Custom Samsung B7610 WM6.5.5 build 23542 English and German

Guest fchfan

Guest fchfan

Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 WM6.5.5 build 23542,based on IL2 English and German

Specification:

XIP:23541

ROM format:NBO file

Free RAM: 74MB

Free storage:188MB

Removed apps:Community, Connected Home, Goolge Map, Podcast, Smart Search,Smart reader,Smart Converter,Video Editor

Smart Memo, myphone, Msn weather, Msn money, IPSECVPN,Skybox,SampleMusic,AutoUpdate, Streaming

Player,LiveSearch some Widgets und......

Bugs in samsung dialer.

Tips:Go to "\HKLM\SYSTEM\GWE\" "cxVScr" value from 15 to 0

case someone Issues with the keyboard

Tips: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501122

Screenshots:

post-596963-1267694167_thumb.png post-596963-1267693361_thumb.png post-596963-1267694123_thumb.png post-596963-1267694130_thumb.png

post-596963-1267694142_thumb.png post-596963-1267694150_thumb.png post-596963-1267694159_thumb.png

DOWNLOAD ENGLISH VERSION ONLY

http://www.mediafire.com/?dh15jddqqmu

MIRROR: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HZ9G69R0

DOWNLOAD GERMAN VERSION ONLY

http://www.mediafire.com/?zongzdutfg0

Thanks an

secany, wes58, sorg and Pako777

Cheers

Edited by fchfan

Guest da_mafkeez

ah nice, a new custum rom. looks very nice! thank you!

but why didn't you remove the skinned sms application of samsung? its very crap actually :(

Guest laurenze88

What are the big difference between 6.5.3 and 6.5.5?

only: Office Mobile 2010 and threaded emails view? (<- wikipedia)

Thank you will try this one (english) today

Guest laurenze88
dunno why it says the file is corrupted upon extraction. Can somebody look into that?

Maybe the files are uploading? I tried also it is also, will try it about 30 minutes again!

Edited by laurenze88

Guest RainerRabe2

thanks!

quick tournaround time! :(

does the activesync USB connection work in this rom?

anyone tested already, the last German one (6.5.3) did not work for me, unfortunately..

txs

Guest Crossfire89

Hello, can some body put a picture of the screen when the phone is in camera(taking picutures)?

In my actualy ROM (6.5 original) the quality of the image in the camera is very bad (but in computer is good, so the problem is in ROM, in the 6.1 the quality was good)!

Guest fchfan
thanks!

quick tournaround time! :(

does the activesync USB connection work in this rom?

anyone tested already, the last German one (6.5.3) did not work for me, unfortunately..

txs

Goes with me

Guest RainerRabe2

still does not work for me.

what .SCS file are you using, maybe that is the problem

can you post?

(I use the German Rom version from this thread)

Guest sandeeppathak007
still does not work for me.

what .SCS file are you using, maybe that is the problem

can you post?

(I use the German Rom version from this thread)

The english version is not working

getting error File curropted

plz look into it.

Too bad you've left the SMS software from Samsung. Otherwise, bravo for the first ROM WM6.5.5 I see. Sorry for English, I use google translation

Guest RainerRabe2
German CSC B7610NDBTIL4

great fchfan, thank you. I applied your CSC, which seems to work fine, but still no luck with your PDA file. Maybe there are multiple revisions of the phone, and mine is not compatiple with your ROMS, always the same (also with previous version):

1. instable even after soft reset

2. when you plug USB first time, it goes completely crazy: apps start to fail, no access to settings any longer, etc...

went back to the V2 6.5.3 US rom.

for sure next time, I will try your ROM again.. :(

txs!

Guest matdahero

fchfan thanks! Finally get to download with non-corrupted nB0. file. Looks promising so far as I am setting my device all over again.... I used the K4 CSC and it works well. I will report back if there's any further issue. Btw, the additional keypad is ridiculous, is it even for WVGA screen? I might need a magnifying glass for that... lucky I use my own handwriting locale keyboard from Samsung HK. :(

Guest ttrevelian

I am downloading now. Threaded email sounds great. Can someone list all changes from 6.5.3 to 6.5.5 present in this rom, thanks

Guest ttrevelian

Downloaded from mediafire and file is broken, I am downloading from megaupload to see if it is working. Please correct mediafire link

thanks for the rom fchfan!

EDIT:

The file in Megaupload is working fine, flashing now

Edited by ttrevelian

Guest matdahero

anybody knows how to disable the samsung skinned sms and use the threaded MS sms? I liked the MS threaded sms a lot cuz it's a lot faster and can do name prediction unlike the samsung one... I used to have that when I was using 6.5.3... I followed the guide from another thread but I am unable to totally get rid of the Samsung skinned sms app, it always bring me back to the samsung one whenever I "view" or "compose" a new sms.

Edit: Problem solved... The registry wasn't recognizing the change due to the fact that the tmail.exe was running in background... (forgotten that pressing the stupid "x" no longer quits the program after 6.5.3..) Anyway back with Threaded MS sms and it's a lot better! A side note is that I found the Samsung skinned sms is quite buggy, at least to what I have seen so far. You are not able to see the time and date of the sms received as they are overlapping with each others; also the number of the sender is messed up with some random codings so you are not able to save it if it's from somebody who is not on ur contact list. Can somebody verify?

Edited by matdahero

Guest bcmiko
great fchfan, thank you. I applied your CSC, which seems to work fine, but still no luck with your PDA file. Maybe there are multiple revisions of the phone, and mine is not compatiple with your ROMS, always the same (also with previous version):

1. instable even after soft reset

2. when you plug USB first time, it goes completely crazy: apps start to fail, no access to settings any longer, etc...

went back to the V2 6.5.3 US rom.

for sure next time, I will try your ROM again.. <_<

txs!

Same with me, same with me. Everything went great untill I tried to use activesync via usb cable. Same symptoms, unusable :mellow:

Anyway thanks for the effort to make a rom. Good using everyone without problems.

Guest ttrevelian

I also had the same problem, as soon as The phone was connected to the pc it froze. I went back to 6.5.3 but I am looking forward to Threaded email and flags on emails to (really cool view with a preview of the message)