Get swype *legally*

Guest lamabodo

Guest Naruc

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...d-or-linked-to/

As stated in the post linked to abow, its a sticky aswell

"

We have removed the Swype application from posts for the time being as we ate currently talking to the Swype team regarding copyright infringment.

This includes links to download sites etc. Any posts linking to or requesting Swype will be removed without warning.

Please respect the authors right to protect their application as they have requested it to be removed.

If and when they decide to sell Swype as a stand alone application we will let you know.

Thanks"

Edited by Naruc

Guest starfarer

still waiting for download link. How long does it take? Actually I've pre-released one working 100% but I want haptic feedback.

Guest lamabodo
http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...d-or-linked-to/

As stated in the post linked to abow, its a sticky aswell

"

We have removed the Swype application from posts for the time being as we ate currently talking to the Swype team regarding copyright infringment.

This includes links to download sites etc. Any posts linking to or requesting Swype will be removed without warning.

Please respect the authors right to protect their application as they have requested it to be removed.

If and when they decide to sell Swype as a stand alone application we will let you know.

Thanks"

Yep, but this is a link to a beta programme initiated by swype inc, and the link I give is to their own website, and their own beta programme. I would think they'd want as many serious beta testers as possible. I cannot see that this in any way breaches the rules set out in the sticky you link to.

Guest FunkTrooper

I've been using this since yesterday. And it's great, but there's one little problem: making slight changes to your phone will stop it working.

I'm using VillainROM 3.2, and a fix for the DMAgent bug was released. I applied this fix, and when my phone had started up again, Swype popped up saying something like it was installed on a different device and now will work with limited functionality. Later, I updated my Amon RA recovery and again, this broke Swype.

In both cases, I had to reinstall the program. This is quite irritating, and given how much I like to customise my phone, this could well put me off using it long term.

Guest salahag
I've been using this since yesterday. And it's great, but there's one little problem: making slight changes to your phone will stop it working.

I'm using VillainROM 3.2, and a fix for the DMAgent bug was released. I applied this fix, and when my phone had started up again, Swype popped up saying something like it was installed on a different device and now will work with limited functionality. Later, I updated my Amon RA recovery and again, this broke Swype.

In both cases, I had to reinstall the program. This is quite irritating, and given how much I like to customise my phone, this could well put me off using it long term.

Happened with me too ... I even installed the MMS fix, which is just an apk file. As soon as I restarted the phone, I got that message and had to reinstall swype.

One thing I wish was there, the pressed letter pop-up, just like the HTC keyboard. This way you know exactly what u pressed. Better than just the flashing that happens.

Guest masterpfa
Thanks for the link.

Swype is amazing, very quick and the error correction is the best I have seen.

+1

Before this HTC IME was my keyboard of choice, but this is just awesome.

Guest Docmjldds

Simply use the Titanium Backup application and restore, when Swype pops that error. Works for me.

Guest arclife

when in portrait mode, can it be switched to a phone keypad instead of full QWERTY? QWERTY in portrait has never made sense to me

Guest savagepoop

hmmm i have a strange problem that i cant seem to find the answer too... my swype keyboard is stupidly un accurate. i cant type anything if i try to type "you" i get "rut" if i try to delete a letter i get "h" if i press "f" i get "d" and so on. ive tried re calibrating my keyboard and the stock one works perfect i just dont see whats going wrong with swype. Even the tutorial in swype does it (the animation showing you what to do) its like the keyboard is out of line with the swype line.

anybody had this? anyone know a fix? its really annoying me.

im on rooted 3.1 htc hero btw

Guest savagepoop
hmmm i have a strange problem that i cant seem to find the answer too... my swype keyboard is stupidly un accurate. i cant type anything if i try to type "you" i get "rut" if i try to delete a letter i get "h" if i press "f" i get "d" and so on. ive tried re calibrating my keyboard and the stock one works perfect i just dont see whats going wrong with swype. Even the tutorial in swype does it (the animation showing you what to do) its like the keyboard is out of line with the swype line.

anybody had this? anyone know a fix? its really annoying me.

im on rooted 3.1 htc hero btw

no worries nw ive sorted it. seems like the keyboard didnt load properly. fresh install did the trick. strange...

The Beta is still open to MoDaCo Plus members - we have secured exclusive Beta access! <_< Plus Members, check out the Plus Lounge for details! :mellow:

P