[ROM] Sinan's I8000 JF5 WM6.1 UltraLite Rom [Discontinued]

Guest sinancetinkaya

Guest sinancetinkaya

Changing registry settings is not needed,

@Bravo!

Please write your problem with full details

You say Advanced Config doesn't work, installing netcf will fix it

You say samsung today doesn't work, because you're trying to install IJ1 cabs to my latest JD4 rom which are incompatible. JUIJ1 is very different from NXXJD4.

I didn't make some cabs again like samsung keyboard, samsung today, widgets etc because they are useless for me

I think that an UltraLite user wants a core OS, free ram and free rom as much as he can have. Every UltraLite user probably uses his keyboard, today interface.

I've been using FingerKeyboard and TodayAgenda for a long time

Guest Bravo!

@ sinancetinkaya,

Thanks for the reply! I understand! I just wanted Samsung widgets so I could return the device just in case I'll need to send it to the Service Center! Also I like the full screen wallpapers and the 3 screens I get on a Samsung Widget UI. Will write my problems in detail after trying everything again. Regarding Netcf, I did install it, still I got certificate errors for a couple of apps.

Thanks!

Guest johnchua55

@bravo

i think you better keep a copy of your country's official ROM .... if you need to send it to the service center best that you flash it back to the official ROM.

also if you encounter my storage dissapearing problem like i did (twice) .... you can only flash back to official ROM is you use .nbO PDA format and not the .mst format.

Guest Bravo!
@bravo

i think you better keep a copy of your country's official ROM ....

Thats the problem! I failed to make a backup of my Official ROM! :)

Guest sinancetinkaya
Thats the problem! I failed to make a backup of my Official ROM! :)

Just download your country's official rom. Can't you find it ?

Guest Bravo!

Nope. I couldn't find my country's(India) firmware anywhere. I tried to google it. Then I tried to update with KIES and Samsung PC Studio. I also tried the Firmware updaters. They only give me error messages when I run them. I'm using both Vista x64 and Win 7 x64.

Guest nooruddeen

Assalamu alaykum sinancetinkaya

Do you have a good version of the 6.5 versions?

Thank you :)

Edited by nooruddeen

Guest sinancetinkaya
Assalamu alaykum sinancetinkaya

Do you have a good version of the 6.5 versions?

Thank you :)

Ve Aleyküm Selam

There are only few wm6.5 roms of me just for test. Visit my blog, and remember! No support for them

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest kimitza

impressive specs sinan :). I used your rom on my i900. But i don't think wm 6.1 is trully using the max of the hardware in omnia 2. I've compared the 2 roms....and...wm 6.1 is too poor :). Although we have alot of memory(both rom and ram), it just doesn't feel right :). So, if you would cook some 6.5 roms...it would be great. If you would make an ultralite version(only the windows services left, with no UI) it would be super :). Thanks alot anyway and keep up the good work.

Guest sinancetinkaya
But i don't think wm 6.1 is trully using the max of the hardware in omnia 2. I've compared the 2 roms....and...wm 6.1 is too poor :)

LOL

Tell me those hardware parts of i8000 are used by wm6.5 at limits, which wm6.1 doesn't :)

wm6.5 doesn't have any advantage over wm6.1 at hardware side. Finger friendly interface doesn't mean faster hardware, real improvements come with drivers, not OS!!!

I won't make wm6.5 roms unless I see some significant advantages in it

Guest kimitza
LOL

Tell me those hardware parts of i8000 are used by wm6.5 at limits, which wm6.1 doesn't ;)

wm6.5 doesn't have any advantage over wm6.1 at hardware side. Finger friendly interface doesn't mean faster hardware, real improvements come with drivers, not OS!!!

I won't make wm6.5 roms unless I see some significant advantages in it

maybe you are right, but let me tell you what i'm facing :( :

1. a decent autorotation is missing...tired several solutions...they all kinda suck :).omnia 1 was far better on this matter.

2.as a spb mobile shell user, i get a strange glitch. when i enter the 3d view(not conctats 3d caroussel), it only shows half display. The thing it's random. After a flash i got the error on landscape mode, after another flash, i got it in portrait mode.

Can you give some hints on how to solve this? :D

Here are the pics ;)

post-621663-1276880407_thumb.png

post-621663-1276880426_thumb.png

Guest sinancetinkaya
maybe you are right, but let me tell you what i'm facing :( :

1. a decent autorotation is missing...tired several solutions...they all kinda suck :).omnia 1 was far better on this matter.

2.as a spb mobile shell user, i get a strange glitch. when i enter the 3d view(not conctats 3d caroussel), it only shows half display. The thing it's random. After a flash i got the error on landscape mode, after another flash, i got it in portrait mode.

Can you give some hints on how to solve this? :D

Here are the pics ;)

1. Autorotation is not missing, it's just not the same as how it is in i900. Sorry I'm not an i8000 teacher ;) just search it in modaco

2. I don't use spb but I saw some users of this rom use spb, you can ask them.

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest kimitza
1. Autorotation is not missing, it's just not the same as how it is in i900. Sorry I'm not an i8000 teacher ;) just search it in modaco

2. I don't use spb but I saw some users of this rom use spb, you can ask them.

I saw that. Why the hell do people makes things harder when they were easier??:() Autorotation worked just fine in omnia 1. Sheesh. About the search, i already did it...all the solutions presented here just didn't met my expectations...maybe i'm just used with omnia 1 :). Anyway thanks alot...:D

Guest sinancetinkaya
I saw that. Why the hell do people makes things harder when they were easier??;)) Autorotation worked just fine in omnia 1. Sheesh. About the search, i already did it...all the solutions presented here just didn't met my expectations...maybe i'm just used with omnia 1 :(. Anyway thanks alot...:)

There is a useful program "AutoRotationSet" http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...on-set-program/ that you're going to love

Guest COOLCABMAN
There is a useful program "AutoRotationSet" http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...on-set-program/ that you're going to love

I agree with sinan, that autorotate will help you and u can select the programs for which u need autorotation, Sinan thanku for all the support with ur JUIJ1 rom I have mashallah stable system with all the rom n rameven after installing shell, wedgit plus and today 2, thanku once again.

Guest kimitza
I agree with sinan, that autorotate will help you and u can select the programs for which u need autorotation, Sinan thanku for all the support with ur JUIJ1 rom I have mashallah stable system with all the rom n rameven after installing shell, wedgit plus and today 2, thanku once again.

yep...i'm starting to get into my O2 :)...still a few things that need a fine tuning, but soon i will get a trully functional omnia...with 100mb or so of free ram ;). that's the idea :(.

Facing new problem with that annoying 3+ seconds delay. Already tried some registry tweaks, but no results yet.

Guest kimitza
can you or anybody who has the 10/5 rom upload it to another uploading site because rapidshare is not working :(

Here you go http://www.girlshare.ro/1299762.2

it's a romanian host...hope it will be usefull to you. tell me how fast are you downloading from it...maybe we make it a permanent mirror ;).

Edited by kimitza

Guest kimitza
thank you ;)

trying to download but i cant. i think it is something wrong with my internet. :(

before i post another mirror, try downloading from another place that worked before.

Guest johnchua55

@kimitza

if you're using SPB .... i suggest disabling the use of 3D opengl in SPB ... SPB will be faster without it and less buggy .... you can still use the 3D carousels ... a little less pretty without the bottom reflections of the carousel but speed is much more tolerable.

Guest sinancetinkaya
@kimitza

if you're using SPB .... i suggest disabling the use of 3D opengl in SPB ... SPB will be faster without it and less buggy .... you can still use the 3D carousels ... a little less pretty without the bottom reflections of the carousel but speed is much more tolerable.

10/05/2010

Fixed OpenGL issue

exellent work it's now working like a charm.. 4mb pp with sbp mobile shell working well..