GoodBye :(

Guest Tazzyez

Guest Tazzyez

Sorry to leave you guys but it was time for upgrade. I want to thank everyone for there help making the Omnia a better phone than it was at stock (100% more). If it wasnt for Waremike32 along with others i think i would have thrown the phone out the window. NuROMS 23518 is the best rom i used during the time i had my Omnia. Thanks for all the help and improvements.Maybe WinMo will make something good enough to bring me back but for now i went MotoDroid. Happy Flashing and Good luck in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Tazzyez
I think he said "motodroid". But why he would downgrade is beyond me. :P

I just stopped back to be nosy and am wandering why the droid would be a downgrade? I love this phone so far,the only thing I'm missing is the hard buttons for call and answer.

Guest kdkinc

THINK INCREDIBLE !!

If your going robot get the newest thing possible the Droid is great but I'm sure the newer styles coming out will be much better..

Good luck

:P :(

Guest eclsnowman
very soon according to Engadget & BGR :P

:( :(

After having the droid for a while now I would say get the incredible when it comes out. Those HTC guys over at XDA always kick out a hell of a lot of work for the HTC stuff. The droid is OK but I will tell you that capacitive touch keyboard are so fast that I never use my physical keyboard anyway (plus the droids physical sucks). Plus you would get full sense OS with optical trackpad and Snapdragon Processor. The Incredible will get rooted for sure and I think it will kick the droids arse. Don't get me wrong the droid is the best phone I have ever owned (except for email before I found k9mail)... but I think the HTC will get everything right that the droid got wrong. Just my 2cents.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest nmayer79
I think he said "motodroid". But why he would downgrade is beyond me. :P

Also curious why it would be a downgrade..... Noticed on your sig that your phone is incredible... how's android treating you??

http://android.modaco.com/category/431/htc...ble-modaco-com/

paul just put it up, not much on there yet but that phone looks sweet!!

Edited by nmayer79

Guest rfarrah
Also curious why it would be a downgrade..... Noticed on your sig that your phone is incredible... how's android treating you??

http://android.modaco.com/category/431/htc...ble-modaco-com/

paul just put it up, not much on there yet but that phone looks sweet!!

At that time I was still using my i910 - and enjoyed being able to update/upgrade it at will. I said "downgrade" because the Moto Droid is such a brick (sorry IMHO). Now the Incredible is just THAT - incredible. It is light, fast, very finger-friendly. Still getting used to the OS change, but I really, really like this phone.

Guest nmayer79
At that time I was still using my i910 - and enjoyed being able to update/upgrade it at will. I said "downgrade" because the Moto Droid is such a brick (sorry IMHO). Now the Incredible is just THAT - incredible. It is light, fast, very finger-friendly. Still getting used to the OS change, but I really, really like this phone.

Thats the only thing i'm hung up on, an os change is a big deal.. that phone i so bad!$$ ogh i think i gonna make the jump. You been to the incredible thread yet??

Edited by nmayer79

Guest jaycarl

The Incredible is much faster and has a great display, other then that what makes it more functional then the Omnia?

Then only time I will upgrade from the Omnia is when a phone comes out with 1ghz processor, at least 512 memory 8mp,-720p camera, at least 8GB internal storage, 4.3" capacitive display (gotta love HD2 for that one), and of course windows mobile 6.5 (android is a baby barely learning to walk). Windows mobile 7 would be nice but by the time it comes out there won't be enough apps to make it useful like 6.5 currently is.

I'm sure Verizon will have something with these specs by xmas. If not, LONG LIVE OMNIA!

Guest rfarrah
The Incredible is much faster and has a great display, other then that what makes it more functional then the Omnia?

Then only time I will upgrade from the Omnia is when a phone comes out with 1ghz processor, at least 512 memory 8mp,-720p camera, at least 8GB internal storage, 4.3" capacitive display (gotta love HD2 for that one), and of course windows mobile 6.5 (android is a baby barely learning to walk). Windows mobile 7 would be nice but by the time it comes out there won't be enough apps to make it useful like 6.5 currently is.

I'm sure Verizon will have something with these specs by xmas. If not, LONG LIVE OMNIA!

The incredible already has most of what you're looking for:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/04/13/...credible-specs/

WP7 looks (so far) to be an iphone clone with little customizeability (is that a word?): no thanks.