HTC HERO G2 (T-Mobile) Really Stuck

Guest noodlemctwoolde

Guest noodlemctwoolde

Good day to every one my first post, i hope your all well :(

I have been read ing this forum for a while now and i recently bought a T-Mobile Touch G2 on ebay for cheap :(

So i have the HTC Hero G2 on T-Moblie spec found below. and i would like to debrand it and get rid of all the T-Mobile videos and references within the OS.

I have been trying for a number of days now to root this phone, but im pretty much at a dead end now. I have tried the one click method over on theunlock.dot.com, however that does not work, as it fails to back up the phone and then you are unable to flash the recovery.img as the flash button is greyed out..

I have also tried the gold card method and this is what im still currently struggling with. i have followed many guides on many forums and sites, including this one (LINK) but i always get stuck with the same issue. The issue is that once i have coppied over the hex from the goldcard.img to the hex of the memory stick (range 0000000 to 0000170) and save it the sd card becomes unreadable and then it requires to be refomatted.

what am i doing wrong?

Phone Details:

Model:T-Mobile G2 Tuouch

Firmware:1.5

Baseband:63.18.55.06FU_63.07.08

Kernal:2.6.27-0078c992

Build:2.73.110.26 CL#69351 Release-keys

Software:1.0.0.A6288

CID number: 035344535530314780007e8bea0077c8

CID Reversed: c87700ea8b7e00804731305553445303

Goldcard CID number enter into httpCOLON//revskillsDOTde/pages/goldcardDOThtml

007700ea8b7e00804731305553445303

Is everything correct there?

Many Thanks for looking :(

Guest Dr. dre
Good day to every one my first post, i hope your all well :(

I have been read ing this forum for a while now and i recently bought a T-Mobile Touch G2 on ebay for cheap :(

So i have the HTC Hero G2 on T-Moblie spec found below. and i would like to debrand it and get rid of all the T-Mobile videos and references within the OS.

I have been trying for a number of days now to root this phone, but im pretty much at a dead end now. I have tried the one click method over on theunlock.dot.com, however that does not work, as it fails to back up the phone and then you are unable to flash the recovery.img as the flash button is greyed out..

I have also tried the gold card method and this is what im still currently struggling with. i have followed many guides on many forums and sites, including this one (LINK) but i always get stuck with the same issue. The issue is that once i have coppied over the hex from the goldcard.img to the hex of the memory stick (range 0000000 to 0000170) and save it the sd card becomes unreadable and then it requires to be refomatted.

what am i doing wrong?

Phone Details:

Model:T-Mobile G2 Tuouch

Firmware:1.5

Baseband:63.18.55.06FU_63.07.08

Kernal:2.6.27-0078c992

Build:2.73.110.26 CL#69351 Release-keys

Software:1.0.0.A6288

CID number: 035344535530314780007e8bea0077c8

CID Reversed: c87700ea8b7e00804731305553445303

Goldcard CID number enter into httpCOLON//revskillsDOTde/pages/goldcardDOThtml

007700ea8b7e00804731305553445303

Is everything correct there?

Many Thanks for looking :(

Dude try the Goldcard Method again, that's the only way to debrand your phone, so try it again till it doesn't work, I think try it with any other card because the problem you are telling is with the sdcard try it with any other card.

Guest b1ck132

Th SD card that came with your device should be good enough for a gold card.

Probably, you are chosing your SD card under Logical Disks. You need to choose the SD card, under the Physical Disks list, while using HxD.

Good luck.

Guest noodlemctwoolde
Th SD card that came with your device should be good enough for a gold card.

Probably, you are chosing your SD card under Logical Disks. You need to choose the SD card, under the Physical Disks list, while using HxD.

Good luck.

Dude your a legend :( your right i was selecting logica disk :(

Guest noodlemctwoolde

so i have now made the goldcard.

i rebooted the device with the gold card in and then went to update folling the gold card method on unlockrDOTcom.

it started applying the update and failed with the this error:

ERROR [140]: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR

The ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone.

Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and try again

I used this ROM: RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_1.76.405.1_R3_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver.exe

Many Thanks

Guest noodlemctwoolde
yeah, new ones cant use that firmware, use the 2.76.405.5 one (no sure that the 76 bit is correct, but the other 3 numbers definitely are)

ok, do you mean this build?

RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_1.76.405.6_WWE_release_signed_NoD river.exe

or

RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoD river.exe

Firmwares listed: Here (about half way down the page)

Well it has worked, i just tried RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver.

Thanks alot shenshang :(

Edited by noodlemctwoolde

Congrats on your first Root then mate ^^

Congrats too. Now be sure to make a nandroid backup so you can get back to this state if anything goes wrong in future :(

And have fun! There are loads of brilliant ROMs to try out. I've got the G2 too, and find that Modaco Custom ROM is the best (IMHO) for what I need, which is fast, totally stable OS to do me until 2.1 comes out next month (we hope).

On topic of 2.1 and updates, DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT flash an RUU from HTC onto the phone in future now! Any future RUU (like 2.1) is likely to be designed so it can't be removed, and will prevent rooting by locking down fastboot etc. and resetting recovery to stock. So be careful, and if in doubt about flashing an RUU, ask first, or don't flash it. When 2.1 is released, it will be repacked into a safe form by someone within minutes of release :(

Cheers

Guest noodlemctwoolde
When 2.1 is released, it will be repacked into a safe form by someone within minutes of release :(

Cheers

HEHE i'm looking forward to 2.1.

Has anyone tried the Villian ROMs over on XDA?

Guest fozzieb

Im using the 3 pre release just now and it is amazing, a few thing don't work but i don't use them anyway. Well worth a try, if you don't like it just pick another.

I had same issues as you just got mine working last night, was a Tmobile G2.