Does Drocap2 work on any Liquid ROMs?

Guest linuxluver

Guest linuxluver

If anyone doesn't know, Drocap2 is a screen capture app for root users. I have been using it a lot on my HTC Magic.

But when i try to use it on my Liquid (2.000.16 EMEA GEN1) is asks for root access, I approve, then it will try to take the capture and a message appears "Failed to execute Drocap2"

Anyone else have this app working?

Thanks

Guest amdnikos
If anyone doesn't know, Drocap2 is a screen capture app for root users. I have been using it a lot on my HTC Magic.

But when i try to use it on my Liquid (2.000.16 EMEA GEN1) is asks for root access, I approve, then it will try to take the capture and a message appears "Failed to execute Drocap2"

Anyone else have this app working?

Thanks

me,i use eclair rom and it works like a charm.

Guest linuxluver
me,i use eclair rom and it works like a charm.

Thanks. I install LiquidE and flashed LCR v1.1.1...and then could not see Drocap2 in the Market. I changed the build.prop to allow me to see more apps, but the ONLY app I couldn't see was drocap2!

Frustrating.

I'll try again another day. For now I have gone back to rooted stock 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1. Very stable. Full function.....except for Drocap2, which I can see in the market again, but it doesn't work. . :-)

Guest malez
Thanks. I install LiquidE and flashed LCR v1.1.1...and then could not see Drocap2 in the Market. I changed the build.prop to allow me to see more apps, but the ONLY app I couldn't see was drocap2!

Frustrating.

I'll try again another day. For now I have gone back to rooted stock 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1. Very stable. Full function.....except for Drocap2, which I can see in the market again, but it doesn't work. . :-)

Dropcap DOES work on LCR and is accessible via market.

It is not just well referenced in the market. Searching "dropcap" will not display it and searching "capture" will display it. Easy <_<

Guest linuxluver
Here is a capture I have made with dropcat under LCR

cap201003081203.th.png

Thanks. I tried it under LCR and it works fine.

But LCR v1.1.1 itself doesn't work fine. After 24 hours I began to lose my wifi. It was about the same time my Liquid gave me a "Low Memory" notifcation - only 18MB left for apps. Things became 'strange" after that. Looking the apps list, it thought Better Terminal Emulator had 85MB (it's normally 337kb). Handcent SMS said it was out of txt message space - with only 4 txt msgs.

At the same time, the networking was falling apart. At first it was only Wifi channels 13 and 14 that didn't work, then all channels....and then after 48 hours I lost mobile network - 2G, 3G - and in the morning after that "Menu -> Settings -> Wireless Settings" won't respond and FC's. No wifi. No bluetooth, No mobile network. Shutting the phone down and re-booting made no difference. All mobile data of any kind was dead and unresponsive. It seemed like it had something to do with corruption that occurred when the phone acted in recognising the low-memory condition.

So I've had to go back to 2.00.16 EMEA GEN1. Everything works fine again. I can use DDMS for screen caps....It's just not as mobile.

Edited by linuxluver