Help getting back to Stock EVERYTHING [SOLVED]

Guest bgmrk

Guest bgmrk

Hey,

I recently bought a used acer liquid, and the guy already had it preloaded with a custom 2.1 rom (community rom i believe). I'm coming from using an HTC Dream (g1) so i know how android works...but as i'm browsing the sites...i'm noticing a good amount of different things in terms of installing roms and what not. This acer download tool is totally new to me. And so for the sake of me learning how the heck to do things on the phone. Can someone point me in the direction of an easy to follow guide, or just give me a nice simple step by step process one what to do. Assuming i know NOTHING (because i feel like i do). Thanks in advance!

Edited by bgmrk

Guest Uxian
Hey,

I recently bought a used acer liquid, and the guy already had it preloaded with a custom 2.1 rom (community rom i believe). I'm coming from using an HTC Dream (g1) so i know how android works...but as i'm browsing the sites...i'm noticing a good amount of different things in terms of installing roms and what not. This acer download tool is totally new to me. And so for the sake of me learning how the heck to do things on the phone. Can someone point me in the direction of an easy to follow guide, or just give me a nice simple step by step process one what to do. Assuming i know NOTHING (because i feel like i do). Thanks in advance!

Easiest option is probably to download and flash the new firmware that's on Acer's web site using the included flash tool. Instructions are also included in the .zip file. That should put your recovery, radio and system back to stock 1.6.

"http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS/OS/OS_Acer_2.000.16.EMEA.CUS1_A16D_A.zip?acerid=634032843737589900&Step1=Smart%20Handheld&Step2=Liquid&Step3=Liquid&OS=A01&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_27

Edited by Uxian

Guest bgmrk
Easiest option is probably to download and flash the new firmware that's on Acer's web site using the included flash tool. Instructions are also included in the .zip file. That should put your recovery, radio and system back to stock 1.6.

"http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS/OS/OS_Acer_2.000.16.EMEA.CUS1_A16D_A.zip?acerid=634032843737589900&Step1=Smart%20Handheld&Step2=Liquid&Step3=Liquid&OS=A01&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_27

Firstly, thanks a tonne for the link, the Canadian Acer site doesn't know the phone even exists. I tried it...and i got an error saying the OS didn't match...something along those lines. any suggestions.

Guest Uxian
Firstly, thanks a tonne for the link, the Canadian Acer site doesn't know the phone even exists. I tried it...and i got an error saying the OS didn't match...something along those lines. any suggestions.

Someone was reporting the same thing in another thread trying to flash an EEMEA ROM over an Asia-Pac one and someone suggested that an older version of the flash tool will do the job. There's a post of of links to other ROMs and an older tool here that may be of use to you:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...cer-liquid-rom/

Guest bgmrk
Someone was reporting the same thing in another thread trying to flash an EEMEA ROM over an Asia-Pac one and someone suggested that an older version of the flash tool will do the job. There's a post of of links to other ROMs and an older tool here that may be of use to you:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...cer-liquid-rom/

Thank you...both of you. Got it back on everything stock...awesome!

Guest Down to earth Swede

Here's a good starting point for Liquid related files at acers messy site.

It includes the latest manuals, drivers, OS-images and source code for the Liquid.

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/smartphone/s100/

NOTE, important : Check the pdf;s that are in the image-directory. It states which version and which countries the three different images will work on respectively.

Edited by Down to earth Swede