TG01 - Disable Screen turning on when you get an SMS

Guest Joe Hawkins

Problem with just about all windows touchscreen phones but fixable.

Go to settings and lock option, set the "Prompt if Phone unused for" to a short time. You will then need to set a password/number. With this security active the phone will lock after X mins and notify messages and calls but the screen is locked until your password/number is entered.

When you get an incoming call there will be green and red slider buttons on the screen, slide the green to answer or red to ignore. I didn't understand this the firstfew calls so I thought it worth mentioning.

Guest Joe Hawkins
Problem with just about all windows touchscreen phones but fixable.

Go to settings and lock option, set the "Prompt if Phone unused for" to a short time. You will then need to set a password/number. With this security active the phone will lock after X mins and notify messages and calls but the screen is locked until your password/number is entered.

When you get an incoming call there will be green and red slider buttons on the screen, slide the green to answer or red to ignore. I didn't understand this the firstfew calls so I thought it worth mentioning.

i was hoping there was a way so that i didnt have to put a passcode in, what i have done is disabled slide to unlock but now my phones screen turns on when i get a text.

what i want to happen is my screen to stay turned off until i chose to press the unlock button so that i can check my texts easily without having to slide to unlock each time and without my screen turning on everytime i get a message. thanks

Edited by Joe Hawkins