THE Black Theme

Guest joža

Guest joža

So, two days ago i flashed KC's 6.1 rom because i was getting tired of lag in latest 6.5.3 roms..

but i didn't like the theme, and i found DiamondQVGA theme (i believe you all know it) that i liked, but i wanted it to be even more black...

so, i merged that and AMOLED theme (omniaII) and it came up for black lovers..

hope you like it, i believe there is still some of 6.1 users around. it will work with original ssamsung rom too..

just copi the .tsk file from zip and run it on your omnia <_<

!!!! read THIS if you have problems !!!!!

EDIT: for theme removal, click on above link and download themehard. copy it to your device(the best is /Windows, but others work also), and select Theme in your today settings. You'll get your look back, so softreset and do whatever you want with your other themes. you can also delete mine if you wish :mellow:

post-471552-1268587949_thumb.jpg

post-471552-1268587963_thumb.jpg

BlackTheme.zip

Edited by joža

Guest leap_ahead
So, two days ago i flashed KC's 6.1 rom because i was getting tired of lag in latest 6.5.3 roms..

but i didn't like the theme, and i found DiamondQVGA theme (i believe you all know it) that i liked, but i wanted it to be even more black...

hope you like it, i believe there is still some of 6.1 users around. it will work with original ssamsung rom too..

thank you very much

Guest lupus_hegemonia

OUAAAAAAAAOU!!!!!

You made my day, mate!!!!

That was EXACTLY what I was looking for, about 4-6 months by now!!!

TRIBUTE to you, m8! Well done!

A FINE reason... to "cook" BACK the KC's 6.1 build 21001 (from OMNIA II)!!!

Well done, again!

Guest jms2367

just copi the .tsk file from zip and run it on your omnia :mellow:

thanks for this. really appreciate it. <_<

Guest joža

thanks for these kind replys <_<

and if you are a good noticer you will find that actual theme is more gray, i added fully black buttons later, in this one they are kinda black. you can fix it with sktools if you like..(tweaks->colors->button color)

well, I read some references on msdn and now i can make top and bottom bar in any color... but black is still te best for me :mellow:

@lupus...

Well i tought about recooking 21001 for very long time. Using this theme, 21054(newest)SYS and added keyboard, maybe even M2D and some widely used apps... but i'm not really good at cooking.. and i made some roms of my own but i don't belive they're up to OCK,PDhee or ryrzy's roms, by any term. So maybe with someone experienced in cooking help, why not. I look foward to that :(

Guest jms2367

@joža,

i just loaded your black theme and it is wonderful.

i noticed though under personal settings, the colors are reversed. the background is still white. for the rest of the menu, the background is black which is really great. kindly see posted screen shots below. btw, i am still on the original DXIA5 rom at the moment.

again thanks for this theme. <_<

post-624222-1268601635_thumb.jpg

post-624222-1268601645_thumb.jpg

Guest joža
@joža,

i just loaded your black theme and it is wonderful.

i noticed though under personal settings, the colors are reversed. the background is still white. for the rest of the menu, the background is black which is really great. kindly see posted screen shots below. btw, i am still on the original DXIA5 rom at the moment.

again thanks for this theme. <_<

did you soft reset after applying it? it didn't work for me too first time...

Guest jms2367
did you soft reset after applying it? it didn't work for me too first time...

yes it did the trick. i also have white background under the personal settings menu. it did not solve on minor thing though, the text in some apps which are written in black affected by the theme does not show. example is when using ms myphone, the what's new screen text does not show up..

but this is minor only and i am sticking to this theme. thanks... <_<

post-624222-1268604259_thumb.jpg

Guest lupus_hegemonia
@lupus...

Well i tought about recooking 21001 for very long time. Using this theme, 21054(newest)SYS and added keyboard, maybe even M2D and some widely used apps... but i'm not really good at cooking.. and i made some roms of my own but i don't belive they're up to OCK,PDhee or ryrzy's roms, by any term. So maybe with someone experienced in cooking help, why not. I look foward to that <_<

Well... to me, the BEST rom would be, a NEWEST build of that "hacked" OMNIA II rom "fixed" to be used by us (the i900 users)... with TOTAL BLACK skin, "pre-installed" the S2U2 (the 6.1s needs a fine lockscreen solution like this one), with the ABSOLUTLY NECESSARY apps only... with BT fixed... with the BEST GPS locking... the BEST battery life... without ANY UI (better for each one of us, to deside which one we like)... a TRUE "hacked OMNIA II" new ULTRA LITE build for i900!!!!!!

That's my dream for the ultimate rom...

If I ever could have that rom's option, I would... disappeared from every mobile forum, because I wouldn't care anymore for any other rom, no matter what!!!!

Gee, "joza".... You really made my day!

You better start trying to "communicate"/"contact" with some good "cookers", to give you a hand for your try. WHY DON'T you try to contact with KC himself??? He's the "OMNIA II for i900" builder, afterall!!!

From me...? ANY KIND of artwork help you need, feel free to ask me for.

AH! By the way, I think I've seen somewhere here in this forum, another BLACK SKIN for menus/settings sub-directories etc. Do you remembering where is it that too???

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest jms2367

btw, how would i revert back to the white background? when i select another theme for example the samsung default theme, the background remains all black in the menu. thanks...

Guest lupus_hegemonia
btw, how would i revert back to the white background? when i select another theme for example the samsung default theme, the background remains all black in the menu. thanks...

It seems to me, you missed the point of this skin... It's NOT a "theme"; it just change the DAMN WHITE backgrounds to BLACK, with inverted text color (white instead black).

No matter what theme you choose, with THIS skin installed, the background remains BLACK!

Try to remember before you place that skin... If you've changed themes, the background was STILL WHITE, right? So, in this case, remains black.

Guest jms2367
It seems to me, you missed the point of this skin... It's NOT a "theme"; it just change the DAMN WHITE backgrounds to BLACK, with inverted text color (white instead black).

No matter what theme you choose, with THIS skin installed, the background remains BLACK!

Try to remember before you place that skin... If you've changed themes, the background was STILL WHITE, right? So, in this case, remains black.

no offense meant laddie, the title says it is a black theme. the font color also changes. and the black theme is showing up in the today menu one thing is i am still in wm6.1 at the moment and the i cannot read the sms, same thing as the background of the image i posted above wherein the text cannot be read.

got a work around though, i installed an sms skin and now i can preview my sms.

edit: also after using the theme, i now realize that it replaces the background to black and i can't change it back even though i change themes. loving the theme though after i fixed my sms background problem.

Edited by jms2367

Guest jms2367

hi joža, when i am editing or inputting field in the calendar and tasks, i cannot read the input fields. hope there is a fix for this since i use calendar and task a lot. thanks...

post-624222-1268613437_thumb.jpg

Guest lupus_hegemonia
no offense meant laddie, the title says it is a black theme. the font color also changes. and the black theme is showing up in the today menu one thing is i am still in wm6.1 at the moment and the i cannot read the sms, same thing as the background of the image i posted above wherein the text cannot be read.

got a work around though, i installed an sms skin and now i can preview my sms.

edit: also after using the theme, i now realize that it replaces the background to black and i can't change it back even though i change themes. loving the theme though after i fixed my sms background problem.

No offence taken, m8! I didn't give it a try yet, since I'm using OCK's WM6.5s now - perhaps I'm going to "degrade" my OS back to KC's WM6.1 build 21001 (from OMNIA II), when these problems/issues will solved...

So, dear developer "joza", as this lad here saying, there is an issue with the texts. THEY SOULD be in WHITE, m8... or else, this black skin is useless...

You really need to take a look on this issue, 'cause I'm your BIG supporter and I can't wait to "go-back" to KC's WM6.1 build 21001 and... USE that skin!

Regards to all...

Guest jms2367
No offence taken, m8! I didn't give it a try yet, since I'm using OCK's WM6.5s now - perhaps I'm going to "degrade" my OS back to KC's WM6.1 build 21001 (from OMNIA II), when these problems/issues will solved...

So, dear developer "joza", as this lad here saying, there is an issue with the texts. THEY SOULD be in WHITE, m8... or else, this black skin is useless...

You really need to take a look on this issue, 'cause I'm your BIG supporter and I can't wait to "go-back" to KC's WM6.1 build 21001 and... USE that skin!

Regards to all...

agree with that. i am trying to edit the black theme.tsk file myself but i cannot find the correct settings in the _setup.xml. well if i cannot find a solution since even changing themes cannot remedy the problem, guess i am going to either hard reset or it is time for me to flash to another custom rom again.

regards.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
agree with that. i am trying to edit the black theme.tsk file myself but i cannot find the correct settings in the _setup.xml. well if i cannot find a solution since even changing themes cannot remedy the problem, guess i am going to either hard reset or it is time for me to flash to another custom rom again.

regards.

No, no, no!!! Don't hard-reset yet, laddie! The developer fellow didn't respond yet, so you'll be a fine example to him, to CORRECT this problem!

Don't hard-reset it yet!

Guest jms2367
No, no, no!!! Don't hard-reset yet, laddie! The developer fellow didn't respond yet, so you'll be a fine example to him, to CORRECT this problem!

Don't hard-reset it yet!

oops. sorry, i just read your post. i already flashed my phone to a new rom since i can't get a fix to the fonts not being read in some program.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
oops. sorry, i just read your post. i already flashed my phone to a new rom since i can't get a fix to the fonts not being read in some program.

Too bad... Pitty... At least, let's see if "joza" will take care the problem with the texts' coloring.

Guest chopperthedog

Unless you use resco backup or like program. No. Just restored my phone myself. Not being able to read email was a deal breaker. Hope he fixes. I could not find the color entry in sktools.

Guest joža

sorry guys, can't give much solutions at the moment as i'm in school...

well, to disable black bg, delete MultiColorTheme dir in HKLM. search for it, dunno for exact locatuon..

and tor tasks, messages etc.. this is becouse colors of text are hardcoded and bgcolor not. you can solve this with any other software... there is no solution for developers's clumbness.. sorry..

will be back afternoon, hopefully with more solutions;)

bye:D

i've written this from my omnia in middle of class:P

Guest jms2367
sorry guys, can't give much solutions at the moment as i'm in school...

well, to disable black bg, delete MultiColorTheme dir in HKLM. search for it, dunno for exact locatuon..

and tor tasks, messages etc.. this is becouse colors of text are hardcoded and bgcolor not. you can solve this with any other software... there is no solution for developers's clumbness.. sorry..

will be back afternoon, hopefully with more solutions;)

bye:D

i've written this from my omnia in middle of class:P

ei joža, it is a great project i may say sir. no need to feel sorry bro. i hope you find the solution somehow.

regards.

Guest joža

well, guys, i double checked everything that you were saying and they all work for me(!!!!)

dunno, maybe this rom is customized better for blacks(since is from omnia II)

when i go home i'll add my colors reg dump to theme, and we'll see..

cheers

Guest jms2367
well, guys, i double checked everything that you were saying and they all work for me(!!!!)

dunno, maybe this rom is customized better for blacks(since is from omnia II)

when i go home i'll add my colors reg dump to theme, and we'll see..

cheers

have you tried entering a new task for example? if all the fields are visible on your omnia II, i guess your right, the theme needs further customizations to be compatible with the i9x0. thanks for putting your time to make this work in our old devices... cheers.