LCR is great!

Guest linuxluver

Guest linuxluver

I had my first play with LCR v1.1.1 this weekend. I have to say it's actually very good in terms of functionality. Unlike the Eclair ROMs for the G1 and HTC Magic, we have full video support and Google Earth installs and runs. Wifi, mobile data and bluetooth all work in LCR. Every app I tried, worked. I see four issues that need attention

1. Stability - I had severa spontaneous re-boots & a couple of times the phone had just turned itself off.

2. Multi-touch support. If it's there it wasn't working for me

3. Apps2sd. Liquid needs it

4. Related, but separately, a polished recovery similar to Amon RA's for making configuration, backup and restore easy, flexible and reliable.

Pull this together and LCR will be a ROM second to none I'm happy to help with testing.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest designgears

We need the official rom, then most of that will be taken care of.

this beta release we have just doesnt cut it.

Edited by designgears

Guest Piter1225

What I like about LCR is huge speed increase compared to stock ROM, Angio and Maxisma and behnaam made hudge work, I hope lag problem will be solved soon.

Thanks guys!

Guest malez
I had my first play with LCR v1.1.1 this weekend. I have to say it's actually very good in terms of functionality. Unlike the Eclair ROMs for the G1 and HTC Magic, we have full video support and Google Earth installs and runs. Wifi, mobile data and bluetooth all work in LCR. Every app I tried, worked. I see four issues that need attention

1. Stability - I had severa spontaneous re-boots & a couple of times the phone had just turned itself off.

There is a log script here if you want to contribute

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...es/detail?id=25

2. Multi-touch support. If it's there it wasn't working for me

Not yet in the kernel

3. Apps2sd. Liquid needs it

We are working on but have a problem with repacking boot.img

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...es/detail?id=40

4. Related, but separately, a polished recovery similar to Amon RA's for making configuration, backup and restore easy, flexible and reliable.

Malez recovery may be included in future release (but maybe not automatically installed)

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...es/detail?id=37

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...recovery-image/

Pull this together and LCR will be a ROM second to none I'm happy to help with testing.

Provide us feadback via LCR webpage please. Don't wait for the next release and we will be able to analyze bug sooner and maybe to correct them.

Guest linuxluver
Provide us feadback via LCR webpage please. Don't wait for the next release and we will be able to analyze bug sooner and maybe to correct them.

I had some serious issues with my only Windows system this weekend that caused me to waste all of Saturday just trying to recover my phone. The Acer Download Tool kept timing out on the fastboot flashes....and my pC was randomly locking up.

I found out today (Sunday) the slowness was due (in part) to BOINC running in the background and the system slowing the CPU down when it got too hot.....due to dust and a fan failure on the video card. The fan finally metled completely and fell off onto the motherboard......at which point the PC crashed.

I bought a new video card this evening and should be ready to do lots of testing now I have a reliable Windows system and flashing only takes 15 minutes instead of 14 hours. . :-)

Guest gianluk

I think all those small issues will be solved on next release: Angio & C. are doing hard work on the new Acer ROM..

By the way, I want to thank all developers for the LCR prjoect!

Guest ddt1234

lag is quite strange~

most apps run faster,browser is great with double click zoom.just new launcher still very lag!

also some random problem about phone call,like it cant hang up the call(screen not response to hang up but OS still working).but it not always happen so i'm not report on LCR page. recently because of work,i flash my phone back to 1.6.

will help to debug on 2.1 later!