Paul's up to something...

Guest munkimatt

Guest ermacwins
I've tried BeHero, Villain and defiance and while they are nice to play with, I have restored my nandroid backup of Modaco 3.2b5.

I'm going to wait for an official release to be played with by the Rom Wizards, too many little issues for me with the Eris leaks (Battery, Alarms, lag).

Interestingly though, now that I have had 2.1 on it, the market has started to notify me of updates in the notification bar at the top, which it has never done before.

which one was 'stable'?

Guest Vido.Ardes
which one was 'stable'?

IMHO Vanillian 3.3 is the most stable, but there are all at a point where they have incorporated the smae fixs, theres not a lot between them

Guest Remington Steale
which one was 'stable'?

To be honest they were all fairly stable, no force close issues or reboots for me. Defiance was the best performing for me.

I did make sure to backup and wipe everything before installing (dalvik, ext, phone data) and re-install my apps rather than restore them from a backup, I would avoid restoring settings too.

In fact, I would say backup everything (just in case) with somthing like mybackup but only restore sms, mms, dictionary and call logs. Let Google contacts or exchange contacts synch themselves and if you have the capability backup and wipe your sd card prior to upgrade to avoid issues with any of the stored data on there.

Guest kingkeld
You've just mentioned the main thing that angers me on this forum...it's a tenner guys, relax.

Actually, it is NOT neccessarily a tenner. For me it is first upgrading to ad free, then to plus member - because Paul was working his ass off. After my payment, absolutely NOTHING has happened.

I appreciate his hard work, but I am also ever so slightly annoyed that I became a paying member when nothing new is happening. I am glad I became ad free, I regret the plus membership.

Guest munkimatt
Actually, it is NOT neccessarily a tenner. For me it is first upgrading to ad free, then to plus member - because Paul was working his ass off. After my payment, absolutely NOTHING has happened.

I appreciate his hard work, but I am also ever so slightly annoyed that I became a paying member when nothing new is happening. I am glad I became ad free, I regret the plus membership.

I didn't pay for a ROM, I contributed towards Paul's ongoing costs for running this site.

Guest MoWeb

Don't regret the plus membership (I don't). Paul just added Swype without the beta wait list for Plus members (but I already got in on the beta <_< . He's adding new things for Plus members.

Guest starfarer
To be honest they were all fairly stable, no force close issues or reboots for me.

Agree. I tried 2 eris port and both were very stable for normal day use. The battery drain was no go on earlier versions but now all claimed to have solved it. I'm still on earlier 1.2.3 BeHero but DMAgent removed manually and 3g tweak removed, volume hack . As for Battery drain, I downgraded my radio to 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 and battery drain is no more an issue. I've also noticed on process that newer radio's necessarily doesn't mean any improvements. I'm now getting good signals and "H" icon browsing where before with JU version of radio would struggle to get signal at all (orange UK, location: London). 2 big issues still remains:

1) GPS :at the moment I'm living without it. If you depend on it, forget the upgrade

2) Camera Pics quality are way way worst than on 1.5. I actually found them much better than on reviews with MCR3.0 (compared with my Nokia N82) during daylight. All shots have green tint now.

Despite above 2, I'm not going back on 1.5. Everything feels so much smoother.

Oh on original topic, interesting to see how legend port fare against eris. Hope Paul's racing against time. GL :mellow: . Somekind of video would be worth watching <_<

Edited by starfarer

Guest peterdk
Don't regret the plus membership (I don't). Paul just added Swype without the beta wait list for Plus members (but I already got in on the beta <_< . He's adding new things for Plus members.

+1

I'm ALWAYS up to SOMETHING. :)

P

How is the Legend ROM doing?

Is this like a puzzle to keep you amused until the official Hero 2.1 comes out or do you think it will be useful?