Problems Installing MoDaCo [3/3/2010]

Guest paraDigmX

Guest paraDigmX

Alright, so i have been able to use flashrec to install the 1.5.2.img for the CDMA version of the HTC hero. That went over just fine.

Ive now used the 'custom rom kitchen' to make my own version of this ROM. After updating through the hboot screen, and applying the .zip as an update, and then restarting the phone, it hangs at the second 'HTC screen'

Heres what ive noticed. On a successful boot there should be boot sounds (yes i know that it comes default removed from the package, but i selected the option for the boot sounds), and then the keys should light up, and then the load should commence as normal. After installing the ROM, it gets stuck at the second boot screen with no boot sounds, and the keys never light up.

Ive been trying this all day with no good results. I keep having to restore the backup i made with nandriod.

Any help with this issue would be MUCH appreciated.

Im going to try and download the core that exists (un-custom-cooked), and see if that successfully patches as an update and allows me to enjoy these new so-called freedoms

Guest Dr. dre
Alright, so i have been able to use flashrec to install the 1.5.2.img for the CDMA version of the HTC hero. That went over just fine.

Ive now used the 'custom rom kitchen' to make my own version of this ROM. After updating through the hboot screen, and applying the .zip as an update, and then restarting the phone, it hangs at the second 'HTC screen'

Heres what ive noticed. On a successful boot there should be boot sounds (yes i know that it comes default removed from the package, but i selected the option for the boot sounds), and then the keys should light up, and then the load should commence as normal. After installing the ROM, it gets stuck at the second boot screen with no boot sounds, and the keys never light up.

Ive been trying this all day with no good results. I keep having to restore the backup i made with nandriod.

Any help with this issue would be MUCH appreciated.

Im going to try and download the core that exists (un-custom-cooked), and see if that successfully patches as an update and allows me to enjoy these new so-called freedoms

Try flashing a Modaco custom ROM 3.1 the uncooked one see the result it can be a problem with the cooked ROM.

Guest paraDigmX

cant use a 3.1 that ive found... there isnt a CDMA release?

Atleast, not stickied.

Just tried the 2.2 'stock' and it finally booted up.

Is there a problem with the 'cooked' ROMs on CDMA?

Guest descenpet

3.1 is for GSM hero. 2.2 is latest CDMA hero MCR.

there seems to be some problems with kitchen rom lately, not sure if paul fixed them yet.

Guest paraDigmX

Im not sure if this is related, but the boot sounds download link says its for version 1.1. Not sure if this creates a problem

Im going to try and 'cook' another ROM with the sound feature disabled, and of course then try and install it. I'll keep you posted.

Edited by paraDigmX