Returned back my HD2

Guest Tech

First device by HTC I have been unhappy about. I returned my long awaited/excited HD2 within 2 weeks as I was unhappy with what HTC have done.

they have overcomplicated the interface.

The phone calls: when listening to the call, the volume is SO loud, conversations therefore arent private! Yes, the volume was set all the way down to 0, and the system volume down to 20%

<_< was not happy im afraid.

now have to find another WM device......

I cant say I have ever had this problem.

You obviously had a faulty unit.

I am able to turn the call volume down to almost nothing while in a call with the volume hardware buttons.

First device by HTC I have been unhappy about. I returned my long awaited/excited HD2 within 2 weeks as I was unhappy with what HTC have done.

they have overcomplicated the interface.

The phone calls: when listening to the call, the volume is SO loud, conversations therefore arent private! Yes, the volume was set all the way down to 0, and the system volume down to 20%

<_< was not happy im afraid.

now have to find another WM device......

And you think HT sense is over complicated? Are we talking about the same phone as the rest of us here?!

Turn off HT Sense if it really is an issue for you, stick to winmo 6.5 which is a pile of s**t IMHO.

Maybe you are just being too picky, sir.

lol. no, im not being picky at all. i am a developer myself and know what feels comfortable for me, AS A USER. maybe you are much in love with htc sense and maybe you didnt have the issue I have but doesnt mean everyone has the same handset as you.

it seems, you dont have patience or understanding of the device or issues users face but rather ignore it and say that your device is "the" best. sorry but that attitude really doesnt belong here <_<

to confirm the issue, an employee of a client of mine has the same device, long before I got it 2 weeks ago and he has the EXACT same issue.

Edited by Tech

Guest WILBUR
lol. no, im not being picky at all. i am a developer myself and know what feels comfortable for me, AS A USER. maybe you are much in love with htc sense and maybe you didnt have the issue I have but doesnt mean everyone has the same handset as you.

it seems, you dont have patience or understanding of the device or issues users face but rather ignore it and say that your device is "the" best. sorry but that attitude really doesnt belong here <_<

to confirm the issue, an employee of a client of mine has the same device, long before I got it 2 weeks ago and he has the EXACT same issue.

just to even up the debate - I have no issues turning down the earpiece speaker volume to inaudible during a call...

and XNUK didn't claim the HD2 was the best - just that he was surprised to hear someone say that HTC Sense was overcomplicated - compared to the underlying windows mobile interface IMHO it is much simpler. I can't spot any attitude issues - cursing the state of titanium interface is fair game....

anyway - sorry to hear you didn't opt for a replacement.

Some people just come here to vent i think.

You would believe a user of nearly 6 years on this site would be more objective, and respect "IMHO" etc..

If you feel your conversations not private yet have the ability to reduce the volume from maximum to silence with 6 incremental stages, then perhaps the problem is with your hearing?

How simple an interface would you require to meet your needs?

cup-and-string.jpg

Its a shame one of the most advanced handsets ever created doesn't meet your requirements as a consumer, user or developer, but you wont find much agreement here i'm afraid.

All the best.

Edited by XNUK

Guest Maxwell Newton

Just to back up whats been said above...

I can turn the volume down using the hardware buttons until i cannot hear anything at all...

If anything htc sense is too simple, but to even say that you need a slap! HTC sense covers winmo in the best way ive seen, even iphone users have started looking over their shoulders at it cursing under their breath!

Guest andybarker

Today I found the too-loud problem with my HD2, and also managed to find a kind-of-solution.

My problem happened when the volume setting was at the lowest, when I made a call or received a call the volume would be too high. Pressing the volume down button didn't help (as the UI thought it was at the lowest already). However if I pressed UP first, the volume would in fact go down.... then pressing down lowered the volume further. It would seem that the phone is defaulting to a particular volume on first making the call when the volume is at the lowest setting (and perhaps regardless of the setting).

So, if your volume is too high and you can't turn it down - try turning it up first, then down. Odd, but it works for me. Hope they figure this one out and fix it sometime soon.

Guest Maxwell Newton

I had an interesting problem yesterday, i went to make a call and it was VERY loud, in fact it was coming out of the loudspeaker! I tried turning the loud speaker on and obviopusly it made no difference as it was already on... but nothing happened when i turned it off either! A soft reset did the trick <_< Not sure if this is the same issue, but had a soft reset not fixed it i could imagine it is the same issue.

If a soft reset is not working, try a hard reset, or fresh install a new ROM (maybe even the latest stock ROM using MTTY first so make sure you get a clean install).

Guest andybarker

I'd like to update my ROM, but I don't want to do that until I can find a T-Mobile official ROM somewhere first. Only had the phone 2 weeks (feels like much longer, in a nice way).