unlocked i617 on Rogers - wm 6.1

Guest edogwv

Guest edogwv

Hi all,

I recently updated to WM 6.1 on an unlocked AT&T Rogers i617 and plugged in the below settings for Rogers network-

connections - gprs

connects to - The internet

access point: internet.com

User name: wapuser1

password: wap

authentication: none

primary and secondary dns - 0.0.0.0

ip address - 208.200.067.150

I tested here in the US with a Rogers Sim and everything was working great. The user I sent the phone to reports back that the data connection isn't working for her while in Canada now. - She gets the message "the remote party has ended connection"

there were 3 other connections setup that are currently locked ( Media net, etc ) ...

What am I missing here to get the Data connection working again on the Rogers network?

Thanks in advance-

Guest Sinjon
Hi all,

I recently updated to WM 6.1 on an unlocked AT&T Rogers i617 and plugged in the below settings for Rogers network-

connections - gprs

connects to - The internet

access point: internet.com

User name: wapuser1

password: wap

authentication: none

primary and secondary dns - 0.0.0.0

ip address - 208.200.067.150

I tested here in the US with a Rogers Sim and everything was working great. The user I sent the phone to reports back that the data connection isn't working for her while in Canada now. - She gets the message "the remote party has ended connection"

there were 3 other connections setup that are currently locked ( Media net, etc ) ...

What am I missing here to get the Data connection working again on the Rogers network?

Thanks in advance-

Maybe some of this info will help:

http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17027

Guest edogwv

Thanks for the link.. I got the above settings from Rogers not too long ago, so Im pretty sure my above settings has the correct info... was thinking more along the lines that something else might have needed hacked on the i617 w/ WM 6.1 to get it going 100 percent..

Good news though - The user reports things are working again now after going under SETTINGS - CONNECTIONS and pressing the menu key... Then changing the connections back to either automatic or the Rogers connection that I had origionally setup.

Now I just wonder if after a reboot of the phone these settings will default back to what they were.. ? I'll update the thread if this does happen-

Anyone else with an ATT unlocked i617 running WM 6.1 using it with Rogers care to share any info?

Thanks again-