[ROM] [Android 2.1] Raidroid 1.1, Eris 2.1 Port EVEN FASTER!

Guest RaiderX303

trying this as my first ROM after goldcard escapades this afternoon. it's rebooting now so quite excited & has just picked up Orange as my carrier & will report back.

this place is great. <_<

Guest Naruc

Help!!

nice working fast and smooth, I only have one major problam that wil result in my married ending if it is not fixed... >.< The alarmclock goes off smooth and I have no problem waking up from it, the problem is that noone else in the bedrom an eventualy the house has that problem either since it does not give me any snooze dismiss window, only way to shut it off is to turn off the phone...

Anyone else experience this?

any solutions?

After using the rom for a few hours I have indeed detected several isssues:

- Massive battery drain.; my battery went from 75% to 10% in just a few hours. Normally I can go a whole day on this charge level.

This was the main reason I dropped the Lox and AOSP 2.1 ROMs both were gave terrible battery life. I hope this is not a 'feature' of 2.1!! I can get 2 days easy out of MCR 3.0.

Guest RaiderX303

im releasing an update tomorrow which fixes the bad battery life and also fixes teeter.

the alarm issue is a new one to me, have you removed the htc lockscreen?

Edited by RaiderX303

Guest jonathanmusto

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the phone to automatically go into the desktop preview view when it locks? Then when you slide the bar down you are greeted by your 7 screen preview... would be nice!

Guest jucapo
im releasing an update tomorrow which fixes the bad battery life and also fixes teeter.

the alarm issue is a new one to me, have you removed the htc lockscreen?

If both are fixed, this will definitely my Keep-ROM.

Thank you and... how far are you with the update?

Guest Mike Beecham

Can anyone tell me something...I was playing with another 2.1 rom on my Hero, and one of the big annoyances for me was that every notification of any sort made the trackball flicker on and off very fast.

As part of Paul's roms, the trackball would only fade in and fade out when either an sms or alarm signalled. This is great. I dont want the trackball madly flickering at every flippin notification.

Is this a normal function of 2.1, or was it a bad rom?

Guest ermacwins
Can anyone tell me something...I was playing with another 2.1 rom on my Hero, and one of the big annoyances for me was that every notification of any sort made the trackball flicker on and off very fast.

As part of Paul's roms, the trackball would only fade in and fade out when either an sms or alarm signalled. This is great. I dont want the trackball madly flickering at every flippin notification.

Is this a normal function of 2.1, or was it a bad rom?

man i hate the trackball flashing like mad

Guest Shydo

Just awesome man, i went straight to this one and loved it, first time using a custom ROM and i get this one, everything working so far, testing stuff like crazy on this one <_<

Question: Is there a way to setup proxy configuration for Wi-Fi Networks in this ROM? Or no android ROM supports this?

Edited by Shydo

Guest spence91

One thing i noticed about the 2.1 software is that there is no longer the option to share your internet connection via the USB cable (tethering, basically)

Is there still a way to do this? Or is it something that cannot be done anymore?

Guest RaiderX303
One thing i noticed about the 2.1 software is that there is no longer the option to share your internet connection via the USB cable (tethering, basically)

Is there still a way to do this? Or is it something that cannot be done anymore?

theres not the option in the new 2.1 roms but as it was part of the 1.5 roms i suspect it will be in the final release.

1.1 update is now in OP, it is nowipe

Guest jucapo
Couldn't even get past the "Quietly Brillaint' logo at boot <_<

No problems here with boot. Its doing fine.

Have to check some things out, but on first view its runnin' very nice and smoothly.

Guest Naruc

Greate rom I used it for a while.. but... I have a problem, and its not the alarm or so,... I lived with that... got realy fast of disasembly the phone to get tha battery out <_<

The thing thats buging me is that in the new excahnge sync guess its rebuild from 1.5 rom's the Security polecies from my Work gets to put a certificate that forces me to put a pin code that I have to enter everytime I am to use my phone after its been locked... thats insane anoying and I didnt have to do that in cupcake none of them...

Anyone have a smart solution on how to buypass my jobs idiotic security policy.. no I asked them they wont turn it off... is there somthing I can delete (RM) to remove it again?

Help please, this thing actulay makes me less happy about HERO going to 2.1 in a little while...

Guest Opteka

Hey RaiderX303

Great work so far, however, with v1.1 I too am unable to get past the "Quietly Brilliant" screen. Have left it for a good 20mins on several occasions. Have tried the following:

Clean wipe & davlik cache wipe

Flash with v1.1

Doesn't get past "Quietly Brilliant" boot screen

Flash with v1.0b (Which worked)

No Wipe flash of v1.1

Modaco 3.2 Flash

No Wipe flash of v1.1

A resolution would be awesome as I want to try this ROM as it looks damn fine!

Edited by Opteka

Great looking fast ROM.

However, Exchange does not work. At least, if you do a manual setup. Keeps saying FAILED TO CONNECT TO THE EXCHANGE SERVER, please check your settings. The settings are correct, I am sure. Also, the speed with which the error message is returned indicates the phone is not really "trying" to connect to the exchange server.

As i need the exchange server, i will go back to 1.5 for now. *sigh*

Guest VictorBR

Hey Raider

This is really a great ROM... the best 2.1 ROM so far, to me. Just one silly thing I noticed: the "automatically update" setting on the weather app doesn't seem to remain on. Every time I set it on, when I open the settings again it's turned off and, of course, it's not automatically updating.

Good to know that 2.1 is coming out this nice.

Cheers for your work.

Guest shokka9

Excellent ROM RaiderX303, i really like it, so much so, i made a theme for it. Its at xda (HERE)

Here is a few screen shots :mellow:

shkverisall.png

Try it, you might like too!

Shokka9

<_<

Guest subhramani

Is this ROM better than the BeHero 1.3.x?

Not sure what the difference and stuff are, so if someone could tell me it it would be grrreat!

Guest FenriZ

Installed this ROM yesterday, too. After doing backups with WaveSecure (SMS), Titanium Backup (apps + data) and finally a Nandroid Backup, everything went smoothly. <_< Reinstalled all apps and settings using Titanium and SMS via WaveSecure. Now the Hero is in the same state it was on 1.5 with Paul's ROM. :mellow:

Apps2SD didnt work for me at first, as I had ext4, but after reformatting the partition to ext3 it started working again. :(

Experienced some force closes though, but I am willing to take these for a nice and fast 2.1 with Sense :D Good work!