How to restore your Nexus One to shipping Rom on mac os x

Guest jameson215

Guest MingoChang

Download an Android SDK from google and unzip it, then shutdown your phone, and press the trackball and the power key together to boot into fastboot mode. Plug in your USB cable, and open Terminal.app of your Mac OS X (Applications, Utilities, Terminal), type "cd" (followed by a space and no enter key pressed), drag the folder of your SDK into the terminal window, press enter. Type the command "cd tools" to navigate into the tools folder of your SDK. Use "./fastboot devices" to check if your phone has been recognized by your Mac, if so, then type "./fastboot flash recovery" (followed by a space, no enter key pressed), drag the original recovery image into the terminal window, press enter. Wait for a moment, then you'll get the original recovery image flashed on your phone.

I'm not a native English speaker. If you can't understand the passage above, I must say sorry...

Guest jameson215
Download an Android SDK from google and unzip it, then shutdown your phone, and press the trackball and the power key together to boot into fastboot mode. Plug in your USB cable, and open Terminal.app of your Mac OS X (Applications, Utilities, Terminal), type "cd" (followed by a space and no enter key pressed), drag the folder of your SDK into the terminal window, press enter. Type the command "cd tools" to navigate into the tools folder of your SDK. Use "./fastboot devices" to check if your phone has been recognized by your Mac, if so, then type "./fastboot flash recovery" (followed by a space, no enter key pressed), drag the original recovery image into the terminal window, press enter. Wait for a moment, then you'll get the original recovery image flashed on your phone.

I'm not a native English speaker. If you can't understand the passage above, I must say sorry...

This is the arror.. I'm getting c-68-81-197-105:desktop jameson$ ./fastboot-mac flash recovery /Users/jameson/Desktop/22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-images.zip

sending 'recovery' (79060 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))

Guest bobtentpeg
This is the arror.. I'm getting c-68-81-197-105:desktop jameson$ ./fastboot-mac flash recovery /Users/jameson/Desktop/22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-images.zip

sending 'recovery' (79060 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))

You'll need to unzip it and flash the recovery.img

Guest xkonni
Every time i try unzipping it.. i get a .cpgz file extension...

i can not recall how often this was explained here before, but... anyway.

go to this thread

download ERD79 - image Format

now you got 2 ways of doing this.

first - flashes the entire package

copy that file to /sdcard/PASSIMG.zip

reboot to bootloader

press power once, wait a moment, press vol-

the phone should ask if you want to flash the image, accept, wait till it finishes completely.

second flash only what you want

unzip the file, find those .img files inside, reboot phone to bootloader and flash the ones you want with fastboot.

(hint: i think you want boot, radio, recovery, system, userdata)

so thats

fastboot flash boot boot.img

• 1 month later...
Guest ingook
Every time i try unzipping it.. i get a .cpgz file extension...

why don't you try 'unzip' command on terminal?

In a terminal window (at the directory you unzipped fastboot.zip), type unzip and space, then drag the zip file into terminal window, then press enter.

It will help you.

(Sorry for my poor english.)

Guest Droid800

The files hosted here are no good for doing a direct restore of all aspects of the N1. (including recovery) They're missing the necessary files.

Here's the one I used. Save this in a safe place, because this took me an hour to find.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2907839/Google-Nex...usine-ERD79.zip

Since you have already rooted, I assume you're familiar with how to use terminal, fastboot, etc.

Here are step by step instructions on how to restore:

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Operating-Sy.../292051#U292051

You basically flash the images one by one, and then reboot. You will then have to update to 2.1 update 1. To do this type this on your phone's dialer: *#*#2432546#*#* . Once you do that, you will get a notification saying 'Checkin success', and it should then prompt as an update being available. Download it, reboot, and your phone is unrooted.

If you have any problems, you're not doing it right. If so, post here and I'll try to help.