Rapid's Semi-Lite ROM with and without TF3D 1.3

Guest Rapid81

Thanks for the jj1 rom, rapid.

I have a problem with adding my city to weather. I tried to do the things you explained in post 77 but I couldn't.

Can you please explain more?

I downloaded weather.zip, but what is TC to overwrite 2330fc3c_manila file?

And I cannot find my city's location code in AccuWeather.com.

Can you please help me?

Guest Rapid81
Thanks for the jj1 rom, rapid.

I have a problem with adding my city to weather. I tried to do the things you explained in post 77 but I couldn't.

Can you please explain more?

I downloaded weather.zip, but what is TC to overwrite 2330fc3c_manila file?

And I cannot find my city's location code in AccuWeather.com.

Can you please help me?

Hi!

The TC is the Total Commander for PPC.

The AccuWeather changed their website recently. So, the previous method does not work anymore.

But:

Got to netweather.accuweather.com.

"Get my netweather"

"Choose location" for example Budapest, then Search. If found, then "Next"

"Next" again

"I agree to these terms and conditions"

In the window web page code scroll down until you found EUR|HU|HU006|BUDAPEST|

And that's it!

Hi!

The TC is the Total Commander for PPC.

The AccuWeather changed their website recently. So, the previous method does not work anymore.

But:

Got to netweather.accuweather.com.

"Get my netweather"

"Choose location" for example Budapest, then Search. If found, then "Next"

"Next" again

"I agree to these terms and conditions"

In the window web page code scroll down until you found EUR|HU|HU006|BUDAPEST|

And that's it!

Hi, thx a lot for helping.

By the way, i found your rom really very good except the battery time. My phone shows 10% in two days. I think that is the only problem it has, anything else is really beatiful and looks nice...

Thanks again...

Guest Rapid81
Hi, thx a lot for helping.

By the way, i found your rom really very good except the battery time. My phone shows 10% in two days. I think that is the only problem it has, anything else is really beatiful and looks nice...

Thanks again...

I think you use something what eats your battery. I'm using the ROM since 5 days and the battery from 100% to 48% now, with wifi, 2-3 hours of talking, sms, iGO (2 hours), etc...

Guest teccrom

Thanks a lot for this TF3d rom, been using this latest version for a few days, excellent speed and smooth, plus it just works. Never liked the ugly banding on omnia sense 2.5 ports, or their slow speed. But this one feels like lite rom. Thanks again.

Bugreport:

When I switch my language to "German" in the keyboard and T9 settings, then the rom doesn't boot again :) So I kill it.

eboot: JH2

phone: your JJ1

CSC: your JJ1 and a JH2

pda: NXXJJ1_Naked_ENG

I tried this with Jacobn's Newlife and there this feature works. Is there a quickfix avaible for this feature, cause I'd like to use the german Samsung keyboard layout ;)

Greets & Thx Sebaer

Guest Rapid81
Bugreport:

When I switch my language to "German" in the keyboard and T9 settings, then the rom doesn't boot again :( So I kill it.

eboot: JH2

phone: your JJ1

CSC: your JJ1 and a JH2

pda: NXXJJ1_Naked_ENG

I tried this with Jacobn's Newlife and there this feature works. Is there a quickfix avaible for this feature, cause I'd like to use the german Samsung keyboard layout ;)

Greets & Thx Sebaer

If you read the first post carefully, you'll see, obnly the english and hungarian languages in the ROM. And other thing, you cannot change language in a cooked ROM, because it'll never starts again. Any one more thing: you can use german keyboard layout in any time if you switch to it. The layout, not the ROMs language.

Other:

The JJ1 with build 21916 ROMs are uploading...

If you read the first post carefully, you'll see, obnly the english and hungarian languages in the ROM. And other thing, you cannot change language in a cooked ROM, because it'll never starts again. Any one more thing: you can use german keyboard layout in any time if you switch to it. The layout, not the ROMs language.

Other:

The JJ1 with build 21916 ROMs are uploading...

Ok, than I haven't explained it right :(

That's the problem, I switch to German in the languagesettings of the Keyboard, and cant reboot anymore ;) So I can't use the german keyboardlayout, because the files are missing...

(I didn't want to change the language from the buttons or contextmenus to german, cause thats impossible I know ;) )

Fix: I copied all other keyboard files from the other rom to this and it works fine for me.

Greets & THx

Guest Rapid81
Ok, than I haven't explained it right ;)

That's the problem, I switch to German in the languagesettings of the Keyboard, and cant reboot anymore ;) So I can't use the german keyboardlayout, because the files are missing...

(I didn't want to change the language from the buttons or contextmenus to german, cause thats impossible I know ;) )

Fix: I copied all other keyboard files from the other rom to this and it works fine for me.

Greets & THx

You can found an AllKeyboardLayout.cab in the third post, If I remember correct. Sorry, I mentioned the first post before. :(

Guest GUCCI OMNIA

Your JH2 is still my fave after trying yours/n00body's sense 2.5 and then MS Team's JJ1 lite. I'm really looking forward to flashing your JJ1 semi lite tonight...

flashed it... JJ1 semi lite seems great, except I don't like the sms set up. The default sms is not the threaded one. Which is annoying because i use spb shell mobile with an icon that has the new text message count and it does not link to the threaded sms ... currently my solution is putting the threaded sms icon over the other spb icon. But it looks kinda stupid with two icons overlapped.

The thing I liked most about your JH2 rom was the sms. The default sms was threaded and when i cliked the message icon it brought me directly to my inbox. how can i get that setup again? do u have a cab for your jh2 styled sms

Thanks for all your efforts!

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA

Guest Sebaer
Your JH2 is still my fave after trying yours/n00body's sense 2.5 and then MS Team's JJ1 lite. I'm really looking forward to flashing your JJ1 semi lite tonight...

flashed it... JJ1 semi lite seems great, except I don't like the sms set up. The default sms is not the threaded one. Which is annoying because i use spb shell mobile with an icon that has the new text message count and it does not link to the threaded sms ... currently my solution is putting the threaded sms icon over the other spb icon. But it looks kinda stupid with two icons overlapped.

The thing I liked most about your JH2 rom was the sms. The default sms was threaded and when i cliked the message icon it brought me directly to my inbox. how can i get that setup again? do u have a cab for your jh2 styled sms

Thanks for all your efforts!

Haven't seen the JJ1 but, you can install a cab which allows invisible icons for SPB Mobileshell (Vostradamus I think published this cab, not quite sure), but this should work for you :unsure: So you can place an invisible icon anywhere on the screen.

Greets Sebaer

Guest cybernouris
You can found an AllKeyboardLayout.cab in the third post, If I remember correct. Sorry, I mentioned the first post before. :unsure:

Sorry, but I can't find it. Also, can you tell me what does this cab do exactly? Does it install all keyboard languages?

I am interested for Greek Keyboard with the possibility to change to English layout by holding down the spacebar, like it works in stock ROMs.

Thanks!

PS: I am NOT interested in changing ROM's interface language, just keyboard languages on the fly without the need to enter keyboard submenus to change the default layout. That is the most irritating part of every custom ROM i have tried, since most of them already have most if not all keyboard layouts, but i havent found one that supports changing them on the fly as in stock ROMs.

Edited by cybernouris

Should I be able to flash this rom with OCTANS Mini? I get Fail read error from file. What next?, phone is in download mode...

Please help.

Thanks

Reflashed original Bell rom. Working again.

Guest Rapid81
Sorry, but I can't find it. Also, can you tell me what does this cab do exactly? Does it install all keyboard languages?

I am interested for Greek Keyboard with the possibility to change to English layout by holding down the spacebar, like it works in stock ROMs.

Thanks!

PS: I am NOT interested in changing ROM's interface language, just keyboard languages on the fly without the need to enter keyboard submenus to change the default layout. That is the most irritating part of every custom ROM i have tried, since most of them already have most if not all keyboard layouts, but i havent found one that supports changing them on the fly as in stock ROMs.

This:

http://www.4shared.com/file/rBtgOmgg/Rapid...rd_Layouts.html

Guest cybernouris

Thanks master chef!

EDIT: Installing AllKeyboardLayouts doesn't help at all. Even without it I could change English <-> Greek by going into the keyboard menu. I want to be able to change the layout by holding down the space bar, like it works in stock ROMs. By pressing it down now it reappears but without any language change.

If you have any info on this, whether there is a workaround or no other way to do this in custom ROMs, please share your knowledge.

Edited by cybernouris

Guest Ill Named
You can add custom cities.

Download this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/252132301/76d878ea/Weather.html

Overwrite the file 2330fc3c_manila with TC.

Open this site:

http://www.accuweather.com/us-city-list.as...ner=accuweather

At "Enter an International Location" enter your city.

If it exists, the adress looks something like this:

http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-for...ZOLNOK|&u=1

We need the LocCode

EUR|HU|HU017|SZOLNOK

Put it in the locations.txt like this:

Country, County, City, AccuWeather code

Something like this:

Hungary,Jasz-Nagykun-Szolnok,Szolnok,EUR|HU|HU017|SZOLNOK

Copy the locations.txt and the CmdWC3.exe to the phone.

Run the CmdWC3.exe

Wait until the messagebox pops up with "ok" message.

If does not works, then soft reset,

Your city will be in the locations list.

I don't know. We're working on it hard. :D Some bugs already fixed, like I mentioned before, but we're still have some.

What am I overwriting the file 233.... with?

The .dll that came with the download?

could you explain how to do this please?

Thank you

Ill