Storm ROMS [CF03] - TouchFlo Detach - 12MB Pagepool

Guest Rob Storm

Guest doubleroll
Here's some more, with the weather updated at night. It's an awsome sight. New message indicator, and also some of the default keyboard, and threaded messages.

Shot11.JPGShot12.JPGShot13.JPG

Can I install this keyboard on 23518? Anyone have the cab for it? TIA!

Guest Rob Storm
Holy Crap, Rob!

You really made it that easy to fix? I feel like such a stupid noob. However; I am playing catch up to the rest of you experts here. Now, this is THE best rom I've tested/used thus far.

Now, if I install Google Maps 4.0, will I F--- everything up, including the auto location updating weather?

Don't feel like a noob. It's actually my fault for not removing the Optical Mouse icon in the first place. As far as Google 4.0, I really don't have the answer. I have heard that anything past 3.2xx has issues with location but it may or may not be true.

Worst case, hard reset. <_<

Guest thedeathofme
Don't feel like a noob. It's actually my fault for not removing the Optical Mouse icon in the first place. As far as Google 4.0, I really don't have the answer. I have heard that anything past 3.2xx has issues with location but it may or may not be true.

Worst case, hard reset. <_<

I'm running Google Maps 4.0 and I have no issues so far...

Hey Rob any idea on the issue I posted a page back about not being able to assign the last 6 shortcut slots on the programs page of M2D?

Guest repilce

Got my i910 last monday, waiting on the damned data cable for it. It came with CF03 on it so i got the V2 **223 dl'd just waiting to try <_<

I run win7 x64, I can just use Windows Mobile Device Center to backup all my info before i flash right?

Guest rpmm70
Got my i910 last monday, waiting on the damned data cable for it. It came with CF03 on it so i got the V2 **223 dl'd just waiting to try <_<

I run win7 x64, I can just use Windows Mobile Device Center to backup all my info before i flash right?

Yup. WMDC will backup all of your info. I am using Windows 7 x64 too and I haven't had any issues with it.

Guest NilsE
i will give it a try. thx!

Install the white cab then install this V2 cab to overlay the white and give you the black keyboard you are looking for. Sorry, but I never created a full install with those black images, just the images and xml files so the white needs to be installed first.

I have however created and all new version with the buttons that look like the attached Lite_Keyboard.bmp image. If you like it use the V3 cab alone since it is a complete English only version.

Keyboard_Lite_Black_Update_V2.cab

Lite_Keyboard.bmp

Samsung_Lite_Keyboard_Black_V3.cab

Edited by NilsE

Guest NilsE
Yup. WMDC will backup all of your info. I am using Windows 7 x64 too and I haven't had any issues with it.

There is a setting which I thought was in either clock or regional settings but don't see it.

Have you tried a soft reset so it re-syncs with the tower?

Guest doubleroll
Install the white cab then install this V2 cab to overlay the white and give you the black keyboard you are looking for. Sorry, but I never created a full install with those black images, just the images and xml files so the white needs to be installed first.

I have however created and all new version with the buttons that look like the attached Lite_Keyboard.bmp image. If you like it use the V3 cab alone since it is a complete English only version.

No problem. Thx for the info and cabs. Gonna give the V3 a try.

Guest NilsE
Anyone with a fix for adding shortcuts to the final 6 available spots within the "programs" tab on the M2D side of things?

There is no way to do it via M2D but you can export the Launchers section in you registry and copy some of the existing launchers to the 6 higher numbers (16 thru 21 (1 is actually 0)) then reapply the reg file

Extract it at the following level to get all of them:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Launcher

There will be 24 launcher reference numbers from 0 to 23

Here is an example of the entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Launcher\15]

"UpTime"="2010,2,16,2,11,18"

"DispName"="Showcase"

"Path"="\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Utilities\\Showcase.lnk"

"Type"=dword:00000000

"IconPath"=""

Guest tractor101

There is something wrong, while moving around doing things in the different screens, more often than not you get stuck in a loop and can't get out unless you soft reset.

Guest dsg29

Maybe a stupid noob question here....at 9:00 am the weather icon on the home page is still showing a night time scene. Is there a registry tweak to get it to a daytime scene when it actually is day time? Thanks, and I love this ROM!

Guest irishlaxer
Maybe a stupid noob question here....at 9:00 am the weather icon on the home page is still showing a night time scene. Is there a registry tweak to get it to a daytime scene when it actually is day time? Thanks, and I love this ROM!

you can tap on the weather info (i.e. tap the temp text) and select Update Now.

I too though did wonder the frequency of updates. I will have mine sometimes sit for a long time without updating.

Guest dsg29

Guest dsg29

Another noob question...there are no Missed Call or New Voicemail icons on the home screen...is that by design or do I need to do something to enable/display them? Thanks in advance for your patience.

Guest SilverPony2001

Been using this ROM for about 3 days now. Some issues:

Can't install new taskbar. Have tried installing sdkcerts and NewSDKcerts, same problem. Trying to install Lisbian_Black, and get permission error. Also WakeOnSMS works, but not very well. Will work for a few times, and just stop working until I do a soft reset. When using TouchPal as my keyboard, the bottom of the keyboard is about 1/2 inch higher than the bottom taskbar. All other keyboards position themselves fine.

Can live with all these though, nice work!

Guest irishlaxer
Been using this ROM for about 3 days now. Some issues:

Can't install new taskbar. Have tried installing sdkcerts and NewSDKcerts, same problem. Trying to install Lisbian_Black, and get permission error. Also WakeOnSMS works, but not very well. Will work for a few times, and just stop working until I do a soft reset. When using TouchPal as my keyboard, the bottom of the keyboard is about 1/2 inch higher than the bottom taskbar. All other keyboards position themselves fine.

Can live with all these though, nice work!

I have the same keyboard issue when using Shokka9_XT9_GlossBlack as well.

Guest irishlaxer

Flashed today to 28233. Just wanted to report I cannot send text messages.

Also when I would receive texts while in TouchFlo I would see it come in on the TouchFlo GUI but when I would select All messages from the soft key the message would not be in the inbox.

I will be flashing back to 23544 since texting is a must.

Guest Rob Storm
Flashed today to 28233. Just wanted to report I cannot send text messages.

Also when I would receive texts while in TouchFlo I would see it come in on the TouchFlo GUI but when I would select All messages from the soft key the message would not be in the inbox.

I will be flashing back to 23544 since texting is a must.

I am having the same issue. Trying to fix tonight. Building 23549 as we speak.

Rob

Guest tom999

Hi very noob to this ROM. Looks interesting but I'm not familiar to some of the apps. Been searching around but how do I access and use PhatFingers 3.1? I can't find a program listing in the programs directory?

Also new to TouchFlo but found their website and will readup. Thanks. t

Guest kevkavalier

Hey Rob,

I'm looking forward to 23549 rom coming out.

RE: 28223 Rom:

At work today, I kept getting the SOD's for some strange reason, 3 in fact. Haven't had any problems up until now. Anybody else started to get these on 28223?

Guest snkeyez95

Just downloaded an applied a different theme. No my home screen weather shows I'm in Lidingo (in Sweeden I believe, I'm in Chicago). Any thoughts?