Keep getting random reboots

Guest scash

Guest scash

I keep getting random reboots throughout the day. I'm starting to suspect that it's because I flashed the wrong file. I've tried looking around for different basebands or firmware..can't seem to find most of it. I think a few posts got deleted during the Angio dilemma. Sad.. it seems the community literally took a blow as those files are not able to be found anymore, nor are the posts that were being linked to.

Anyway, does any of this look weird/wrong to you?

Firmware Version

Baseband Version

A1-03.05.02

Kernel Version

robert@build1 #1

Build Number

Acer_LiquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1

OS is eVilD's 1.7.1b

EDIT: upgraded OS, problem still persists

Edited by scash

Guest scash
Go back to firmware 1.6 and see if the issue persists. 2.1 has its issues on the liquid.... Better rule that out first

so which one of these would I use from here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=7

EDIT: K I realize the links are messed up there, but they can be edited in the URL and will work that way. So far I've tried flashing:

[bIN] 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

[bIN] 2.000.13_AAP_GEN2

[bIN] 2.000.05_AAP_GEN2

afterward I flash a malezrecovery image, wipe data, wipe dalvik, flash evil's 1.7.1b. This is causing me to lose all service, however. Can anyone tell me exactly what BIN or IMG to flash?? I'll just keep moving up the list until I find something that works otherwise..

PS if it helps, the device originally came with the hong kong version of 1.6

Edited by scash

Guest emerald7086

the LCR bugtracker is still there, you could have a try.

so far 1.1 and 1.1.1 have no reboot issue on my fone, but it mainly differs from user to user as some of your app or overclocking might be behind the issue...

Guest kylenk

use 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.

i meant do not use 2.1 use 1.6, don't flash evils thing. This way you can at least figure out whether its a sw or hw issue, id put my money on software. Just flash stock 1.6, root/recovery aswell if you want and see if you get any issues.

Guest linuxluver
I keep getting random reboots throughout the day. I'm starting to suspect that it's because I flashed the wrong file. I've tried looking around for different basebands or firmware..can't seem to find most of it. I think a few posts got deleted during the Angio dilemma. Sad.. it seems the community literally took a blow as those files are not able to be found anymore, nor are the posts that were being linked to.

Anyway, does any of this look weird/wrong to you?

Firmware Version

Baseband Version

A1-03.05.02

Kernel Version

robert@build1 #1

Build Number

Acer_LiquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1

OS is eVilD's 1.6.3 slim

I've been using eViLD's v1.6.7 slim....and it has been solid as a rock for 4 days. Upgrading to 1.7.1 today....so will see how it goes.

The slimming LiquidE down seems to reduce the scope for instability. It is beta....and does pretty well for a beta.

Guest linuxluver
PS if it helps, the device originally came with the hong kong version of 1.6

I've tried it and just found I need to go back to another version of Android 1.6 from the same region before changing to another regional BIN.

I tried to go from LiquidE to AAP GEN2 and it didn't work. But going first to 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1, then to 2.000.13 AAP GEN2 worked fine.

Don't know if it will help with the freezing....but that was the path I had to take (today....maybeit was just one-time thing).

Edited by linuxluver

Guest linuxluver
@linuxluver: did you try extracting the bin and flashing with the older acer tool? Just curious

I was wrong. The attempts I made a last week failed for completely different reasons (I've just realised).

I just tried to flash from LiquidE to stock 2.000.13 AAP GEN2 and it failed.

But I then flashed to 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1....and *then* flashed 2.000.13 AAP GEN2 and it went on fine. I was offered 3 language choices: English and two others: Maybe Mandarin + Cantonese.

So it works fine. Now I'm just wondering about hwat I might have to do to find - or make - a rooted boot.img for the 2.000.13 AAP GEN2.

I'll correct or delete my other post.

Guest linuxluver
@linuxluver: did you try extracting the bin and flashing with the older acer tool? Just curious

When I look into the SD[blah blah] folder, the BIN is separated out into a variety of files. I was wondering if I just fastboot flash the boot, system and recovery img's if that would be enough of a system to be starting with. Maybe the userdata.img, too.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest emerald7086
I tried to go from LiquidE to AAP GEN2 and it didn't work. But going first to 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1, then to 2.000.13 AAP GEN2 worked fine.

um...that's not quite my case so far...

my machine is a HK AAP one, i flashed it through donuts .03, .13 into eclairs LCR 1.1, 1.1.1...AND BACKWARD without issue

just switched back eating donut a couple of days ago for better battery life

===============================================================================

For the poster's issue, if you have an HK AAP/CSL machine, try flash it to .13, which is an updated AAP

Guest scash

I've come down with some sort of cold and as a result I really don't want to spend a whole lot of time on this right now. However, being bored, I'll give it a quick go. First I'd like to clarify what you guys mean by your responses though

use 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.

i meant do not use 2.1 use 1.6, don't flash evils thing. This way you can at least figure out whether its a sw or hw issue, id put my money on software. Just flash stock 1.6, root/recovery aswell if you want and see if you get any issues.

So all those .bin's I listed are 2.1 bins? or is the one I had on there originally, the 0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1 the 2.1?

I'm not sure where to find stock 1.6, can you point me in the right direction?

+1 more, if I do a recovery, does that restore previously installed apps? I don't have any clue what these recovery images / nandroid backup things are for.

um...that's not quite my case so far...

my machine is a HK AAP one, i flashed it through donuts .03, .13 into eclairs LCR 1.1, 1.1.1...AND BACKWARD without issue

just switched back eating donut a couple of days ago for better battery life

===============================================================================

For the poster's issue, if you have an HK AAP/CSL machine, try flash it to .13, which is an updated AAP

I tried it with .13, and then flashed eVil's 1.7.1b but I couldn't get service. I tried flashing the other .bin's listed above but still couldn't get service until I flashed back to the original .bin (.004). I take it evil's rom won't sit right with anything other than that .004 bin?

Sorry..it's just so confusing sometimes trying to figure out which .bin is what version of android. This whole android business seems to have a steep learning curve. I'll have to write up a sexy beginners guide to android this summer <_<

Guest emerald7086
I tried it with .13, and then flashed eVil's 1.7.1b but I couldn't get service. I tried flashing the other .bin's listed above but still couldn't get service until I flashed back to the original .bin (.004). I take it evil's rom won't sit right with anything other than that .004 bin?

ooohhh... <_<

eVil's works need android 2.1 "eclair" system as base while your machine is 1.6 "donut" system by default. so, as stated in eVil's post, you cannot just flash an eclair on the donut system which resulted in no service.

and that .004 is an eclair, so you can put eVil's cream on.

so the case is:

either just flash a plain 2.XXX.13 (or .16 as you like it) of donut (yes these numbers are confusing, but they surely are donuts)

or keep on .004 eclair to try LCR update

Guest kylenk
When I look into the SD[blah blah] folder, the BIN is separated out into a variety of files. I was wondering if I just fastboot flash the boot, system and recovery img's if that would be enough of a system to be starting with. Maybe the userdata.img, too.

the bin doesn't end up in the sd, it ends up in the folder of the newer acer download tool. When it goes to flash it generates, says its the wrong version then deletes itself. There's your window to grab the file, although it doesn't make much difference if your running 2.1.

I'd like to switch over to 2.1 but just don't see too many advantages over 1.6, if it had multitouch id be onto it already. The keyboard would be such an improvement with multitouch.

Guest linuxluver
the bin doesn't end up in the sd, it ends up in the folder of the newer acer download tool. When it goes to flash it generates, says its the wrong version then deletes itself. There's your window to grab the file, although it doesn't make much difference if your running 2.1.

I'd like to switch over to 2.1 but just don't see too many advantages over 1.6, if it had multitouch id be onto it already. The keyboard would be such an improvement with multitouch.

Ok. I haven't used the EUU's much. I downloaded one for AAP and it refused to install....so I got the file somewhere else. I'll have a play and see how to get the BIN file. Should be easy from what I've read.

Android 2.1 has the new Gallery, some added function and more integration in Contacts. I like the Live Wallpapers. I can install and run Google Earth.....though without multi-touch it's almost not usable as the Acer Liquid doesn't have a trackball or trackpad to zoom back out once zoomed in....and finger spread isn't a starter.

eViLD's Eclair ROM is the best I've seen on HTC Magic or Acer Liquid. I should give LCR v1.1.1 another try to refresh my memory. As it stands now eViLD is actively working on his ROM and I'll actively support that. Looking forward to what may happen when v2.1 comes out and the source is available.

The stock Android v1.6 is very nice. Acer - or whoever put it together for them - did a great job, IMHO.

Guest scash
ooohhh... <_<

eVil's works need android 2.1 "eclair" system as base while your machine is 1.6 "donut" system by default. so, as stated in eVil's post, you cannot just flash an eclair on the donut system which resulted in no service.

and that .004 is an eclair, so you can put eVil's cream on.

so the case is:

either just flash a plain 2.XXX.13 (or .16 as you like it) of donut (yes these numbers are confusing, but they surely are donuts)

or keep on .004 eclair to try LCR update

I gave LCR a shot a while back and didn't like it. can't remember why. think it mighta been sluggish and unstable.

I've flashed .13. Rolling with stock (i think) OS now. Hopefully this isn't what's causing the issue.

Goin to bed now. Night

Guest kylenk

@emerald7086: afaik 0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1 is the only 2.1 rom. all else is donut. you can get from acers website, im using the build from the au site.

@linuxluver: agreed, 1.6 runs brilliantly. although coming back to the home screen is slow at times, guess its the widgets. lets hope the official 2.1 is as good! =D....and lets hope it gets rooted mighty fast

Guest kylenk

no problem emerald. Just a thought, doesn't evils rom overclock to 920mhz by default? my liquid gets occasional reboots @ 920mhz, maybe your is even less tolerant than mine?

Guest scash
no problem emerald. Just a thought, doesn't evils rom overclock to 920mhz by default? my liquid gets occasional reboots @ 920mhz, maybe your is even less tolerant than mine?

Wasn't sure, so I downloaded an app to check what cpu clock was (Quick System), and its at 768 mhz, so that must not be the problem either.

btw switched back to evil's, running 1.8 now but still getting random reboots. didn't have any apps installed other than what his rom comes with, so it's not that.

Guest scash

New development: if I leave the Pandora app running, it won't reboot. However, pausing the music "doesn't count" so to speak.

EDIT: Also, if it is connected to an A/C or USB charger, it won't reboot [randomly]

Edited by scash