i8000 Lite ROM WM6-5-5 (Updated 22 Apr 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary... i just noticed you are from thailand lol....

Anyway... do u have any thai keyboard to recommend?

Planning to get my gf a omnia 2 flashed with your roms! :)

Although I have an English/Thai keyboard, I don't use the Thai language.

The one I have is a very cheap keyboard that came with my computer.

It says "Irene" at the top right side.

Guest jlccarv

hi Gary, thanks to the ROM!! but in future could u you pls upload the ROM in a single file? just to help out us free rapid share users. because apparently I have used my free user limit after just downloading part1 of your ROM, which is great, yeh, wait 24hrs to get part2 =s

or has anyone both parts and can mirror them? soo looking forward to checking out this ROM. cheers all

Guest alexdeejay_fm

i Gary, thanks to the ROM!! but in future could u you pls upload the ROM in a single file? just to help out us free rapid share users. because apparently I have used my free user limit after just downloading part1 of your ROM, which is great, yeh, wait 24hrs to get part2 =s

or has anyone both parts and can mirror them? soo looking forward to checking out this ROM. cheers all

jjclarv try again after 15 min. and it works rapidshare :).rom flashed allready. brb with feedback.

Edited by alexdeejay_fm

Guest jlccarv
jjclarv try again after 15 min. and it works rapidshare :).rom flashed allready. brb with feedback.

yeh, tried again after 20mins and its now d/loading.. cheers!

Guest emperorben

Hi Gary,

Just flashed your JC2 Lite ROM. Thanks!

But for some reason, I cannot connect to internet via 3G now. Auto-configuration of the Network Operator does not work.

And even after manually inputing the 3G settings, the programs still doesn't connect to internet. (although 3G connection is enabled already).

Have already ensured that the connections connect to INTERNET and tried auto/manual connection for Browser Connection.

Have also tried hard-reset.

Anybody else encountering this issue?

EDIT:

I think I have found the cause of the issue. The auto-configuration for this ROM does not recognise my operator, i.e. Singapore Starhub.

I only flashed the JC2 PDA ROM by Gary. Am currently still on JB1 for my CSC.

Not sure if that's the problem.

Edited by emperorben

Guest N72CNC

Great Job Gary!!!

I just wanted to ask you if you have in cab file the programs you removed

in case some needs one of them.

For example I would like to put back the widgets.

Thanks again!!!

Guest Lancez
Hi Gary,

Just flashed your JC2 Lite ROM. Thanks!

But for some reason, I cannot connect to internet via 3G now. Auto-configuration of the Network Operator does not work.

And even after manually inputing the 3G settings, the programs still doesn't connect to internet. (although 3G connection is enabled already).

Have already ensured that the connections connect to INTERNET and tried auto/manual connection for Browser Connection.

Have also tried hard-reset.

Anybody else encountering this issue?

did u try restore connection option?

Guest emperorben
did u try restore connection option?

Done that. Still the same.

Now trying to do a workaround by selecting another Network Operator and then manually changing the settings to that of my network operator

Edited by emperorben

Guest emperorben

Solved!

I have to choose the operator "O2 IRL" and then manually edit the 3G settings. Most of the other network operator auto-configurations will not work as they are "pre-configured" and does not allow users to manually edit the settings.

Guest quizesilver

any other also having the same prob as emperorben ?

i am also on starhub but i think of flashing all to jc2

as i dun use the xt9 keyboard

Guest luckyse7en

I have problem with the button assignment. All the button not working anymore....Like camera button, volume button, button1.2....etc.

Anyone encounter this problem?

rgds

Guest Lancez
I have problem with the button assignment. All the button not working anymore....Like camera button, volume button, button1.2....etc.

Anyone encounter this problem?

rgds

have never had this kind problem on any of Gary's ROMs as well as anyother custom ROMs b4, try to hard reset after flashing or reflash it again then hard reset. most of those weird problems are caused by not hard resetting after flashing.

Guest artykim

Can anyone confirm if JC2 23549 can read/write email?

All other JC2 based roms have failed this function so far.

Thanks.

Edited by artykim

Guest Gary Crutcher
Help Please

GC_JC2_23549_Liite_8PP.z01 " z01" what is this? i mean in Octans i cant use it. what should i do with it?

It is a .zip file.

Use winzip or winrar to open the .zip file and the z01 file will be included.

After you unzip you will have a .nb0 file which you can flash.