LED Stays on when message is read and answered with Handcent SMS.

Guest Vailo

Guest Vailo

When replying with Quick-reply, LED light on top of the device stays on. It's kind of annoying since I think that I have got a new message when I don't. And it doesn't go away until I go to Settings -> Notification settings -> Test Notification.

Any suggestions?

Guest goa200
When replying with Quick-reply, LED light on top of the device stays on. It's kind of annoying since I think that I have got a new message when I don't. And it doesn't go away until I go to Settings -> Notification settings -> Test Notification.

Any suggestions?

its usually some app who does it.

Go through your apps and check which one of em has notifications activated.

I know some twitter apps that turns that led light on and it cant be turned off again

Guest keilun

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem with using 005 rom. It is ok now with 013 rom. You may try

Guest Vailo

I'm currently using: 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

It's funny, because, I have turned of all the notifications for standard sms app, and still get the LED light problem. But if I turn of Handcent notifications and turn the default app's notification on the LED light functions as it should. I wonder if it's some kind of bug i Handcent SMS app?

Edited by Vailo

Guest bellanano

Yes, it's a bug, i wrote to developer's application and he ask me to do beta tester for him, but never heard he anymore.

Good thing the workaround gli wrote for that, i usually restart the phone!

Another problem is that when i postpone the wakeup alarm, the message led remain lighted!

Guest Vailo
Yes, it's a bug, i wrote to developer's application and he ask me to do beta tester for him, but never heard he anymore.

Good thing the workaround gli wrote for that, i usually restart the phone!

Another problem is that when i postpone the wakeup alarm, the message led remain lighted!

Wait, do you mean that the work around is to restart your phone? That's pretty lame... what's the email you contacted the developer with, I will send one to him as well.

Guest uzirox
Wait, do you mean that the work around is to restart your phone? That's pretty lame... what's the email you contacted the developer with, I will send one to him as well.

there's a much more simple workaround that I use: go to the options of Handcent, go to Notifications, and do a "Test notifications" (o something similar, I don't have it in english <_<). Voila.

Guest Vailo
there's a much more simple workaround that I use: go to the options of Handcent, go to Notifications, and do a "Test notifications" (o something similar, I don't have it in english :mellow:). Voila.

Any suggestions?

I was kind of aware of that, but thanks for the tip uzirox <_<

Guest bellanano

I meant that i didn't know the workaround you explained and i restarted the phone every time.

The email address is on the market page <_<