Apps2SD - How?

Guest briangnyc

Guest briangnyc

I baked a Cyan rom with apps2sd included. What commands do I need to input to activate it? I am assuming it's something I do from terminal? Any help is most appreciated. My SD is paritioned, etc.

Guest kwazyivan
I baked a Cyan rom with apps2sd included. What commands do I need to input to activate it? I am assuming it's something I do from terminal? Any help is most appreciated. My SD is paritioned, etc.

Hi,

If you have a Cyanogen Rom, such as these ( 5.0.4.1 - 5.0.3 - 5.0.2 or even the Beta 5) Baked with A2SD (short for APPS2SD), than you dont need to activate it, it should automaticaly be activated during boot, providing that you have partitioned your SD Card with Amon Ra Recovery.

Best Amon Ra to use, is the version 1.6.2 as its more reliable and lots of bugs have been fixed.

Edited by kwazyivan

Guest deepNjazzy

To get A2SD working with this ROM should I have ext 2, 3 or4 partition? I currently have ext4. Using Amon's I've done a full wipe then flashseveral times yet A2SD isn't working. Also with this ROM is it recommended that my second partition not be more than 512mb?

Guest kwazyivan
To get A2SD working with this ROM should I have ext 2, 3 or4 partition? I currently have ext4. Using Amon's I've done a full wipe then flashseveral times yet A2SD isn't working. Also with this ROM is it recommended that my second partition not be more than 512mb?

I got my 16gb Micro Sd Card partitioned as bellow:

32mb Swap

1280mb ext2 (ext2 was working well, but i decided to convert to ext3 later)

Remaining of the 16gb as Fat32

All works really great and as expected with no problems whatsoever.

Guest deepNjazzy
I got my 16gb Micro Sd Card partitioned as bellow:

32mb Swap

1280mb ext2 (ext2 was working well, but i decided to convert to ext3 later)

Remaining of the 16gb as Fat32

All works really great and as expected with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks for the info. I'll duplicate your partition setup.

Guest tropmonky

I can't even get the "SD Secondary" to show up?!?

I've wiped everything

partitioned:

swap 0

ext 640

then installed a fresh rom I copied over and no "SD Secondary" showing up on the phone... any ideas?

I followed these steps exactly... (minus the memory number difference)

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P3T2mf5Pu8

part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdKBmWU-ALg

• 1 month later...
Guest kareem613
I can't even get the "SD Secondary" to show up?!?

I've wiped everything

partitioned:

swap 0

ext 640

then installed a fresh rom I copied over and no "SD Secondary" showing up on the phone... any ideas?

I followed these steps exactly... (minus the memory number difference)

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P3T2mf5Pu8

part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdKBmWU-ALg

I followed the same instructions. I'm using modaco's custom rom r14. There is no kingmadethis.sh. I think cyanogen's a2sd script is supposed to run automatically.

I still don't see the secondary sd or extra space.

Where are there instructions for cyanogen's a2sd?

Guest argylesocks
I followed the same instructions. I'm using modaco's custom rom r14. There is no kingmadethis.sh. I think cyanogen's a2sd script is supposed to run automatically.

I still don't see the secondary sd or extra space.

Where are there instructions for cyanogen's a2sd?

Which version of the recovery are you using? It was my understanding that Cyan's newer ROMS use the new A2SD method which needs the 1.7 version of Amon RA.

Guest kareem613
Which version of the recovery are you using? It was my understanding that Cyan's newer ROMS use the new A2SD method which needs the 1.7 version of Amon RA.

I've got the latest one 1.7.2 I think?

I tried cyanogen's ROM. No problem at all. Works great right away. I just couldn't make it work with modaco's ROM.

Are there any steps to take after booting modaco's ROM with a2sd?

Guest argylesocks
I've got the latest one 1.7.2 I think?

I tried cyanogen's ROM. No problem at all. Works great right away. I just couldn't make it work with modaco's ROM.

Are there any steps to take after booting modaco's ROM with a2sd?

Modaco's does NOT use the new a2sd method (which uses Amon RA 1.7).

Try flashing the 1.6.2 version OF the recovery, reformat, repartition, and then see if that works.

I am not sure if the correct ext4 partition needs to be in place when you flash the ROM.... so you may need to reflash it.