Handsfree calls using headphone jack + internal microphone

Guest DJBenson

Guest DJBenson

One of the features I miss of my Hero that my Nokia N95-8GB had was the ability to plug in a standard pair of headphones (or 3.5mm audio out cable) and use the built in microphone to make hands free calls.

I use the phone a lot in my car whilst driving to and from work to listen to music and would love for it to recognise the standard cable (which it does - indicated by a pair of headphones rather than the headphones/mic icon used to indicate the presence of the hands-free headphones) and be able to automatically answer inbound calls using the internal microphone.

Is there an app for this kind of thing - I'm guessing it is something that is/can be controlled by software?

Guest Carl_Brummy

+2! This works fine with normal headphones...its only the speaker that is diverted to the headphones, the mic still works ok.

• 3 months later...
Guest Edzz83
Anyone able to use iPhone mic+earbuddies headpiece?

I can listen to music, start-stop it but the mic seems to be unusable.

Thanks.

I also have this problem, point to note to the above posters is that the original SONY headphones have a mic built in, and as such its no longer using the INTERNAL MIC its using the one on the heaphone line.

Eg if you plug in headphones that DONT have a mic built into the rail, or if you plug in a cable into your car headunit (like me and this other poster seem to do) then you will find the mic will mute, at least mine does.

You can take a call, but they cannot hear you as the mic is muted.... this is VERY annoying. The only other way to get around it is to use your sony errison headphone cable to plug into the headunit, meaning u have to lug a cable around everywhere, which is also annoying.

Anyone else have a non hardware fix for this?? eg a software hack or something similar??