Liquid Freezes, No Camera, No Rumble

Guest TokyoDrift

Guest TokyoDrift

Hello,

I hope you can help me. I got my liquid like 1 month ago and it worked great. But now suddenly the rumble thing doesn't work anymore, the camera doesn't work anymore (Process com.android.camera was closed unexpected) and the worst thing is, it freezes all the time. Somtimes it works again after some seconds, sometimes it takes like 2 minutes, then the ANDROID screen comes (not the thing that says ACER with the little androids around but the thing that says ANDROID) and then it loads the user interface again, sometimes it doesn't work at all.

I have Build Nr: Acer_Liquid_1.008.00_EMEA_GEN1, Baseband-Version: A1-01.07.01

Since I already sent it to acer once bc the headphone jack was broken (it took 6 weeks to get it back!) I don't want to send it in again. Could the errors be fixed by re-flashing the full firmware/rom whatever? how would i do that without loosing my warranty? is it a hardware error (when booting the phone it doesn't rumble either)?

please help me, I spent my christmas money on that thing and now it's broken twice already!? >.<

thanks

TD

Oh, Resetting the settings doesn't help me.

Edited by TokyoDrift

Guest Scsiborg

Hi are you running completely stock? or have you changed to a custom ROM. Dont worry there are lots of options open to you, i promise you the acer liquid is a great little phone and one of us will help you getting it working properly.

One thing to remember though is that the liquid is a very delecate phone, if this is a hardware problem you may have to speak with acer. Has the phone been dropped at any time?

in reference to your reflashing question then yes - this may well fix your problems. You will need the acer download tool and the correct rom bin file. Its quite easy. Load the tool with the phone connected to your pc, select the bin file and click start. DO NOT unplug the phone, wait for the download tool to tell you its fine to remove the cable. It takes about 5/10 minutes.

Edited by Scsiborg

Guest TokyoDrift

yeah I'm running stock, right because for some reason I already thought this thing won't last too long...

once, some time ago, the phone dropped into some snow but it didn't seem to harm it...it just went on running like nothing happened...and now suddenly it stops working... >.<

I can't be sure that this is no hardware failure but I doubt it's caused by the drop...

well, if the rumble thing in the beginning is caused by the bootloader it's a hardware failure, it it's caused by the firmware it could be software, right?

but the freezing thing, I mean, if there was something broken it wouldn't work at all and not just for some seconds mhm?

TD

where can i find the rom? I already have an Acer download tool, it says "ACER Download Tool [intra][single] v3.100 (2009.10.27)"

Edited by TokyoDrift

Guest Scsiborg
yeah I'm running stock, right because for some reason I already thought this thing won't last too long...

once, some time ago, the phone dropped into some snow but it didn't seem to harm it...it just went on running like nothing happened...and now suddenly it stops working... >.<

I can't be sure that this is no hardware failure but I doubt it's caused by the drop...

well, if the rumble thing in the beginning is caused by the bootloader it's a hardware failure, it it's caused by the firmware it could be software, right?

TD

To be honest i would take advantage of your warranty and insist on a replacemt, dropping it in snow probaly caused water ingress, maybe try a reflash first if that dosent get you anywhere i suggest you get it swapped. I have had no such issues with my phone and ive had it for a while now.

You can get the rom from the acer website

Edited by Scsiborg

Guest teunke99

but the freezing thing, I mean, if there was something broken it wouldn't work at all and not just for some seconds mhm?

TD

where can i find the rom? I already have an Acer download tool, it says "ACER Download Tool [intra][single] v3.100 (2009.10.27)"

My previous Liquid didn't survive contact with snow either and I had the same thing with the camera at first. Had to buy another one, and luckily could claim the broken one with my insurance. If I were you I would contact Acer for warranty.

This really is the build quality of the liquid. During skiing my friends iphones and blackberries had no problems at all, my liquid couldn't handle the moist. But then again: it's half the price.

GL

Edited by teunke99

Guest TokyoDrift
My previous Liquid didn't survive contact with snow either and I had the same thing with the camera at first. Had to buy another one, and luckily could claim the broken one with my insurance. If I were you I would contact Acer for warranty.

This really is the build quality of the liquid. During skiing my friends iphones and blackberries had no problems at all, my liquid couldn't handle the moist. But then again: it's half the price.

GL

that sounds baaad...

._.

I hope they repair it/give me a new one

I'll try updating the rom...

TD

Guest TokyoDrift

a friend of mine jumped into a lake with his phone running in his poket

the phone stopped running immidiately, after two days it worked like before again... ._.

update in progress...

TD

EDIT: update succesfull - errors still exist...I hate this...

Edited by TokyoDrift

Guest Scsiborg

the phone stopped running immidiately, after two days it worked like before again... ._.

update in progress...

TD

oh im sorry to hear that tokyo - i think you need to speak with acer - insist on a replacement

Guest linuxluver

update in progress...

TD

Did you flash the same ROM?

Maybe try flashing a later one (2.000.16 EMEA GEN1). That may fix these issues if they are bugs.

If the issues are hardware, then it won't...and you can flash back to stock and try to return for warranty....while saving to buy a new phone.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest TokyoDrift
Did you flash the same ROM?

Maybe try flashing a later one (2.000.16 EMEA GEN1). That may fix these issues if they are bugs.

If the issues are hardware, then it won't...and you can flash back to stock and try to return for warranty....while saving to buy a new phone.

I flashed the latest rom available on Acers website

TD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TokyoDrift

Hey,

I sent my Liquid to Acer. Two weeks later I got a new phone - a F900! Without battery or anything. They obviously changed the phones by accident. However, tomorrow UPS comes and takes the F900 back to Acer. This sucks. I have no idea where my liquid is.

TD