Navigon on Nexus One

Guest cezent

Guest cezent

I m wondering if anyone tried the Navigon on Nexus One yet, the feedback on Market seems fairly average, but it looks like a good alternative to Google Nav for Non-US based users. The file seems rather large (almost 2G) and I havnt got around to download the whole thing yet.

Anyone s got any hands on feedbacK?

Guest Stea1thmode
I m wondering if anyone tried the Navigon on Nexus One yet, the feedback on Market seems fairly average, but it looks like a good alternative to Google Nav for Non-US based users. The file seems rather large (almost 2G) and I havnt got around to download the whole thing yet.

Anyone s got any hands on feedbacK?

Ive not used it myself, im seriously thinking about buying co pilot.anyone know how this compares?

Sorry if you think ive hijacked your thread

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest batista70

I use CoPilot and i've tried also Navigon, they are almost similar, very fast in recalculate the road, Navigon have more POI but CoPilot is fluenter.

I prefer CoPilot, also for the price.

Guest ascito
I use CoPilot and i've tried also Navigon, they are almost similar, very fast in recalculate the road, Navigon have more POI but CoPilot is fluenter.

I prefer CoPilot, also for the price.

I also would say that Navigon has the maps not enough zoomed...Not easy to look at.

Guest krohnjw
Ive not used it myself, im seriously thinking about buying co pilot.anyone know how this compares?

Sorry if you think ive hijacked your thread

CoPilot is working much better on Android than it did on WM. When I picked it up for WM 6 months ago the maps were woefully out of date. Maps now appear updated and I've been happy with CoPilot so far (US Maps).

Guest thelucster

I used the hacked Google version and tried it here in the UK. It worked pretty well in terms of generating the route, however for some reason kept loosing the GPS signal even though I had a clear signal of the sky (I use Sports Tracker which is fine so it isn't a poor GPS unit). Also it seemed a bit dodgy at telling directions, when it did bother to tell me it only did after I had turned the corner. I don't really like the voice either.

So to round off, not bad considering it is free, but the execs at TomTom don't need to worry just yet!

Guest krohnjw
I used the hacked Google version and tried it here in the UK. It worked pretty well in terms of generating the route, however for some reason kept loosing the GPS signal even though I had a clear signal of the sky (I use Sports Tracker which is fine so it isn't a poor GPS unit). Also it seemed a bit dodgy at telling directions, when it did bother to tell me it only did after I had turned the corner. I don't really like the voice either.

So to round off, not bad considering it is free, but the execs at TomTom don't need to worry just yet!

I assumed the OP meant the actual Navigon software - not google's navigation.

Guest Viper.MK
The file seems rather large (almost 2G) and I havnt got around to download the whole thing yet.

Hi, I thought about getting the HTC Desire once its available. I'm actually not quite happy with my Omnia 2 any more (memory leakage, auto-closing apps, dust behind the screen...) but recently bought a Navigon 7 WinMo+Symbian version.

It is not activated yet, so hopefully Navigon trades it in for an Android serial or it even works for the Android version.

Is Navigon a on- or offline navigation software for Android? Cezent mentioned a 2GB file, but on Navigon's page is a reference like "100km navigation = 700kb - 1.2MB"...confused <_<

cu

Marc

Guest cezent
Hi, I thought about getting the HTC Desire once its available. I'm actually not quite happy with my Omnia 2 any more (memory leakage, auto-closing apps, dust behind the screen...) but recently bought a Navigon 7 WinMo+Symbian version.

It is not activated yet, so hopefully Navigon trades it in for an Android serial or it even works for the Android version.

Is Navigon a on- or offline navigation software for Android? Cezent mentioned a 2GB file, but on Navigon's page is a reference like "100km navigation = 700kb - 1.2MB"...confused <_<

cu

Marc

the 2GB file is for all the maps add together, but u dont have to install all the map, I ve only installed the UK one in the end which is less than 200mb altogether.

Having tested it for a bit today, my verdict so far is not very positive. In fact, I think its rather safe to call it rubbish compare to anything else that are/might be available. Its difficult to tell the turns and landmarks in the 3D view, and the 2D view is too small to do anything. There also doesnt seem to be traffic information available on this version, which is a shame considered its built for smart phone (and what other devices out there other than mobile phones that are capable of transmitting data live?)

I m gonna test it for a few more days, but unless I manage to discover some magical feature on this app I will probably uninstall it after the 30day trail.

Don't know when will Google Nav be offocially supported in UK, and Where is the TomTom for Android??!

the 2GB file is for all the maps add together, but u dont have to install all the map, I ve only installed the UK one in the end which is less than 200mb altogether.

Having tested it for a bit today, my verdict so far is not very positive. In fact, I think its rather safe to call it rubbish compare to anything else that are/might be available. Its difficult to tell the turns and landmarks in the 3D view, and the 2D view is too small to do anything. There also doesnt seem to be traffic information available on this version, which is a shame considered its built for smart phone (and what other devices out there other than mobile phones that are capable of transmitting data live?)

I m gonna test it for a few more days, but unless I manage to discover some magical feature on this app I will probably uninstall it after the 30day trail.

Don't know when will Google Nav be offocially supported in UK, and Where is the TomTom for Android??!

If we look what Navigon has done in the iPhone world...the Android version is pretty rubbish as you said.

But with iPhone Navigon has been very aggressive on bringin new updates and features, so I think we just have to give them a little time to do the updates and bring us more features. TomToms iPhone app is lagging very much behind feature wise with iPhone, so I don't even care if they're thinking about Android version...atleast I hope they don't.

And of course...the traffic info surely will be available to Android as it's available to iPhone but they're surely going to charge extra for it (20euros in iPhone version).

Guest tropmonky

great thread. My old TomTom bit the dust recently and I really don't want to purchase another one but LOVE the TOMTOM software setup... I'm loving the Google Navigation for when I'm in the big city (I'm in Los Angeles) but am afraid I'll get stuck when I go on a trip and loose signal for awhile.

I've heard good things about Copilot

Guest markogin

I was just wondering where are the maps installed in the Nexus one since the internal memory is small and I have heard you can't save apps on the memory card. I am thinking about chenging my iPhone for the Nexus as a test. I'd appreciate some feedback from Nexus users.

Thanks

I was just wondering where are the maps installed in the Nexus one since the internal memory is small and I have heard you can't save apps on the memory card. I am thinking about chenging my iPhone for the Nexus as a test. I'd appreciate some feedback from Nexus users.

Thanks

Mape are installed to the sdcard