touchscreen problem

Guest Marcony0

Guest Marcony0

Well i have no idea but since before yesterday,my Hero is acting very weird ( PMS? ) the screen doesn't respond they way it supposed to. It didn't fall , didn't get wet .. and no one has access to it. I will be adding a video, i was trying to catch it on film how it happens, usually it "shakes" way more . Any suggestions ?

EDIT : Video

Edited by Marcony0

Well i have no idea but since before yesterday,my Hero is acting very weird ( PMS? ) the screen doesn't respond they way it supposed to. It didn't fall , didn't get wet .. and no one has access to it. I will be adding a video, i was trying to catch it on film how it happens, usually it "shakes" way more . Any suggestions ?

EDIT : Video

Weird. Watched the video, and I can see the issue. Are you using a custom ROM? If so, I'd try a wipe and re-install. If you're on stock, do you still have your warranty? A factory reset may help.

If you are on custom ROM, you might need to install a stock ROM using RUU and send it in for service.

Not sure. I guess if a wipe and reflash don't fix it, then hardware is likely. But try a wipe/reflash etc.

If you are on custom ROM, which one?

HTH

Guest Marcony0
Weird. Watched the video, and I can see the issue. Are you using a custom ROM? If so, I'd try a wipe and re-install. If you're on stock, do you still have your warranty? A factory reset may help.

If you are on custom ROM, you might need to install a stock ROM using RUU and send it in for service.

Not sure. I guess if a wipe and reflash don't fix it, then hardware is likely. But try a wipe/reflash etc.

If you are on custom ROM, which one?

HTH

I tried wiping and reflashing. using MCR 3.1, no use .. it doesn't happen always,but often. I wont be sending it to service anytime soon, as i live in Lebanon, I'm hoping its humidity that got it somehow. GOnna try letting it dry in the shade in a moderate heat during the day.

Guest hally83

I had the exact same problem. It did this for a few days, stopped for 3 weeks, then did again.

I sent it back to HTC and they replaced the screen and now it's fine.