Android 2.1 will be released within the next fortnight

Guest robot1000

Guest robot1000

UPDATED 05/05/2010

Just had a response back from Huawei after enquiring about the delayed release

I’m sorry the release plan had some delay.

We had asked the new Rom with R&D. the old plan that should release the Rom 2.1 in the middle ten days of this month.

But due to some functions need be tested again. So the amended release plan is in the middle ten days of May.

Best Regards

Domain Gu

Network Customer Support Engineer

Mobile:

Huawei UK SMC: 08000501515

So if everything's still on track we should receive 2.1 in less then a fortnight

Edited by robot1000

Guest steelgrey75

When they do (if at all) get round to releasing this update, is our rooting process still going to work? What about installing a custom ROM? Installing apps to SD? Will this include the new Dalvik update that is due out soon?

Even if none of the above applies (at least to start with) I am really looking forward to the update!!

Guest robot1000
They've always said 'before May 2010' although I dont know how reliable that poster is!

I laso heard that there were plans to release it by mid march, but I think that was posted by someone on this forum

Guest psionandy

I wouldn't put too much stock in a badly mangled english post, on a forum where even guest members are labelled as 'staff'.

Guest brack
I wouldn't put too much stock in a badly mangled english post, on a forum where even guest members are labelled as 'staff'.

agree, dont see how this post can be definitive.

Guest xarxiusxiii

I swear I saw this ages ago, before I heard rumours it was meant to be released in March, and before we saw photos of 2.1 running on the Pulse...

Guest twrock
Week 11 (week of 8 March) was said by someone on this forum....

And March is also before May :(

I have both heard it from a HuaWei rep on the phone and had a ChungHwa Telecom rep write me this:

"After checking with Huawei customer service (02)3234-8999, the OS upgrades for CHT8000 is not released yet in Taiwan. Please kindly wait until late Mar or April."

The HuaWei rep mentioned the same timeline while talking about ver. 2.x. The email did not mention what the "upgrade" would be, just that there would be one.

YMMV and of course there is always the possibility of delays.

Guest rss2k

T-Mobile Netherlands has stated Android 2.0 at Q1 2010 and Android 2.1 around may. Maybe they are just skipping 2.0 altogether,

since al these videos on the net are showing 2.1.

Guest bindi

I think someone on this forum said that he is one of the "Internal Sources from Tmobile UK" and an update will be coming begining of March. Not sure if it was for 2.0 or 2.1 though.

Guest robot1000
T-Mobile Netherlands has stated Android 2.0 at Q1 2010 and Android 2.1 around may. Maybe they are just skipping 2.0 altogether,

since al these videos on the net are showing 2.1.

Doesn't make sense why they would do that, seeing that the 2.1 was released in January

Guest Hornet69
Week 11 (week of 8 March) was said by someone on this forum....

And March is also before May :(

Hi,

I posted the info. http://android.modaco.com/content-page/301...opment/page/80/

info shows this is still the case but this may still slip as some "issues" were found.... There is also an other update to follow later. I have no info on this update, but i wonder if the pulse will be going to 2.0 then 2.1 later? Seems a fair guess from what info we are getting?

H

Guest speedme

Hornet69,

Weil you please keep us updated as soon as you hear or read anything on the T-Mobile intranet ?

Maybe T-Mobile already received the 2.0 source from Huawei and started to work on that.

We may find this one to be released soon than.

And then some later it will be updated to 2.1 :(

I hope so, at least it shows that there's still service for this mobile as T-Mobile NL has taken the Pulse from their website.

Many current owners are afraid that T-Mobile NL has stopped supporting this device :(

Guest Phantom20
I hope so, at least it shows that there's still service for this mobile as T-Mobile NL has taken the Pulse from their website.

Many current owners are afraid that T-Mobile NL has stopped supporting this device :(

T-mobile Uk also took the Pulse off for a while, it has now returned (for how long is anyone's guess)

It's just a case of waiting for it to become official regarding the 2.* update for the Pulse.

soon we hope

Edited by Phantom20

Guest speedme
Hi,

I posted the info. http://android.modaco.com/content-page/301...opment/page/80/

info shows this is still the case but this may still slip as some "issues" were found.... There is also an other update to follow later. I have no info on this update, but i wonder if the pulse will be going to 2.0 then 2.1 later? Seems a fair guess from what info we are getting?

H

Hi Hornet69,

Have you heared or read something new about the upcoming release ?

Guest speedme
i'm talking to a guy from indonesia on androidforums.com and he says that a sales rep told him that as soon as he gets his hands on his u8230 (in a few days) he will be able to upgrade to 2.1, which should mean that the os is now ready to be released.

the post are in this topic:

http://androidforums.com/t-mobile-pulse/38...-2-x-april.html

That's great news !!

Hopefully he receives it soon, so we can all enjoy it <_<

Guest bas-r
i'm talking to a guy from indonesia on androidforums.com and he says that a sales rep told him that as soon as he gets his hands on his u8230 (in a few days) he will be able to upgrade to 2.1, which should mean that the os is now ready to be released.

the post are in this topic:

http://androidforums.com/t-mobile-pulse/38...-2-x-april.html

This is a very vague post. I guess he can upgrade to 2.1 for free, whenever it's ready. Not in a few days. These salespeople say a lot to get their stuff sold.

Just be patient. The phone runs fine now as well, so 2.1 is no necessity.

Guest brack

Just a thought - could it happen that these rumors about upgrade to version 2.1 are designed to stop development of third party roms for this device, or at least to slow them down. Well, "rumors" is not so correct word, but the timing information could be wrong. I'm sure there will be upgrade to 2.1 or other version, but timing...?