Clockwork Recovery & ROM Manager

Guest joners

Guest joners

Just wondered if anyone has tried out the Clockwork Recovery Image and ROM Manager.

Its avilable on the Market Place and there is a thread over at XDA on it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=639153

Just thinking that this might be something to start to look in to, Amon_RA mentioned on his Twitter feed that he was looking to stop deveolpment of his recovery due to there being others out there.

Anyone got any thoughts on it?

Cheers,

Jon

Guest xkonni
Just wondered if anyone has tried out the Clockwork Recovery Image and ROM Manager.

Its avilable on the Market Place and there is a thread over at XDA on it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=639153

Just thinking that this might be something to start to look in to, Amon_RA mentioned on his Twitter feed that he was looking to stop deveolpment of his recovery due to there being others out there.

Anyone got any thoughts on it?

Cheers,

Jon

using the recovery and the donate version of the app.

koush is doing a great job in this, and its open source - while afaik amon_ra always kept his sources closed.

with the app you can tell it to make a backup and choose a name too. and keep roms in a subfolder, among other nice ideas.

its not as far developed as amon_ra recovery but i'm sure that will change soon.

i suggest you give it a try and see for yourself. you can always go back to amon_ra.

but beware, the backups may not be fully compatible. (clockwork backs up more partitions and in a different folder. you can probably restore these with fastboot, but not necessarily on amon_ra)

Guest xkonni
Thnx for the info ckonni i also saw it but hasitated with trying. i will give it a try soon.

since yesterday, amon_ra recovery is open source too.

so soon we might get the best of both merged into one :)