Sat Nav for HD2?

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

I have used Tomtom Nav v6 on my MDA Vario III for many years.

I tried Tomtom v6 on my HD2 and it failed to work. <_< Contacted Tomtom to find out the upgrade options to v7 and was told that I would have to buy the full product!

I have used the Telmap Nav but it's a bit too small to read, which I suspect is that they have not updated it for the HD2.

So.. my next step is to find a good sat nav for my HD2 - at a reasonable costs! Bonus if it's free.

Can anyone recommend one? What do you use?

Thanks,

Guest rameses

Your HD2 should have a trial version of CoPilot installed (at least mine did). It's pretty good and is very finger friendly compared to the version of TT I had on my Diamond. The trial lasts for 15 days and if you want to upgrade to a full version it's only £27, which is a bargain, I think TT is nearly twice the price.

The version of Copilot is a special one though and is integrated into the 'Footsteps' and 'Navipanel' apps on the HD2, so you do have to buy the special upgrade version rather than the usual version. This might mean you can't migrate it to a different phone at a later date, but as I've not tried I'm not totally sure.

Guest tsutton

Thanks. The CoPilot Live v8 on my HD2 is failing to work after selecting a voice during the setup, so I'm not sure why. Might give it a hard reset and see how I get on with it.

I assume I'm better off with buying the full CoPilot Live v8 product and install on top of the existing HD2's version of CoPilot Live v8 install? I don't use the Footstep/Navipanel apps.

Guest rameses
Thanks. The CoPilot Live v8 on my HD2 is failing to work after selecting a voice during the setup, so I'm not sure why. Might give it a hard reset and see how I get on with it.

I assume I'm better off with buying the full CoPilot Live v8 product and install on top of the existing HD2's version of CoPilot Live v8 install? I don't use the Footstep/Navipanel apps.

As I understand it (and to be honest the CoPilot Website is a bit hard to follow on this) you can buy the 'regular' version of v8 and install it on the HD2. This will remove the customisations into Footsteps and Navipanel, but will allow you to use the CoPilot Central desktop software to manage the app (it can manage favourites, POIs, GPS tracks, maps). If you install the HD2 version you get the customisations on the phone but the CoPilot central software apparently doesn't work with it. Also I believe that the Text to Speech and Live Info add ons only work with the regular version.

Confused? I am!

Guest tsutton

Thanks. I also saw this from their website:

I have an HTC HD2 smartphone. Can I install the latest version of CoPilot?

The HTC HD2 is preinstalled with a custom version of CoPilot Live v8. This is specifically designed to integrate with certain features of the HD2, for example the Footprints application and Car Kit mode. The standard version of CoPilot Live v8 does not support these features. Customers wishing to remove the preinstalled version of CoPilot Live and install the standard version of CoPilot Live v8 on an HD2 do so at their own risk.

I have an HTC HD2 smartphone, Am I able to purchase Premium Live services and TTS?

Premium Live Services and TTS are not currently compatible with the custom version of CoPilot Live v8 that is pre-installed on the HTC HD2. We do hope to be able to make Premium Live Services available for the pre-installed version of v8 for HD2 in the future via www.copilotlive.com/htc.

I do want to use the Premium Live Services and it's not supported at all from the HD2's install of CoPilot.

Looks like I will have to remove it before installing the full version of CoPilot! Why are they making this harder for us?

Guest rameses
Thanks. I also saw this from their website:

I do want to use the Premium Live Services and it's not supported at all from the HD2's install of CoPilot.

Looks like I will have to remove it before installing the full version of CoPilot! Why are they making this harder for us?

To add to the misery, the HD2's version is embedded in the ROM somewhere so can't be easily uninstalled.

Guest tsutton
To add to the misery, the HD2's version is embedded in the ROM somewhere so can't be easily uninstalled.

True, but you can do so with cooked ROM. <_<

Guest john66

Does anyone Kown how to add POIS to CoPilot?

My trial will end in 2 days and I want to add some pois from pocket gps world. I have put the OV2 files in the CoPilot/save file as it says on the CoPilot help pages, but cant see them.

Guest tsutton

After adding it, you will need to close & reopen CoPilot before you can see it. Then it will start the import wizard and go from there.

Guest Maxwell Newton

If you want to save space, just delete all the copilot files from your memory and remove all shortcuts, its like it was never there <_<

Guest tsutton

The more I read into CoPilot v8, the more I don't want to buy this. :/

Mostly because it's buggy, the route planner takes you to longer routes rather than takng the best route even when you tell it to do so. And poor tech support (which I can confirm as I sent them an email last week, still no reply!)

Looks like I might be better staying with Tomtom and get v7 which works for HD2.

Guest tsutton
Does anyone Kown how to add POIS to CoPilot?

My trial will end in 2 days and I want to add some pois from pocket gps world. I have put the OV2 files in the CoPilot/save file as it says on the CoPilot help pages, but cant see them.

I am now at the point where I am seeing the same issue as you... turned out that the CoPilot that came with HD2 is the special version and currently the POIs imports are "broken" with no ETA for a fix. But it will be fixed "in the next update" which I think has been ongoing since last Sept '09. Same with the QWERTY keypad which will be put back on... again no ETA.

That's for v8.0.0.457 on HTC HD2.

Annoying...

Guest john66

Mostly because it's buggy, the route planner takes you to longer routes rather than takng the best route even when you tell it to do so. And poor tech support (which I can confirm as I sent them an email last week, still no reply!)

Looks like I might be better staying with Tomtom and get v7 which works for HD2.

I thought I May have been doing something wrong when installing the pois. Thanks for the info.

I think I may stay with Tomtom also, I have tt7 on my Diamond.

I sent Copilot an email on wednesday morning and still no reply.

Guest tsutton
I sent Copilot an email on wednesday morning and still no reply.

They've told me that're VERY backlogged with e-mails. I got better chance of them answering my questions via Twitter so if you use Twitter, ask them via it and you'll get a reply quicker! <_<

They're @copilotsupport

Good luck.

Guest strebge
I have used Tomtom Nav v6 on my MDA Vario III for many years.

I tried Tomtom v6 on my HD2 and it failed to work. <_< Contacted Tomtom to find out the upgrade options to v7 and was told that I would have to buy the full product!

I have used the Telmap Nav but it's a bit too small to read, which I suspect is that they have not updated it for the HD2.

So.. my next step is to find a good sat nav for my HD2 - at a reasonable costs! Bonus if it's free.

Can anyone recommend one? What do you use?

Thanks,

Why don't you give Nav N Go Igo8 or Navigon MN7 a try. I've installed MN7 and it seems to work pretty well.

Guest tsutton
Why don't you give Nav N Go Igo8 or Navigon MN7 a try. I've installed MN7 and it seems to work pretty well.

Thanks for that. I have downloaded Navigon for a 30 days trial. Will give it a test this week.

However I can't find anything for the Nav N Go Igo8 - do you know if they do a 30 days trial or some sort?

• 3 months later...
Guest ibe6ube9

im using garmin...has quite good maps (australia) and it works good. i used to use tt on my other phones but i find garmin much better