Help, How to flash ROM 2.000.16.EMEA.CUS1 on top of 1.005 CSL

Guest fantong

Guest fantong

I tried CUS1, and GEN1 , the acer tool both said os file type is not matched then stop flashing.

Why?

And is there any way to make it work?

thanks

Guest fantong
That is because you should flash 2.0.0.13.AAP.GEN1 over 1.0.0.5.AAP.CSL.

There is old 2.0.0.16 leaked GEN1 bin ,is it same as the recent 2.0.0.16 GEN1 rom?

Can I flash the bin with the old acer tool? I remember the old acer tool don't check the region restriction.

Guest Borkata
There is old 2.0.0.16 leaked GEN1 bin ,is it same as the recent 2.0.0.16 GEN1 rom?

Can I flash the bin with the old acer tool? I remember the old acer tool don't check the region restriction.

I believe if old acer tool doesn't check region <_< you can flash any bin file with it.

Guest CyberHawk
I believe if old acer tool doesn't check region <_< you can flash any bin file with it.

I am in the same situation. From where I can download the older tool?

Guest rrunner1

A somewhat related question: Did anyone find a way to flash the new official roms (with bundled flash tool) with the old flasher? I tried the obvious and extracted the rom file from the .CAB and renamed it to .bin but that doesn't seem to work... We have most current roms in .bin format now but this might become more important in the future...

Anyone had more succes?

Erik

Edited by rrunner1

Guest yappanappa

I had the same problem trying to flash the 2.000.16 GEN1 starting from the original 1.002.03-EMEA-GEN1.

What I did was to start the setup.exe and to try to complete the flashing process "without connecting" the Liquid to the PC. Of course the flashing is failed but in a directory on the PC a bin file ACER_A1_MergeFile.bin (around 120MB) has been created.

So, what I did was to use that bin file and the "old" Acer tool to flash the new rom(bin format) on my Liquid.

Edited by yappanappa

Guest rrunner1
I had the same problem trying to flash the 2.000.16 GEN1 starting from the original 1.002.03-EMEA-GEN1.

What I did was to start the setup.exe and to try to complete the flashing process "without connecting" the Liquid to the PC. Of course the flashing is failed but in a directory on the PC a bin file ACER_A1_MergeFile.bin (around 120MB) has been created.

So, what I did was to use that bin file and the "old" Acer tool to flash the new rom(bin format) on my Liquid.

Nice :-) Will give it a try.

Thx for the tip!

Erik

Guest kentzno

Hi, i followed your step. I managed to get the ACER_A1_MergeFile.bin. I downloaded the old Acer Tool v3.10, however it has error message said the acer tool has stopped working. May I know why? or do you mind to show me further how to use old Acer Tool to flash the bin file? thank you very much. :)

Guest Quipeace
Hi, i followed your step. I managed to get the ACER_A1_MergeFile.bin. I downloaded the old Acer Tool v3.10, however it has error message said the acer tool has stopped working. May I know why? or do you mind to show me further how to use old Acer Tool to flash the bin file? thank you very much. :)

Have you tried rebooting your pc? The acer tool sometimes doesn't even start here and a reboot normally fixes that.

Guest rrunner1

Running Vista/Win7? -> right-click on program icon -> run as administrator

Erik

Guest kentzno

YES! I managed to flash a new ROM. Thanks for your tips..you are the best!

Guest Pathfinder23

I am trying to use the steps above to use .bin file but I can't find the directory or the .bin file anywhere on my PC ? anyone can kindly share where exactly did they found that file ?

Thanks