Which recovery is best?

Guest linuxluver

Guest linuxluver

I've been using Lickonn's v0.31 recovery with 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1 on my Liquid and it seems to backup and restore OK.

But I now have LCR v1.1.1 on my phone and I've found that Lickonn's recovery fails to successfully do a nandroid backup. I'm not happy with that.

Malez recovery v0.21 claims to be able to successfully backup and restore on both Android 1.6 and Android 2.1. I may test that tonight if I have time.

What do others think? Have you tried both? Any others? Which do you recommend?

Thanks. :-)

Guest Squide
I've been using Lickonn's v0.31 recovery with 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1 on my Liquid and it seems to backup and restore OK.

But I now have LCR v1.1.1 on my phone and I've found that Lickonn's recovery fails to successfully do a nandroid backup. I'm not happy with that.

Malez recovery v0.21 claims to be able to successfully backup and restore on both Android 1.6 and Android 2.1. I may test that tonight if I have time.

What do others think? Have you tried both? Any others? Which do you recommend?

Thanks. :-)

Just stay on 1.6 til the release of offical 2.1

Guest Borkata
it might not be a choice of "best", but "most suitable" as malez's one is aim for eclair while lickonn's is for donuts

+1 <_< Agree with you.

Guest linuxluver
it might not be a choice of "best", but "most suitable" as malez's one is aim for eclair while lickonn's is for donuts

If I can have multi-touch in the dolphin browser, I'll wait for 2.1.

I think disc0 has an overclocked, multi-touch kernel for 1.6 I should be looking for right now. :-)

Also....I used Malez recovery to restore a nandroid backup of 1.6 made with Lickonn's recovery...and it worked perfectly.