Alternate fastboot

Guest lobo13

Guest lobo13

Hi,

I was flashing ROM ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.bin with Acer Download Tools and this broke with error - fastboot drivers. My Liquid only show my Acer logo and loop in rebooting, and was able to get into bootloader mode, but my PC (Windows 7) don't see any device with fastboot commands. I was trying reinstall drivers, tryied next PC (XP, Vista) - but no success. After hundreds of attempts I was ready to send my device to Acer.

But I realized than when I did root after buying, I had to use Paul'l alternate method. That I tried this method to flash Maxisma Modded 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1. I copied *.bin files to "1.1-liquid-alternate-superboot" folder, in *.bat file I wrote "fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 flash system system.img", "fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 flash boot superboot2.img" and "fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 reboot", got my device to bootloader mode with fastboot screen, run *.bat file and it worked!!! My Liquid is alive!

I flashed Maxisma ROM and tried to see if my fastboot would work with command lines. But still my PC don't see any device. If I need to install some files with fastboot, I have to use alternate metod with *.bat files. ADB commands are working.

Do you have someone same issue?

Thanks, Lobo.

Guest Borkata
Hi,

I was flashing ROM ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.bin with Acer Download Tools and this broke with error - fastboot drivers. My Liquid only show my Acer logo and loop in rebooting, and was able to get into bootloader mode, but my PC (Windows 7) don't see any device with fastboot commands. I was trying reinstall drivers, tryied next PC (XP, Vista) - but no success. After hundreds of attempts I was ready to send my device to Acer.

But I realized than when I did root after buying, I had to use Paul'l alternate method. That I tried this method to flash Maxisma Modded 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1. I copied *.bin files to "1.1-liquid-alternate-superboot" folder, in *.bat file I wrote "fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 flash system system.img", "fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 flash boot superboot2.img" and "fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 reboot", got my device to bootloader mode with fastboot screen, run *.bat file and it worked!!! My Liquid is alive!

I flashed Maxisma ROM and tried to see if my fastboot would work with command lines. But still my PC don't see any device. If I need to install some files with fastboot, I have to use alternate metod with *.bat files. ADB commands are working.

Thanks, Lobo.

I am with win7 also and what I have noticed is that: To make adb work I have installed sdk and usb drivers with it. Here was the tricky part sdk drivers ini has to be modified.

I added this lines:

; Acer Liquid%SingleBootLoaderInterface%     = USB_Install USB\VID_0502&PID_3201%SingleBootLoaderInterface%     = USB_Install USB\VID_0502&PID_3202&MI_00%SingleAdbInterface%     = USB_Install USB\VID_0502&PID_3202&MI_0%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install USB\VID_0502&PID_3202&MI_02%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install USB\VID_0502&PID_3202&MI_03

After that I installed Acer Usb drivers. As final result I can use both adb and fastboot.

Guest lobo13

I uninstalled acer drivers, added it to android_winusb.inf file in "SDK\usb_driver" folder, restart PC, installed acer drivers, got Liquid to bootloader, but in command line fastboot devices - show nothnig. Anyway thank very for your tip!

Edited by lobo13

Guest linuxluver

Thanks, Lobo.

I had the same issue yesterday. It was due to my USB being too slow.

My USB was too slow because I had other tasks using the CPU and the system was also overheated and being slowed down by the BIOS to reduce heat. My video card also had a fan failure....which didn't help.

Try cleaning your heatsinks to get rid of dust, and also try stoppig any background programs like BOINC / SETI@Home. I also set the phone CPU speed (on reboot) to max with "SetCPU" and in Windows set USB for the removeable device to Optimise for Performance. Don't know if either of those helped, but they didn't get in the way either.

This worked for me to fix the Download Tool.

But It's also good to know you can do similar things with fastboot directly - provided the apps are compatible with the version of Android and the correct baseband is in place. I've bookmarked your post. :-)

Edited by linuxluver

Guest lobo13

Yes! My command line is working with this:

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

But "fastboot -i 0x0502 devices" don't work.

So this not work:

"fastboot reboot" or "fastboot devices"

Any idea, what is wrong? Why I have to used in command line "-i 0x0502"?

I have fear that if I will flash with Acer Download Tools in the future, the error with fastboot drivers will show again.

Guest linuxluver
Any idea, what is wrong? Why I have to used in command line "-i 0x0502"?

I have fear that if I will flash with Acer Download Tools in the future, the error with fastboot drivers will show again.

fastboot is a programme also used by HTC and perhaps others. So it needs to know which vendor product it is talking to. I suspect it may default to HTC unless you tell it another vendor - in our case, "Acer" = "0x0502"

On linux you can list usb devices with "lsusb". I don't know how you do this on Windows. In that listing, you see the vendor codes and device codes for each USB device that is attached.

These are the same values fastboot is using. Fastboot must know the addresses it needs to talk to for each vendor product (??)

Edited by linuxluver

Guest linuxluver
I am with win7 also ....

After that I installed Acer Usb drivers. As final result I can use both adb and fastboot.

Linux is so much easier for this! :-)

Guest Borkata

You should have installed Acer drivers for sure, so Acer Bootloader Driver is installed.

fastboot -i 0x00502 means "connect to interface at address 0x00502". If drivers are not pointing this address then you have a problem.

One more thing - I don't know about slow USB, but when I boot in fastboot mode and windows starts searching for drivers I wait a couple of minutes before it successfully initialize drivers. After that I run fastboot command without problem.

• 6 months later...
Guest munchy_cool

guys i have bricked my spica and came across this thread as a way to bring it back to life again,

the problem is fastboot is not detecting my device i guess or the address is different from 0x0502

the phone is charging and when i can see the acer modem in device manager means drivers are there.

i do not have access to recovery as i did not root my phone.

please help me ..am on windows 7.

here is the image when i try to reboot my phone from fastboot, even fastboot devices shows no device.

post-748636-1284160814_thumb.jpg

Every Android phone has Recovery :P You just have to find out how to access it (button combinations).

I think you can search for signed update.zip containing boot.img for your phone and maybe system too. After placing on sdcard once you enter recovery update will be done automatically.

P.S. These are just assumptions, so it might not work, but you can try at least :)