i8000 Lite ROM WM6-5-5 (Updated 22 Apr 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest bulderhart
Excellent ROM, titanium customization is great, changed PP to 16 MB for better responsiveness.

Thank you!

That's really interesting. I understand that with this type of device the OS needs a RAM pagepool in order to be able to execute ROM code. But is 8 MB a low size for an 'average' user? And what would you loose if you would make it higher than 8 MB?

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi GC,

Is this rom timebomb patched? A reminder popped out, saying "This copy of Windows Mobile expires within 30 days on 05/01/2010".

Yes, it was timebomb patched.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Beautiful! I just bought you a couple of beers.

I very much liked the Titanium screen that you included as well - except I lost it when I restored my Sprite backup (back to the dull MS version now). Could you point me in the right direction so I can try to put it back?

Much appreciated!

Thank you for the beers! :P

Here is the cab for the Titanium screen.

WM7_Titanium_WVGA_by_Ibrythill__Revised_by_Sonblack_.cab

Guest Gary Crutcher
That's really interesting. I understand that with this type of device the OS needs a RAM pagepool in order to be able to execute ROM code. But is 8 MB a low size for an 'average' user? And what would you loose if you would make it higher than 8 MB?

You will lose some free ram.

Guest ghostly00

Hello Gary.

I am new at this but i have been thorough with my research and reading about flashing new roms etc. So i just patched the nb0 file with 16MB page pool file. Unfortunately after flashing i had a total of 143.35MB program ram with about 75.26MB free. Would that be correct or do i need to do a hard reset after flashing the new rom?

And would a 16MB pagepool be too much for an average user?

I'm on an omnia i8000L btw from bell canada.

Great work on all of it all btw.

Edited by ghostly00

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello Gary.

I am new at this but i have been thorough with my research and reading about flashing new roms etc. So i just patched the nb0 file with 16MB page pool file. Unfortunately after flashing i had a total of 143.35MB program ram with about 75.26MB free. Would that be correct or do i need to do a hard reset after flashing the new rom?

And would a 16MB pagepool be too much for an average user?

I'm on an omnia i8000L btw from bell canada.

Great work on all of it all btw.

Page pool will not affect program storage which should be about 248MB.

If free ram is about 89MB with an 8MB pagepool, it should be about 80-81MB with a 16MB pagepool.

Which version of the rom did you flash?

Guest ghostly00
Page pool will not affect program storage which should be about 248MB.

If free ram is about 89MB with an 8MB pagepool, it should be about 80-81MB with a 16MB pagepool.

Which version of the rom did you flash?

The lastest version 23551.

Yea after a hard reset its now steady at 79.36 free ram which is great.

How do i setup the weather with my location, Ottawa, Ontario , Canada. Tried using my postal code but that didnt work.

Guest Gary Crutcher
The lastest version 23551.

Yea after a hard reset its now steady at 79.36 free ram which is great.

How do i setup the weather with my location, Ottawa, Ontario , Canada. Tried using my postal code but that didnt work.

You have to goto accuweather.com and look it up.

SHould be something like this (Thailand example):

asi|th|th017|bangkok

Guest Gary Crutcher
hi GC,

i am using your JB3, but it promote me that this window mobile will expire on the 5/1/2010

pls advise.

The timebomb patch is removing a registry entry - which has been removed.

It should not expire.

I'm using JC2/23551 with the same timebomb patch and not getting any expiration messages.

Guest quizesilver

hmm i think many other is facing this prob.

not too sure wat is the cause also...

i went to the registry to look.

it is empty but, it says reminder - 1

haha

Guest Terry666

Hi Gary, I've a tricky problem... When I installed my SPB Keyb I tried to register and setup the program as I do but the "Input" option was missing... :(

I did remove the registry value as other people suggested and the option returned... BUT if I use my SPB, when I'm trying to set it up the phone crashes and battery removal is the ONLY solution...

Now I can't use the keyb meaning no second language and easy use of numbers as I use the "Black style" theme... :P :(

ANY idea????

Guest enrico988

Hey Gary, I also thought that timebombing was just deleting registry values, but if you read wes' thread you'll know that we must patch shell32.exe, cause it's situated there the beta limit.

I hope he'll release a patch soon :P

Guest bulderhart
Thank you for the beers! :P

Here is the cab for the Titanium screen.

WM7_Titanium_WVGA_by_Ibrythill__Revised_by_Sonblack_.cab

Thanks! Very happy with the lock screen fix too.

I'm also getting the time bomb notifications (in the middle of the night - wife not happy haha). Has the shell32.exe been patched? Any way of getting rid of these, before I have to sleep on the couch?

Guest thafath

Hi Gary;

First thank you very much for the good job you're doing, very good roms!

I flashed you're last rom (30 mars 2010) with pagepool 16, everything worked perfect, and yesterday, i want to try with pagepool 0, everything is working great except that I have a blank screen when opening emails. I red that this problem came with JC2, and saw this mentioned on some posts, but I can't see how can I fix this.

I'm using (GC_JC2_23551_0PP.nb0|Eboot_I8000HZHJC2_HW_40.eb0|Phone_I8000XXJB2.bin|I8000HTGY

C2.csc), and I did a HS after the flash as always

Can you or somebody give me a hint.

Thank you.

Guest dande

Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix sound hardware keys to launch the volume screens.

I probably did some sort of change and although I press them volume screens do not appear any more.

This has nothing to do with the rom bug or something. It's only me.

I wait if someone knows....

Thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thanks! Very happy with the lock screen fix too.

I'm also getting the time bomb notifications (in the middle of the night - wife not happy haha). Has the shell32.exe been patched? Any way of getting rid of these, before I have to sleep on the couch?

The bytes that need to be patched in shell32.exe have already been patched in build 23551.

I just checked.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hey Gary, I also thought that timebombing was just deleting registry values, but if you read wes' thread you'll know that we must patch shell32.exe, cause it's situated there the beta limit.

I hope he'll release a patch soon :P

See post #370

I will look into it more today.

Guest thafath

Hi Gary;

I saw your post,

Can someone who has installed JC2 Lite, put these files in the \Windows folder and check to make sure email and sms now work properly. Unzip first, please.

email_sms.zip

I tried, didn't fix the problem.

I saw this post too

Ok. Here is a new rom, which I am currently using, which does display the emails/messages and

not just the headers.

Can someone try this?

GC_JC2_Lite_Email_SMS_Fix

It's one zip file. Just flash it and email/sms should work. Been testing for a while now.

But the link is for a complete rom. I don't know if/how to extract the fix from the nb0 and apply it to the current rom (6.5.5 30 mars 2010).

Thank you.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary;

I saw this post too

But the link is for a complete rom. I don't know if/how to extract the fix from the nb0 and apply it to the current rom (6.5.5 30 mars 2010).

Thank you.

It is a complete rom. You have to flash it.

Guest thafath
It is a complete rom. You have to flash it.

Gary, actually I'm using the WM6-5-5 (Updated 30 Mar 2010), and I think the link is for the rom JC2 Lite (21897), correct me if I'm wrong, if I flash this do the result be 6.5.5 or 6.5

Thank you.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary, actually I'm using the WM6-5-5 (Updated 30 Mar 2010), and I think the link is for the rom JC2 Lite (21897), correct me if I'm wrong, if I flash this do the result be 6.5.5 or 6.5

Thank you.

This is the wm6.5.5 forum thread, therefore, the rom posted for 30 mar 2010 is:

JC2/23551 which is a 6.5.5 rom

The rom you are talking about (GC_JC2_Lite_Email_SMS_Fix) is a wm6.5 rom and was posted on a different forum thread.