Android 2.1 will be released within the next fortnight

Guest robot1000

Guest deadphill

Well from the date of the topic creation and the date today, its two weeks. So theoretically Huawei should release the update today!!

I wont be holding my breath!!!!! :) ;)

Cheers

Phill

Guest hungary
Well from the date of the topic creation and the date today, its two weeks. So theoretically Huawei should release the update today!!

I wont be holding my breath!!!!! :) ;)

Cheers

Phill

I think, Huawei never release the 2.1 rom for U8220/U8230. They made the Beta version, and saw its very unstable, slow ... :D

Guest goce.nakov
I think, Huawei never release the 2.1 rom for U8220/U8230. They made the Beta version, and saw its very unstable, slow ... :)

Don't think so that is the case....we managed in this community to make 2.1 stable and running (I use vanilla 2.1 build) only vibration left to get it to work

Guest hungary
Don't think so that is the case....we managed in this community to make 2.1 stable and running (I use vanilla 2.1 build) only vibration left to get it to work

I know, just talking about the offical rom. Our 2.1 leaked rom is slow, because drivers optimised for U8110. If we got the U8220 optimised one ........ :)

Guest biron_w
I know, just talking about the offical rom. Our 2.1 leaked rom is slow, because drivers optimised for U8110. If we got the U8220 optimised one ........ :)

The rom was are using is the u8220 2.1 beta.

I really don't think we'll get the official 2.1 rom this month....

Guest hungary

Yeah its the U8220 rom, but ported by Huawei from the U8110 !!!!

Guest Jan M

I seriously doubt that...it runs pretty fast on my U8220...just reboots often.

Guest BigBearMDC

Nope, it's the original U8220 ROM.

Every 2.1 ROM you can downlaod now is based on the U8220 Eclair release from Huawei, not on the U8110 release.

And believe me, if you install the original update the Pulse is a bit faster than with the dec update.

It's also very stable, and everything is working like it should.

I haven't got one acore FC yet.

Best regards,

BigBear

Guest hungary
Nope, it's the original U8220 ROM.

Every 2.1 ROM you can downlaod now is based on the U8220 Eclair release from Huawei, not on the U8110 release.

And believe me, if you install the original update the Pulse is a bit faster than with the dec update.

It's also very stable, and everything is working like it should.

I haven't got one acore FC yet.

Best regards,

BigBear

Ok, thats right, but something mispartitioned in the rom. If you start using the browser, multiple canvas with some icons, the rom runs out of memory, and give FC :)

Guest BigBearMDC
Ok, thats right, but something mispartitioned in the rom. If you start using the browser, multiple canvas with some icons, the rom runs out of memory, and give FC :)

I haven't noticed that yet (with the original update applied; not the 2.1 cutom ROM).

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest robertopero

Yeah, unfortunately I think it too. We wait the update too long to I be optimistic

Guest hungary
I haven't noticed that yet (with the original update applied; not the 2.1 cutom ROM).

I talking about your rom (and Paul). If i remove the original apps like canvas, musicplayer, and more and replace it with 3rd party apps, no more FC.

Guest le_lutin

What leads you to that conclusion?

Guest jmmL

Is it possible to get a rough idea of what you changed between the original update and the custom roms that Paul and yourself made?

For example, are the build.props identical or did you change "U8220" to "Pulse" etc?

Guest BigBearMDC
Is it possible to get a rough idea of what you changed between the original update and the custom roms that Paul and yourself made?

For example, are the build.props identical or did you change "U8220" to "Pulse" etc?

I changed the build.prop.

Also, the 2.1 r6.1 ROM is rooted etc, and the original UPDATA reflashes some hardware.

That's all.

Guest Rizzly
I changed the build.prop.

Also, the 2.1 r6.1 ROM is rooted etc, and the original UPDATA reflashes some hardware.

That's all.

Oh, btw, can you tell me if your phone goes directly into landscape-mode if you put it on a table? If it doesn't it might be that they've reflashed the software for the g-sensors as well. Because I'm noticing the g-sensors are much more sensitive now, perhaps because they're supposed to go with that said flash?

I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this though, but I would guess that this goes for anyone else who is using the new 2.1 rom? To be honest it's a bit annoying to not be able to have the phone in portrait-mode when it's lying on a table, it would be especially usefull now that the touchscreen is working better.

Guest MarcusHenrique
Oh, btw, can you tell me if your phone goes directly into landscape-mode if you put it on a table? If it doesn't it might be that they've reflashed the software for the g-sensors as well. Because I'm noticing the g-sensors are much more sensitive now, perhaps because they're supposed to go with that said flash?

I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this though, but I would guess that this goes for anyone else who is using the new 2.1 rom? To be honest it's a bit annoying to not be able to have the phone in portrait-mode when it's lying on a table, it would be especially usefull now that the touchscreen is working better.

Mine stays in portrait while laid on o.O

Guest BigBearMDC

Nope.

It only switches to landscape mode if the angle is bigger than 40°.

If I lay it then back onto the table, it stays in landscape mode :)

Guest MarcusHenrique
What the heck :) . That makes it all even weirder since we both use U8220-6...

Indeed.. Try laying it down without turning it sideways.

Mine stays in whatever mode it was before laying it. Portrait or Landscape.

Guest Rizzly
Indeed.. Try laying it down without turning it sideways.

Mine stays in whatever mode it was before laying it. Portrait or Landscape.

Hmm, well I've tried to put it as straight down as possible. I'll go get a spirit-level to see if my floor is perhaps tilting a bit ;)

Edit: Well it seems it doesn't matter at wich angle I put it down, I tried to put it down with something under the left side of the phone. The left edge of the phone is now about 1 cm higher up than the right side. Still though while laying it down, it goes into landscap-mode :)

Edit 2: Haven't given much thought to this before, since it thought it was a bug that everyone had with 2.1. But it seems it only does this if I don't hold it in my hand, if I hold my hand so that the phone is on it's back pretty straight, it doesn't change into landscape-mode.

Edited by Rizzly

Guest biron_w
What leads you to that conclusion?

Because we haven't heard anything about it from t-mobile or huwaei. If it was near completion i'm sure they'd give a timescale or rough guess as to when it's getting released.

Guest Simon O
Because we haven't heard anything about it from t-mobile or huwaei. If it was near completion i'm sure they'd give a timescale or rough guess as to when it's getting released.

They are doing the right thing. If either T-Mobile or Huawei gave a date, timescale or rough guess and they missed this, we would all complain. Giving no information means they can work on the rom without having to rush it. Of course this assumes that they are working on the rom..

Guest le_lutin

I wouldn't go on that assumption. My guess is they will release a ROM without giving any prior timescale.

Guest BigBearMDC

Hi guys, look at this:

Dear All ,

I am sorry for the delayed informations of Android 2.1(Eclair), within few days some new models like U8100,U8110 ,U8500&C8600 will launch in market with ROM 512M ,RAM 256M & Android 2.1 OS.

The reason for U8220& U8230 Android 2.1 coming late & late,the key difficulty is the small RAM (192M) of old U82XX,The currently Eclair`performance runing in U8230/U8220 is bad ,the defect includings outgoing&incoming display shows low,new SMS display shows low & big size website sometimes could not be opened etc.So we need more time to observe& improve it ,we could not offer fixed time when we will ralease the Eclair for U82XX.

link.

Edited by BigBearMDC