XXJB3 - new ROM, semi-official

Guest Rdy2Go

Guest Imad MWK
Same issue of JB1 with Samsung Phonebook app. - jf you use to sync the phone with Activesync and you set speed dials, the Phonebook crashes 99% of the times you open the application. If you don't use it with Outlook, seems there are no problems. I'm going back to JA5 again.. <_<

thanks for the info

staying on JA5

Guest Namar

As requested by some users - new thread is created for this ROM that does not come from Secany but from radek65 from pdaclub.pl

All the credits go to him, I'm just a messenger <_<

Original thread is here: http://pdaclub.pl/forum/omnia-lite-omnia-2...ro/i8000_xxjb3/

I flashed this ROM myself and it's working well for me.

Thanks Rdy2Go for sharing and for your understanding. Downloading now. This understanding and ability to share make the Omnia II forum great. And to Radek65 of pdaclub.pl Thanks you!

Guest xaznxplaya
I know what can make a difference:

* disabled Samsung Dialer Skin (no video calls, I don't care) (~10 MB)

* removed linkmgr.exe from startup (Main Menu - I don't use it anyway)

* captured picture BEFORE windows lock appeared (it takes ~10 MB of RAM and never returns to the previous amount of free RAM!!!)

Try these simple steps and check again <_<

How do you remove linkmgr.exe? The samsung Diale skin can be remplaced by Spam alert I guess also right

Guest CF Chong
How do you remove linkmgr.exe? The samsung Diale skin can be remplaced by Spam alert I guess also right

LinkMgr.exe is in \Windows\StartUp folder. You can either delete it or move it to another folder.

Please close LinkMgr.exe (Main Menu) first if it is running, otherwise, the system will tell you that the file is in use.

Guest nicoscy

* captured picture BEFORE windows lock appeared (it takes ~10 MB of RAM and never returns to the previous amount of free RAM!!!)

can somebody please explain this?

Guest Rdy2Go

can somebody please explain this?

Lock screen (windows mobile default) consumes 10 MB OF RAM!!!

After unlocking the amount of free RAM remains decreased!

For instance, 90 MB fresh after boot, 80 MB locked, 80 MB unlocked

Guest Rdy2Go
Yes, same issue with 6.5.3 and 6.5.5. I suspect, that other screens (like calling) "eat" RAM also.

Even Clear RAM does not help a lot, regular soft resets are the only way <_<

Guest monsterfly

Threaded view sms function is not working properly for me.

First there are all outgoing messages and below them are all recieved ones. So you can't see the conversation.

Edited by monsterfly

Guest skoda60
the new rom is Windows mobile 6.5.0 or is using 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 later versions??

Is WM 6.5. I tried before on WM6.5.3 and WM6.5.3, I found certain software not compatible.

My BT Mac address was normal as shown in picture.

post-433401-1267979662_thumb.png