copy/active link phone number from an email?

Guest verser233

Guest verser233

Hello!

Im sure you all noticed when u open an email message which is content an email address, and when u touch it, it will be active link and you can reply to that email address.

Now i need the same for phone numbers in email.

Because now, when i got an email about ordering from my webstore, which content name, e-mail address, street address , product name, and phone numbers, i can't do anything with that email, because i can't copy the email message or copy the phone number to call back him either

I don't understand why just only email address link can be active link, and phone numbers why not?

Can anyone have any idea to solve my problem? <_<

Guest Nova2.1

just press and hold on the message, a message options dialog will come up..

add 'email' to contacts be there.. if you just want to copy the email, add it to a fake contact.. then copy the address from the resulting text box you get.. then discard the changes the same works for phone numbers..

any other information you want, just copy all the text to the clipboad, then put it in a notepad app, and delete all the other information you dont want.

Edited by Nova2.1

Guest Quipeace

I just write them down on a piece of paper, but it is quite annoying...

I tried opening both contacts and the email app, but once you switch to lets say email, the edit contact screen disappears. <_<

Guest verser233

Thanks for your idea, but...........

It is too complicated for me and does not work for me at all :mellow:

Why email app can't work same like the calendar?

just try it: open calendar, write there a phone number, some text and email address and save it, and then look the result.

YOU can able to call the number immediately when u touch it.

Why does not works at all in email?

And i can't able to copy anything from any email, except email address. I need to use a different app it is called: mod.email and use this for my mails to copy them into calendar and then call the number. Stupid thing from android.

Is that possible somehow that i forward my emails to my gmail account, and it put my emails automatically to calendar? <_<

Edited by verser233

Guest Nova2.1

go the google code page for android and post it as a defect.

small things like this are usually added to the next android version in a week..

then there is a huge wait for the next android version to come out.. lol