Apps for Android/Liquid + cant find silicon cover?

Guest peterx666

Guest peterx666

Am getting a Liquid - looks good from the specification - anyone any suggestions as to things to watch - or must have apps to load????

I also wanted a Silicone case (the ones that cover the edges and back of the phone but leave the screen free) but cant find one - does anyone know who sells them? (tried Ebay but no joy)

Any comments would be helpful as I am new to all this

Pete <_<

Guest Quipeace

Well, I use DocumentsToGo alot at school(*cough*full*cough*google*cough*) and autokiller helps increasing battery life. Abduction and "Target Tap Frenzy" are great games in my opinion, "2 player reaction" is great as well.

Just browse trough the market, just download what you think you might like <_<.

Guest 7G HK

Just to share my experience.

If you want to protect your mobile not to be scratched, you're going to the wrong way because dusts(or hard particles, whatever) hiding between cover and mobile does scratch your phone.

Guest Quipeace

Well, I've been carrying my phone in my pocket for the last two weeks and no scratches yet (the screen is facing me if that matters). Just be careful when you put it in your pocket as the edge might scratch it.

The screen itself is remarkably scratch resistant <_<

Guest Piter1225

Must have is good calendar widget - I love Pure calrndar, good RSS, nav software, good task app - Astrid, file manager - Astro, Root Explorer, task manager - Adv. Task Killer is good imho.

Games I like: abduction, labirynth

Edited by Piter1225

Guest Uxian

Like any PC, handheld, UMPC, PDA or whatever there's no must-have app for everyone; it depends on your purpose. My most used app is the Smooth Calendar Widget as I sync my Google calendar with Outlook and it allows me to see my next 3 meetings at a glance. Not fancy or clever, just useful.

I don't always agree with their choices but the Androinica blog runs a regular feature on interesting apps in various categories that might be worth a look:

http://androinica.com/tag/androidapps/

Guest Andy__P

Must haves for me are. Beautiful widgets, pure grid calendar, Quick settings, Handcent sms, Volume control, ES Task manager, Logcat live wallpaper <_<

Guest peterx666
Well, I use DocumentsToGo alot at school(*cough*full*cough*google*cough*) and autokiller helps increasing battery life. Abduction and "Target Tap Frenzy" are great games in my opinion, "2 player reaction" is great as well.

Just browse trough the market, just download what you think you might like :).

Thanks Quipeace....... thats really helpful

Will google a couple of these and try them - thanks for your recommendations

Pete

;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peterx666
Like any PC, handheld, UMPC, PDA or whatever there's no must-have app for everyone; it depends on your purpose. My most used app is the Smooth Calendar Widget as I sync my Google calendar with Outlook and it allows me to see my next 3 meetings at a glance. Not fancy or clever, just useful.

I don't always agree with their choices but the Androinica blog runs a regular feature on interesting apps in various categories that might be worth a look:

http://androinica.com/tag/androidapps/

will try this out

Still missing a Silicone cover.....

Pete

:)

Guest peterx666
will try this out

Still missing a Silicone cover.....

Pete

:P

Still missing a cover but new apps I have tried that seem good.....

Seem Good

Newspapers

TV Guide

Unit Convertor

Touch Timer

Tube Download

Places directory

Norwegian weather forcasating good for uk

Astro file manager

OI file manager

Advanced Task Manager

Not so good

All the language translation ones - they cant pronounce a language except english

all the voice to text Apps none work and just create gobble do gook (cant train them to voice)

All the shopping bar code type readers iffy reading and then they cant find anything!!

Pete

:(

Guest peterx666

Why dont the voice to text Apps on Android Work?

There does not seem to be any way of training them to your voice and all of them are rubbish and give you gibberish most of the time

Shame really - it would be useful

Pete :(

Have an Acer Liquid running 1.6

Still looking for a silicone cover..... :P