i8000 Lite ROM WM6-5-5 (Updated 22 Apr 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

You are working on JD1 release, I see! ;)

When do you thing will be released? ;)

What's your impressions so far?

Thank you

Yes, I am working on JD1 Lite (no Samsung today/widgets - will make another rom with Samsung today/widgets)

Will include power options, titanium today screen and m.carroll pureblack 3 theme.

Should be released tomorrow. ;)

This will be posted on a separate 6.5.3 thread, not this 6.5.5 thread.

Similar to 6.5.5 except screens do not overlap menu at bottom which makes for nicer experience.

Guest selcuk666
Yes, I am working on JD1 Lite (no Samsung today/widgets - will make another rom with Samsung today/widgets)

Will include power options, titanium today screen and m.carroll pureblack 3 theme.

Similar to 6.5.5 except screens do not overlap menu at bottom which makes for nicer experience.

Your last rom is realy very good thanks

could you provide titanium today that you used in that rom

thanks again

Guest dande

Yea! That's good news!

Of course lite. It's easier to be added from a cab (today and widgets) for those who like them.

If JD1 would be similar to your lasts 6.5.5. would be perfect.

Btw Power options from sonblack are really ugly.

My humble suggestion is not to follow sonblack's example who customize his roms with various utilities etc.

You should leave people add their own utilities, of their taste.

You are doing a great job in your ROM's with your personal style. That's what people really enjoy.

Thank you

Guest Jeanne8fr

Hello All,

I just flashed "9 April 2010: EURO JC1/23551 Lite version" on my Bell Canada i8000L. I am on AT&T in California. The phone is still trying to connect to Bell.canada.ca for data. I am guessing I need to flash the CSC. How do I know which one?

Thanks,

Jeannette

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello All,

I just flashed "9 April 2010: EURO JC1/23551 Lite version" on my Bell Canada i8000L. I am on AT&T in California. The phone is still trying to connect to Bell.canada.ca for data. I am guessing I need to flash the CSC. How do I know which one?

Thanks,

Jeannette

Bell.canada.ca is not in any of the PDA ROM files I posted.

My guess it would be in the CSC.

Guest Jeanne8fr
Bell.canada.ca is not in any of the PDA ROM files I posted.

My guess it would be in the CSC.

So which csc should i flash?. i am really confused about that. i need US english language.

thanks

jeannette

Guest Gary Crutcher
So which csc should i flash?. i am really confused about that. i need US english language.

thanks

jeannette

I am using the EUR CSC, selecting English (UK), setting Regional Settings to USA date/time formats.

Upon 1st boot (actually 2nd reboot), after Align Screen, you should get a New Sim Card found message.

Select Yes (use it).

If the data connection parameters are not properly set, you may have to manually set them.

As an alternative, Select Start | Settings | Connections |Connections | Mange existing connections

You should see (under number) what data connection access point you are using. You can change this by editing it.

Select Edit | Next

When you get to Access point name, change it to your current provider's access point (check with them first before changing).

Guest Jeanne8fr
I am using the EUR CSC, selecting English (UK), setting Regional Settings to USA date/time formats.

Upon 1st boot (actually 2nd reboot), after Align Screen, you should get a New Sim Card found message.

Select Yes (use it).

If the data connection parameters are not properly set, you may have to manually set them.

As an alternative, Select Start | Settings | Connections |Connections | Mange existing connections

You should see (under number) what data connection access point you are using. You can change this by editing it.

Select Edit | Next

When you get to Access point name, change it to your current provider's access point (check with them first before changing).

OK, I got the Multi CSC file and extracted & flashed the EUR CSC. Everything is great now. Thank you

Jeannette

Guest Jeanne8fr

Hello,

I can't get the programs to close in this rom. I set the 'X' to close programs in the 'buttons' settings but it still doesn't close any programs, just minimizes them.

Any ideas anyone?

Jeannette

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello,

I can't get the programs to close in this rom. I set the 'X' to close programs in the 'buttons' settings but it still doesn't close any programs, just minimizes them.

Any ideas anyone?

Jeannette

It's a known bug.

You may want to check this link out:

XButton

Guest Gary Crutcher
hi...Resco explorer can not send any file via bluetooth!! why? is there any problem with SAMSUNG Omnia II? and is there any solution??

Ok...I'm using windows 7 and at first it didn't work.

Here's what you have to do:

1. On your computer, right mouse click on bluetooth symbol and select receive a file

2. Beam file from mobile

3. Follow prompts on your computer

This worked for me.

BTW: I'm using resco explorer 2010 v8.00

Guest fanasty

Should I replace my current CSC file since it's not the one showed in this thread

My current CSC file is EURJD4

AND What about the PHONE file?

I have one small issue with this ROM. When I send MMS messages it only works for single recipients. When I try to send to more then one number I get a "message cannot be sent" message. Anyone with the same problem?

Guest javed222

i just flashed SB 18 6.5.5 23557 - JD1 custom rom. Is very fast and stable. Is possible a lite or ultra lite version of this rom ? Thanks !!!

Guest hayami.wai

i just installed 23551 + JC2 (ZHJC2 Chinese version) and noticed i can't see chinese characters.

is this because of the csc or rom?

Guest Gary Crutcher
i just flashed SB 18 6.5.5 23557 - JD1 custom rom. Is very fast and stable. Is possible a lite or ultra lite version of this rom ? Thanks !!!

If you want a lite or ultralite version, you should ask Sonblack as you are using his rom.