I have defected to the Droid

Guest tampaboy1984

Guest tampaboy1984

Well I purchased a Motorola Droid for Verizon first thing this morning for 118.88 from my local Super Wal-Mart, and I absolutely love it. Android is kick-ass, but thank you to all who have made the Samsung Omnia usable for me for the last 1 1/2 years!!!! I really appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into this phone. I can't thank any of the mods, or cooks, or hackers (w/e you want to be called) enough for your time and dedication to the omnia. On another note if anyone knows of any good forums for the Motrola Droid and Android please lemme know. Thanx and good-bye Omnia.

Guest carpcmelee

alldroid.org

if you loved modaco, you're gonna love that site (1 hint, overclock + custom roms :().

anyway, wish i could upgrade, but i gotta wait another year :(

at least winmo 6.5 is at least bearable.

Guest rfarrah
alldroid.org

if you loved modaco, you're gonna love that site (1 hint, overclock + custom roms :().

anyway, wish i could upgrade, but i gotta wait another year :(

at least winmo 6.5 is at least bearable.

IMHO, moving to a moto Droid is a DOWNGRADE! :(

But goodbye and good luck. Enjoy your new phone!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neosrt

Yea the android os is really limited in what it can do and the camera on the droid is inferior in features to samsungs camera and all the seetings from iso to panorama shots to camera effects, yes i know you can get apps for that but the omnia has that stuff built in

Guest arirang
Yea the android os is really limited in what it can do and the camera on the droid is inferior in features to samsungs camera and all the seetings from iso to panorama shots to camera effects, yes i know you can get apps for that but the omnia has that stuff built in

that's what makes it really hard to part with my omnia. as an amateur photographer, the omnia's camera is still one of the best. however, it's not the camera features [iSO sensitivity, image stabilizer, etc] but the person behind it that makes a good picture, and i hope/pray the droid will at least allow that because on some phones' cameras, no matter how right you do it, the picture always comes out wrong. ASFAIK, the android 2.01 update has patched the well documented auto-focus issue.

Guest arirang
IMHO, moving to a moto Droid is a DOWNGRADE! <_<

But goodbye and good luck. Enjoy your new phone!

HW-wise i almost agree. the omnia i910 is a phone we will fondly remember when we ALL inevitably move on. as i mentioned in my own topic, if it had capacitative screen, microUSB, and 3.5mm jack [really, just those three], i would've easily stayed put...easily.

Guest nmayer79
HW-wise i almost agree. the omnia i910 is a phone we will fondly remember when we ALL inevitably move on. as i mentioned in my own topic, if it had capacitative screen, microUSB, and 3.5mm jack [really, just those three], i would've easily stayed put...easily.

valid points true, but i think i'll be sticking around for awhile.

Guest jaycarl

still to many the droid can't do that the omnia can. thought that would of changed by now. not sure what my next phone will be but since im so happy with my omnia I really don't care.

WM7 will give new life to WM market. until then LONG LIVE OMNIA!

Guest eclsnowman

As someone who defected I will say that I do truly miss my Omnia. Email on winmo kicks androids a$$ (people will try to fight it, but it's a fact plain and simple). I am forced to use k9 mail and the mail navigation it terrible. I have 6 email accounts checking away and this is where droid doesn't.

Also winmo was finally starting to get some cool apps, resco photo manager, coreplayer (still want this on android), nanogrove, OperaMobile 10 beta3, googlevoice easy sms (xda).

But I will say handheld web browsing has never felt faster than on my droid. It isn't even comparable. Capacitive screen is better hands down do question. Also the droids GPS lock is so fast it's retarded. Droid also has Google Voice with notifications for free sms and visual voicemail. With the Droid there is no more need for IGO Amigo with Google turn by turn navigation (though android does have IGO). And the android music player is nice, I actually use it now that there is a 1/8" jack built in (that samsung adapter was such a pain).

I wouldn't call android and upgrade or a downgrade, more like a side slide. Both have pluses and minuses... but once nice thing is android has a future. Unfortunate I think the Omnia and the HD2 are the last bastions of light from the land of windows mobile. Windows Phone Series 7 will be a different animal. They aren't even including a copy and paste function for gods sake.

Anyway my 2cents. I do miss these forums, android owners are a lot more pompous... and the forums reflect it. Sometimes I feel like I am hanging with iphone fanboys over at droidforums.net. Any criticism to android and the fanboys flame like I just gave thier grandma a facial.