Android 2.1 will be released within the next fortnight

Guest robot1000

Guest jmmL
... As far as I can see the '2.1 announcement' post has been removed from the Huawei forums...

Second that. It got removed after someone again asked for an update as to when it would happen.

Don't know if you can really read anything into its removal.

Guest Samlock
Second that. It got removed after someone again asked for an update as to when it would happen.

Don't know if you can really read anything into its removal.

I'd imagine they're probably pretty pissed that it seems someone has the 2.1 release for the U8220...

Guest DanWilson
I'd imagine they're probably pretty pissed that it seems someone has the 2.1 release for the U8220...

I imagine that they don't even know we have it...

Guest Ecnomar

Post was visible earlier, was another question like 'when does the 2.1 update come'... Badly moderated perhaps? (lolz)

But, to be honest, I think the 2.1 update has been withdrawn by Huawei.

Edited by Ecnomar

Guest bas-r
Post was visible earlier, was another question like 'when does the 2.1 update come'... Badly moderated perhaps? (lolz)

But, to be honest, I think the 2.1 update has been withdrawn by Huawei.

Why would you think that? It's in BigBears hands??

I posted a new thread on their forum, but I can't reach that one either...

The thread is named " Any new information about Android 2.1 for Huawei U8220?"

I wonder if they must check every new entry before it's made public?

Guest zerosignull
I posted a new thread on their forum, but I can't reach that one either...

The thread is named " Any new information about Android 2.1 for Huawei U8220?"

I wonder if they must check every new entry before it's made public?

a reply on that thread reads:

Re: Android 2.1 for Huawei U8220 (T-mobile pulse)

Posted: 2010-05-10 21:54

Click to reply to this thread Reply

I'm getting a bit curious about this, since the official Huawei announcement about the 2.1 update has been removed...

Guest Jan M

there's a new post by HyvelTjuven...let's see how fast it gets dropped:

Any new information about Android 2.1 for Huawei U8220?

Many people wants to know when the 2.1 update is coming out and Huawei ain't really giving out enough information about it...

Why did you remove the first thread about this subject, and why can't anyone reach the new one?

It would be nice if you could be clear on this, are you going to release the update in time or are you going to delay it even further?

Customers are getting impatient, and that is not giving you a good reputation Huawei...

edit: link

post-615012-1273566893_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jan M

Guest Speckles

The 2.1 update *is* available to download. I've got it (but seemingly early release version judging from the stability). It may or may not (and probably isn't) the same one as Bigbear has.

Of course, I can't publish a link to it, as it's by no means official, and I don't want my account killed or a C&D order coming through the post.

But it is out there.

(Yes, this is for the big Pulse, not the Mini)

I do worry however that Huawei have abandoned work on this version and concentrating there efforts on other phones now (such as the mini). It may be easier to sell these pulses and buy another make of Android phone.

The 2.1 update *is* available to download. I've got it (but seemingly early release version judging from the stability). It may or may not (and probably isn't) the same one as Bigbear has.

Of course, I can't publish a link to it, as it's by no means official, and I don't want my account killed or a C&D order coming through the post.

But it is out there.

I do worry however that Huawei have abandoned work on this version and concentrating there efforts on other phones now (such as the mini). It may be easier to sell these pulses and buy another make of Android phone.

So do you have any information about when it's officially released?

Guest le_lutin

But it is out there.

Is it out there on a public site?

Guest Stevos

Since they are still selling this phone, and it's so similar to the pulse mini, it seems like a no-brainer to update the pulse to 2.1.

Supporting different OS versions and codebases on different handsets unecessarily seems like a crazy idea.

The only reason I can think of that they might abandon it is if they find that it just doesn't have enough memory to run sensibly (after all, they can't really ship an official version rooted with apps2sd to free up space)

Unless they decide to discontinue it in favour of a new model...

Guest Speckles
So do you have any information about when it's officially released?
No, as I don't work for Huawei or any telecoms carrier.

I wasn't given this, I found it.

Guest Ecnomar

Is it available on the internet, or did you got it of an intranet?

Guest bas-r

So you can make us 'find' it, right?

Guest rjm2k

I thought I'd try contacting someone high up in tmobile uk, here's the (fast) response... Obviously no dates given but seems positive still...

Me

Hi, are there any plans to release an upgrade to Android 2.1 for the t-mobile pulse? This great phone was only released last September and is already out of date, nobody seems to know what's happening with continued support for it.

Tmobile

This is indeed planned. The software is currently in test and we should have available on our website in the coming weeks.

Guest McSpoon

Speckles, are you referring to the "U8110 on the U8220" ROM from this post? If so, that was totally different and just hacked together to explore the U8110 Eclair interface on the Pulse.

BigBear has the real Pulse Android 2.1 update.

Edited by McSpoon

Guest bas-r
This is indeed planned. The software is currently in test and we should have available on our website in the coming weeks.

Getting reallllyy excited!!

So if someone knows some techy at T-Mobile, maybe the joy could be spread?

Guest Speckles
Is it available on the internet, or did you got it of an intranet?
Internet. If It was on someones Intranet I wouldn't be able to access it would I? Like I said earlier, I don't work for T-Mobile, huawei, or anyone else like that. My day job is a software engineer, but not for anything mobile phone related. It's more automotive.

Speckles, are you referring to the "U8110 on the U8220" ROM from
No, If I was trying to use that, I would just give a link (or not, as that ROM is pretty useless as we all know).

However, like I say, BB seems to have the real deal, what I have seem to be an earlier version as it's not too stable.

Edited by Speckles