Black boxes in some games

Guest toxen

Guest toxen

Hi,

I get graphic bugs in some games, not all, but some. I'm currently using 2.000.16.

The games I'm having problems with now is Replica Island, Milky Milky and Speedx 3D but I've seen the same very same behavior in more game titles.

The problem does not appear in any of the 2.1 ROMs and I've tried to uncheck Compatibility Mode in Spare Parts with no luck.

Does anyone else have this problem in some games? What can I do about it?

Thanks

Guest Uxian
Does anyone else have this problem in some games? What can I do about it?

I've had a similar issue with is Speed Forge 3D. Any OpenGL ES surface in the game is just completely black with a 1.6 ROM but works perfectly with ACR 1.8. No idea how to fix it I'm afraid though.

Guest Borkata

I think you cannot do anything <_< Maybe because games to work on Enclair some modifications are done to the functions used in the code to use more recent from the latest SDK, so they are 100% compatible with the latest and start causing problems with the older versions of the os :mellow:

Guest Andy__P

Hm unchecking compatibility mode in spare parts fixed most issues for me on 1.6.

I assume you have restarted your phone after changing the compatibility!? That's the only thing i could think of now.

Well i didn't try all the games you listed but for example Flight Director worked for me then

Guest vache

Eclair version have a "egl" directory in etc with somes libs, that donut doesn't have. Not sure that Donut is fully compatible with OpenGL ES.

Guest Uxian
Eclair version have a "egl" directory in etc with somes libs, that donut doesn't have. Not sure that Donut is fully compatible with OpenGL ES.

OpenGL ES 1 has been included since API version 1 according to the docs so it should work in Donut. It's quite possible that Acer included some faulty or stubbed drivers in their 1.6 firmware versions however.