[SOLVED]cooking: mms problem

Guest thekevster

Guest thekevster

i've noticed with all the roms that i have been cooking that mms is not working. i never recieve any mms even when i know that someone has sent one to me, and i cannot create a new mms. when i try to create a new mms nothing happens. if any chefs know of a fix or a patch, i really need your help.

i've tried 23518, 23541, 23542, 28223, 28230, and 28232 but all have the same problem.

also, i'm using the minimal OEM posted here in the forum if that affects anything.

Edited by thekevster

Guest NilsE

On most ROM's I have cooked MMS does not work without a network setting, especially the 235xx rom's. Go into your MMS inbox and go to MMS settings at the bottom of the options drop down. Then go to profiles and either select or create a profile and set data connection to Data Network Connect.

Here is the reg edit I put in my personal reg file if it helps

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Profiles\MMS]

"GPRS Profile Name"="Data Network Connect"

"Data Connections"=""

"Proxy"=dword:00000000

"IP Address"=""

"Port"=dword:00000000

"Readonly"=dword:00000000

"MMSC URL"="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Default Profiles\MMS]

"Readonly"=dword:00000000

"Port"=dword:00000000

"IP Address"=""

"Proxy"=dword:00000000

"GPRS Profile Name"="Broadband Access"

"Data Connections"="MMS"

"MMSC URL"="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings]

"Connection"="MMS"

"Send Delivery Report"=dword:00000000

"Send Read Report"=dword:00000000

"Delivery Report"=dword:00000000

"Read Reply Report"=dword:00000000

Guest waremike32

You may be missing something in your OEM too. Try adding the reg Nils posted. If that doesn't work, you'll have to check your SYS & OEM for something missing.

Heh, too quick for me Nils. <_<

Edited by waremike32

Guest thekevster

thanks! i'll try it out.

is there a specific rgu file i would need to place that reg setting in, or could i just use notepad and save as .txt then rename to .reg and insert as an OEM/EXT?

Guest NilsE
thanks! i'll try it out.

is there a specific rgu file i would need to place that reg setting in, or could i just use notepad and save as .txt then rename to .reg and insert as an OEM/EXT?

You could put it in the .RGU file in your OEM - OEM_Lang_0409 folder

You are however better having a personal EXT named something like zzzzzzmine with a .dat and .reg file in it. By the way, the zzzz makes sure it runs last and overides any other similar reg entries.

Create the app.dat file with just the following lines in it

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;Created by ervius packages creator-v2: Package: SDK Resource Proxy 1_0_19132627_WAlien

;END Package: SDK Resource Proxy 1_0_19132627_WAlien

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THEN an app.reg with whatever reg entries you want with REGEDIT4 at the top followed by, for example, the reg entries I posted above.

Make sure they are saved in UNICODE

@Waremike: what do you think is missing in the OEM because I had to do the manual profile to make it work then exported the reg to cook it in.

Edited by NilsE

Guest NilsE
Anywhere in the OEM is probably fine, but my personal preference is to add all of my reg edits to my personal EXT package.

You got ahead of me this time

Guest thekevster
You could put it in the .RGU file in your OEM - OEM_Lang_0409 folder

You are however better having a personal EXT named something like zzzzzzmine with a .dat and .reg file in it. By the way, the zzzz makes sure it runs last and overides any other similar reg entries.

Create the app.dat file with just the following lines in it

;Created by ervius packages creator-v2: Package: SDK Resource Proxy 1_0_19132627_WAlien

;END Package: SDK Resource Proxy 1_0_19132627_WAlien

AND THEN an app.reg with whatever reg entries you want with REGEDIT4 at the top followed by, for example, the reg entries I posted above.

Make sure they are saved in UNICODE

@Waremike: what do you think is missing in the OEM because I had to do the manual profile to make it work then exported the reg to cook it in.

i managed to get it to work using the reg entry provided and copying a few of the files from the stock OEM_Apps folder along with the regedit. i compared the minimal OEM with the stock and noticed that there were 8 files in the stock that had mms in the name and 6 files in the minimal with mms so i just copied the 8 files over to the kitchen.

thanks guys! <_<

Guest NilsE
i managed to get it to work using the reg entry provided and copying a few of the files from the stock OEM_Apps folder along with the regedit. i compared the minimal OEM with the stock and noticed that there were 8 files in the stock that had mms in the name and 6 files in the minimal with mms so i just copied the 8 files over to the kitchen.

thanks guys! <_<

That makes sense. There are 8 with MMS in the name in my minimal OEM also which explains why I just need the reg edits to work on mine..

Guest NilsE
It's been so long since I trimmed my OEM, I honestly don't remember what broke it. I think maybe the CDMACSP.exe & startup lnk.

And the answer is:

Need to have the CDMACSP.exe in the windows folder and a shortcut to it in \Windows\StartUp

It does not matter what the name of the shortcut is but the original name is LargeDelay_CDMACSP. From what I gather it does, it restores all the connection settings to the WZW settings. Essentially it does the same as the reg I posted but for all connections not just MMS. So, either the reg or the shortcut will solve the problem.

I have the exe in my oem but not the shortcut so I am going to go back to the shortcut option so I can get rid of the reg for future compatibility.

Guest bd177

It seems that when you go to create a new mms message and then hit 'Menu' ->'Add Recpients' -> 'Contacts' nothing happens.

The Contacts picker doesn't open.

Guest thekevster

i'm able to receive mms now and i'm able to create mms, but i always get connection failed when i try to send and the ones i recieve are always blank. any ideas?

Guest NilsE
i'm able to receive mms now and i'm able to create mms, but i always get connection failed when i try to send and the ones i recieve are always blank. any ideas?

Rename the attached to .reg and apply it then soft reset. It should fix all the send receive MMS problems.

MMS_Settings.txt

Guest thekevster
Rename the attached to .reg and apply it then soft reset. It should fix all the send receive MMS problems.

still getting connection failed when trying to send mms <_<

Guest thekevster

i'm an idiot. just had to go to mms inbox then go to mms options and editing the mms profile. apparently no connection was set by default under data connections so i had to select broadband access from the drop down box. now everything is working fine. now all i need to do is learn how to cook in m2d and touchflo detacher so i can cook up so flotanium roms :)