Carry case recommendations for Hero with chunky battery

Guest zorm

First off, this is my initial post & I'm unsure of where it should go. Please let me know if I'm screwing up & in which sub forum I could ask this question, as well as which forum is suited to asking for posting guidelines. Thanks.

I've had my Hero for about a month now & am loving it. Spent the last few days looking into rooting & am now running MCR 3.1 - Cheers Paul <_< Anyhow, one of the first things I did was replace the battery with a 3000mAHr alternative that came with a custom back to accommodate the additional bulk. This adds about 6mm to the thickness of the phone.

Can anyone recommend a case that would fit this wee beasty? I'm having trouble getting any suggestions & don't have a local store where I can try a few out.

Edited by zorm

Guest justajason
First off, this is my initial post & I'm unsure of where it should go. Please let me know if I'm screwing up & in which sub forum I could ask this question, as well as which forum is suited to asking for posting guidelines. Thanks.

I've had my Hero for about a month now & am loving it. Spent the last few days looking into rooting & am now running MCR 3.1 - Cheers Paul <_< Anyhow, one of the first things I did was replace the battery with a 3000mAHr alternative that came with a custom back to accommodate the additional bulk. This adds about 6mm to the thickness of the phone.

Can anyone recommend a case that would fit this wee beasty? I'm having trouble getting any suggestions & don't have a local store where I can try a few out.

Im using a blackberry case that i got from fleabay...

I believe that its for the BB 7100i, costs like 6 bucks and accomidates the phone with the extra battery..

Its kinda snug at first, but it loosens a little by the third day. And works like a charm...

Hope that helps ya.

j

Im using a blackberry case that i got from fleabay...

I believe that its for the BB 7100i, costs like 6 bucks and accomidates the phone with the extra battery.

Thanks. I'll add it to my list of possibles, which is an infinite improvement as it used to be zero items long & is now at one :mellow:

Ah, yes, that would be okay leather_case_gallery.jpg

Mind if I ask what prompted you to try this case?

Damn, just noticed the belt clip. I usually carry my phone in a trouser pocket. Still, worth considering. And the info that 7100i cases are a likely fit is very valuable. Cheers <_<

Hmm, also 3825_L.jpg

Or b9_1_b.jpg

They all have magnetic locks; I read that can interfere with the internal compass. Have you had any problems?

[Afterthought re forum policies: I hope it was ok to include product links. If not please accept my apologies & edit/delete the post or ask me to; I'll not make the same mistake twice]

Edited by zorm