i8000 Lite ROM WM6-5-5 (Updated 22 Apr 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest jebise
My UL version will have a lot more storage, Samsung Widgets/Today will be removed, etc.

You should have close to 90 MB free. WM6.5.5 seems to be a little memory hog compared to 6.5

yeah i get around 86MB after fresh boot (i dunno why i had to hard reset like 3 times). For your ultra lite i only ask one thing. That you keep the default samsung dialer, phonebook, sms etc all other apps can be removed and maybe have them in cab format for people that may want to install them. I know there are cabs around but they are from older ROMs.

If not provide a way that we can enable the samsung defaults thats the only reason for me not to go to ultralite versions. I maybe thinking like a n00b but i don't understand why so many people want to remove the samsung defaults as there so nice and touch friendly. I can understand they use allot more RAM then winmo defaults but we already have enough RAM so keeping those should not be a problem. Or maybe people are using better dialer, sms apps that i'm not aware of?? coz the winmo ones suck.

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher
yeah i get around 86MB after fresh boot (i dunno why i had to hard reset like 3 times). For your ultra lite i only ask one thing. That you keep the default samsung dialer, phonebook, sms etc all other apps can be removed and maybe have them in cab format for people that may want to install them. I know there are cabs around but they are from older ROMs.

If not provide a way that we can enable the samsung defaults thats the only reason for me not to go to ultralite versions. I maybe thinking like a n00b but i don't understand why so many people want to remove the samsung defaults as there so nice and touch friendly. I can understand they use allot more RAM then winmo defaults but we already have enough RAM so keeping those should not be a problem. Or maybe people are using better dialer, sms apps that i'm not aware of?? coz the winmo ones suck.

They were not removed. <_<

Guest jebise
They were not removed. <_<

YAY, finally a chef with reason, can't wait. Sorry if i'm asking to much but can you provide cabs for some of the apps that you might remove.

Edited by jebise

Guest dande
I posted the original Samsung Power On/Off gifs with the .wav files in Post #2.

Just follow the directions. Very easy to do.

<_<

Gary,

Allow me to contribute and share with you, animated power on /off screens and a welcome screen which I modify it for you.

They suitable for Omnia II and are elegant, and light.

I hope you like them and if you wish include them in your ulite rom.

Power_OnOff.zip

Thanks

Guest xfallen

hey gary im wondering what is the difference in the system when you change the pagepool ??? im experiencing a little bit of lag in the menu or in the phone after i close an installation finished or a program that i just have closed would it be a problem cause by lowering the pagepool or its maybe just my phone ??

thx BTW nice ROM i hope you will continue to do so and mix the Jc1 with the lastest 6.5.5 wm <_<

PS: the phoneoff animation is a bit funny but kind of boring over time ! and would it be possible to erase the factory opera so i can install the new opera 10 beta 3 becoz the other eat up memories for nothing .

Edited by xfallen

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary,

Allow me to contribute and share with you, animated power on /off screens and a welcome screen which I modify it for you.

They suitable for Omnia II and are elegant, and light.

I hope you like them and if you wish include them in your ulite rom.

Power_OnOff.zip

Thanks

Thank you very much.

They are nice. <_<

Guest Gary Crutcher
hey gary im wondering what is the difference in the system when you change the pagepool ??? im experiencing a little bit of lag in the menu or in the phone after i close an installation finished or a program that i just have closed would it be a problem cause by lowering the pagepool or its maybe just my phone ??

thx BTW nice ROM i hope you will continue to do so and mix the Jc1 with the lastest 6.5.5 wm <_<

PS: the phoneoff animation is a bit funny but kind of boring over time ! and would it be possible to erase the factory opera so i can install the new opera 10 beta 3 becoz the other eat up memories for nothing .

Not sure but could be pagepool. Have not noticed it on my phone.

Yes, even I find the power_off animation annoying after a while.

It's getting replaced.

:mellow:

Guest jebise

this ROM is just great, but had to flash back to JB3 6.5 because of the layout bug in 6.5.5 (where it dose not cover the fullscreen and a bar at the top is shown). I wish we knew how to fix it since everything else works great. I used SBP and pointUI and i see a bar which really makes it ugly and was mentioned my another user as well. I really wish we knew how to fix it.

Also i wish opera was removed, since there are many cabs around and i'm using opera 10 anyways

Edited by jebise

Guest Lancez
JB3/23529 UltraLite posted in 1st post.

Enjoy!

<_<

thanks Gary, is titanium the WM one or samsung one?

P.S. did u try the CSC that i posted in JC1 thread? let me know how it gose.

Edited by Lancez

Guest Gary Crutcher
thanks Gary, is titanium the WM one or samsung one?

P.S. did u try the CSC that i posted in JC1 thread? let me know how it gose.

Not sure. I think the WM one.

Not yet, just posted my JB3/23529 Ultralite.

Will download the CSC and try it. Thanks.

Guest Gary Crutcher
thanks again <_<

Uh...like...it's in Chinese.

I did choose English (UK) in Octans.

And yes..the power_on/off was the default Samsung gifs :mellow:

I'll try to flash JB3 CSC and see what happens.

Edited by Gary Crutcher