very appreciated.

I would like to make a suggestion:

Edit your 1st post and place there the latest file. When I was reading the post, I found the 1st file, but, as I'm a curious guy, i've read all the topic and found the 2nd version.

I think that new guys will stuck in the 1st file and then start to ask the very first questions of the post.

Just a suggestion.

Looks great. Unfortunately in my case the camera play picture function seems broken - it browses through all the photos automatically until it reaches the oldest one.

Also happens if you enable picture preview - it shows the picture you just took and then starts jumping through all the other pictures.

Guest Arkadas

GPS sadly broken.

Camera is browsing wrong picture dir when using the picture view button in the cam software.

Picture names are perfect, never the same name :)

thanks!

Arkadas

PS using i8000 winmo 6.5

Edited by Arkadas

Guest xlmasterz

Emm can someone here teach me wad should i do in order to be able to run that application when i press the camera button? Thanks.